What's new

Dalai Lama calls Indian Lazy

faithfulguy

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Taiwan, Province Of China
Indians are sometimes lazy: Dalai Lama

New Delhi: Indians are "lazy" and must work hard like the Chinese, Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama said here on Friday.

"As a critic, I feel sometimes people in India are lazy. You should work hard. Look at the Chinese, they work very hard," he said.

In a lighter vein, he also said, "Wherever the Chinese go, they make China towns. However, nowhere in the world there are any 'India towns'."

However, negating China's economic growth, the Dalai Lama attacked it for "lacking" values like transparency and free information which were important for a successful democracy.

"Money is important. Nobody is denying that. But there are other values like democracy, respect for others' views... these are the foundations of successful democracy," the Tibetan spiritual leader said.

He also referred to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's recent remarks in which he talked about China progressing more than India economically but the country having other fundamental values -- democracy, openness, transparency, free information, independent judiciary -- which the Chinese lack.

The Dalai Lama was speaking at a function organised by the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) to commemorate the 100th birth anniversary of Mother Teresa.

According to reports, Chinese economy has recorded a stellar growth of 11.9 per cent in the first three months of 2010, marginally higher than projected.

You guys should expel this backstabber

This is not China where you expel or put in jail those who have views against the government.

This is India. Criticism is integral to any open society. His Holiness is speaking with benevolent intentions.

YAWN YAWN

old news. was discussed to death i think.

Indian living pace is slower than China, Dalai Lama is right at this time.

He is right we are lazy. And remember this guys Lazy people invented the wheel and the bicycle because they didn't like walking or carrying things... Proud to be lazy!!:alcoholic:

Yeah we are . Now Get me a Beer while i stare at the street sitting at the curb , thinking , contemplating about sudden and astronomical increase in respect of Dalai Lama by Chinese .

Plus he is one of the very few spiritual leaders whom i respect .

I wonder what the Dalai lama does all day?? :whistle: He should know about lazy. ;)

This is not China where you expel or put in jail those who have views against the government.

This is India. Criticism is integral to any open society. His Holiness is speaking with benevolent intentions.

Yes it is India where you can be arrested and your property can be destroyed for comments on facebook.

:P

ab itni lambi lambi na chora karo

I just love how Indians here make some pretention in order to dissimulate the pain and find the escape way about what Dalai Lama said :rofl:, so this thread will be vanish gradually. :rofl:

I dont care how truth this guy portray Indians but very surprising and interesting: Did we the evil Chinese start to corrupte this so call holy man to make him issue such statement as Lazy Indians. :rofl:..I bet Tibetains in India are very powefull and hardwork as Chinese in order for them to look down the native people.

Biggest democracy nation of the world....Right....sure & no doubt about it :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Indians are sometimes lazy: Dalai Lama

New Delhi: Indians are "lazy" and must work hard like the Chinese, Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama said here on Friday.

"As a critic, I feel sometimes people in India are lazy. You should work hard. Look at the Chinese, they work very hard," he said.

In a lighter vein, he also said, "Wherever the Chinese go, they make China towns. However, nowhere in the world there are any 'India towns'."

However, negating China's economic growth, the Dalai Lama attacked it for "lacking" values like transparency and free information which were important for a successful democracy.

"Money is important. Nobody is denying that. But there are other values like democracy, respect for others' views... these are the foundations of successful democracy," the Tibetan spiritual leader said.

He also referred to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's recent remarks in which he talked about China progressing more than India economically but the country having other fundamental values -- democracy, openness, transparency, free information, independent judiciary -- which the Chinese lack.

The Dalai Lama was speaking at a function organised by the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) to commemorate the 100th birth anniversary of Mother Teresa.

According to reports, Chinese economy has recorded a stellar growth of 11.9 per cent in the first three months of 2010, marginally higher than projected.

You guys should expel this backstabber

Somewhat agreed with him.:tup:

Indian living pace is slower than China, Dalai Lama is right at this time.

He is right on all the points.

I just love how Indians here make some pretention in order to dissimulate the pain and find the escape way about what Dalai Lama said :rofl:, so this thread will be vanish gradually. :rofl:

I dont care how truth this guy portray Indians but very surprising and interesting: Did we the evil Chinese start to corrupte this so call holy man to make him issue such statement as Lazy Indians. :rofl:..I bet Tibetains in India are very powefull and hardwork as Chinese in order for them to look down the native people.

Biggest democracy nation of the world....Right....sure & no doubt about it :

what Makes CHINA standout is the fact that even its enemies cant resist envy it and praise it.

India import alot of western technology and Russia. China clearly does not.

India is becoming Saudi Arabia example with little experiences.

Back
Top Bottom