What's new

Cycling in Bangladesh growing

flame_retardant

Reaction score
Hi guys, this isn't strictly about BD defence, but more people cycling in Dhaka is definitely a good thing. A couple of years ago, I made a thread asking if cycling could be the main form of transportation in Dhaka. I am happy to see more and more rich in \dhaka agree with me.

So updates:
1. BDCYCLISTS has grown to 35000 members now. Its founder had hoped to have 5% of car-users shift to bicycle by 2014 (that meant around 35000 people). In 2012, there were about 5000 members.
2. Govt is encouraging people to take up cycling for transport.

I am very happy to see this progress and hope that those of you living in Dhaka will join this movement.

It must be related to RAW, soon the army will start Bikes instead of Tanks and RAW Indian army will easily conquer Bangladesh.

Hi guys, this isn't strictly about BD defence, but more people cycling in Dhaka is definitely a good thing. A couple of years ago, I made a thread asking if cycling could be the main form of transportation in Dhaka. I am happy to see more and more rich in \dhaka agree with me.

So updates:
1. BDCYCLISTS has grown to 35000 members now. Its founder had hoped to have 5% of car-users shift to bicycle by 2014 (that meant around 35000 people). In 2012, there were about 5000 members.
2. Govt is encouraging people to take up cycling for transport.

I am very happy to see this progress and hope that those of you living in Dhaka will join this movement.
It is a good way to stay healthy and economic commutation as well. I used to bike to my office and back 20 Kms one way. Never felt the need to hit the gym. Problem in India is safety, how is it in BD? Do you have separate lanes for bikers?

Back
Top Bottom