What's new

Dark clouds over the Middle East

Rig Vedic

Reaction score
In Syria the Assad govt is under a lot of pressure. Although Assad has his faults I do think that he is better than the opposition. There is a possibility of Libyan situation repeating in Syria. Recently the Syrian opposition was recognized as the legitimate government by the "friends of Syria" group.

What is the position of Russia and China? They are making protests but not giving enough support to decisively turn the situation.

If Syria falls the focus will turn to Iran, where the sanctions are already creating economic difficulties.

What will the situation be like 2 years from now?

Very hard to tell what the future is going to be. A military conflict between two groups of nations is inevitable but the timing and the location cannot be so easily predicted. A war on the economic front has already been going on, it's only a matter of time before it turns into an armed conflict. All I can say is that China is going to decide when and where the first shot is going to be fired.

Very hard to tell what the future is going to be. A military conflict between two groups of nations is inevitable but the timing and the location cannot be so easily predicted. A war on the economic front has already been going on, it's only a matter of time before it turns into an armed conflict. All I can say is that China is going to decide when and where the first shot is going to be fired.

Overestimation of China. Ask them to send those 1000 trawlers to middle east that will do.

The only possible conflict in the mid-east would be;
(NATO's back) Israel, Turkey vs. Iran, Syria (Russia and China's back)
i know that the relations are fuvked up between turkey and israel but. But technically turkey is the only ally of israel in the region just as turkey's only ally is israel. :) fall of assad will be the first step of the joint invasion of iran.

turkey's only ally is israel.

Very wrong. Turkey has Egypt, Qatar, Libya, Tunisia.
Actually Israel is no more an ally for Turkey at all. You do not have an update of huge middle east changes.

Russia is not really giving support to govt of Syria ... a few months back they did not return the Mi-25 helicopters that Syria had sent for servicing, and just today you have this statement -

Syria's Assad losing control, rebels may win war: Russia - The Times of India

For Syrian minorities especially (Christians, Alawites) things could get ugly.
Russian bear policy. They try to save face as much as they can.
There is a danger sign for FSA at this point: It is the confident and quite Iran that does not make sense. It is very mysterious.

Take it easy pizzaboy :D I didn't mean that. Israel is the only "ally" of turkey in the region. I didn't count the Arabic states. Coz israel's the only one who'd fight for turkey. P.S I know how crazy it sounds but relations are still in progress. During the crisis defence sales were also cancelled but the military co-operation, it never ended. Trust me on that :)

And second, I know a lot more than every one does about middle-east. Coz, i'm having int. affairs classes for years ;) sorry for double.

The only possible conflict in the mid-east would be;
(NATO's back) Israel, Turkey vs. Iran, Syria (Russia and China's back)
i know that the relations are fuvked up between turkey and israel but. But technically turkey is the only ally of israel in the region just as turkey's only ally is israel. :) fall of assad will be the first step of the joint invasion of iran.

I don't know what kind of drugs you are hooked on buddy but Turkey has a ton of allies in Middleeast.

This is not 1990's. BTW, Turkey is the country that will spearhead the attack on Israel in few years.

In Syria the Assad govt is under a lot of pressure. Although Assad has his faults I do think that he is better than the opposition. There is a possibility of Libyan situation repeating in Syria. Recently the Syrian opposition was recognized as the legitimate government by the "friends of Syria" group.

What is the position of Russia and China? They are making protests but not giving enough support to decisively turn the situation.

If Syria falls the focus will turn to Iran, where the sanctions are already creating economic difficulties.

What will the situation be like 2 years from now?

Fall of dictator will be a good thing, Assad has a cruel and bloody regime which tortures civilians, You are and indian and 90% indians are idiots and dont know anything about MiddleEast. So Shut Up.

You too bro. I know that. But as I said before. Friendly and partner countries are NOT allies they are your partners. And sec. The attack on both sides will NEVER happen. F.e let's say turkey's been invaded by an unknown country (Iran is the only potential enemy who can dare to do it). You think israel would just stay. Or your arabic friend will come to turkey's aid. Don't mix alliance and partnership. And find a girl who can teach you how to speak politely.

Back
Top Bottom