gpit

Reaction score
Crossovers to China worry Arunachal- Hindustan Times

Aurangzeb Naqshbandi, Hindustan Times
Email Author
New Delhi, November 13, 2008
First Published: 00:54 IST(13/11/2008)
Last Updated: 00:58 IST(13/11/2008)

As political heat between India and China over Arunachal Pradesh ratchets up, the state is also facing the challenging task of stopping border exodus as an increasing number of residents migrate to China and other neighbouring states in search of livelihoods.

Over the years, the Chinese have developed good infrastructure on their side while border areas in India are still backward. Feeling neglected, residents here are looking for “greener pastures” across the border.

While there are no definite figures of the number of people who have migrated to the Chinese side so far, state officials confirm stray incidents of “crossing sides” do take place.

“There may be stray instances of people from our side crossing over to China. But there is no large-scale migration,” said Ganesh Koyu, commissioner, Rural Works Department, Arunachal Pradesh.

He, however, admitted the lack of development and income-generating activities had resulted in large-scale migration from border areas to urban centres in states like Assam.

About infrastructure across the border, West Siang deputy commissioner Huzar Lollen said he had heard about it. “We haven’t seen it, only heard about it,” he said.

To address the migration issue, the government has initiated steps to expedite infrastructure development programmes in the border areas of Arunachal Pradesh. “The government has identified 513 habitations along the 1,080-km India-China border in Arunachal Pradesh for infrastructure development,” sources in the Union Rural Development Ministry said.

Under the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana scheme, they said, roads would be laid in all 22 border blocks of 10 districts bordering China at a cost of Rs 550 crore. The state has a total of 33 border blocks in 12 districts.

The fresh war of words between India and China erupted with External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee’s statement in Tawang on Sunday that Arunachal Pradesh was an integral part of India.

Interesting.

Sounds like people start to desert Indian democracy and embrace Chinese authoritarianism.

Wondering what the response from the Chinese side is.

Interesting.

Sounds like people start to desert Indian democracy and embrace Chinese authoritarianism.

People dont worry about system...pas Chinese are giving them security and honour.

Think nothing of this.

Borders have never stopped people . The Berlin wall couldn't so why would anything else less formidable do.

Its natural for ppl to move for work. Delhi & N India virtually runs on ppl from BD. If the biharis were not to move to the Punjab, harvesting would suffer.

When a person sees opportunity, democracy / authoritarianism does not matter. Moolah does....

In fact I saw a few people from AP (or Zang Nan) saying that they'd rather be Chinese than Indian because:

1) They feel they are actually more Tibetan/Chinese than Indian either based on racial or culture.

2) They feel neglected by Indian government.

I believe that that area is very much underdeveloped and I don’t expect much people can actually surf on web. It is rear but interesting to hear their own voices.

Interesting.

Well, India has deliberately neglected road development in that state till quite recently.

So, things should begin to improve now that the government is concentrating on improving the infrastructure in the state.

In any case, cross-border migration is not unusual, there are several hundred thousand Tibetan migrants living in India.

Nothing to do with "embracing Chinese authoritarianism". I doubt people think on such terms while migrating.

This article is not giving any hard evidence of what percentage of population are moving from the state.

Well, India has deliberately neglected road development in that state till quite recently.

So, things should begin to improve now that the government is concentrating on improving the infrastructure in the state.

In any case, cross-border migration is not unusual, there are several hundred thousand Tibetan migrants living in India.

Nothing to do with "embracing Chinese authoritarianism". I doubt people think on such terms while migrating.

Tibetans went to India for religion reasons. I wonder what will be for those Tibetans if current Dalai leaves the world. There could be several new Dalai Lamas. I personally believe the Tibetans should all let go wherever they’d like. Especially now even UK has change its long time stance on Tibet. U.K. Policy Angers Tibet Ahead of Beijing Talks - WSJ.com

Those people left AP are for secular reasons. For those people, India failed them but China gives them hope.

Tibetans went to India for religion reasons. I wonder what will be for those Tibetans if current Dalai leaves the world. There could be several new Dalai Lamas. I personally believe the Tibetans should all let go wherever they’d like. Especially now even UK has change its long time stance on Tibet. U.K. Policy Angers Tibet Ahead of Beijing Talks - WSJ.com

Those people left AP are for secular reasons. For those people, India failed them but China gives them hope.

Hope is subjective gpit. China 'failed' these Tibetans as well, which is why they felt compelled to migrate.

I can understand that you are inclined to sing China's praises, but one article indicating a few migrants from border villages is hardly cause for alarm.

There are millions of Chinese economic migrants (even Indians, for that matter), around the world. Did China fail them?

What secular reasons?. China doesn't believe in religion, so where this secular thing is coming from?.

What hope China has?. There is a massive lay off of thousands of workers in China now.

Hope is subjective gpit. China 'failed' these Tibetans as well, which is why they felt compelled to migrate.

I can understand that you are inclined to sing China's praises, but one article indicating a few migrants from border villages is hardly cause for alarm.

There are millions of Chinese economic migrants (even Indians, for that matter), around the world. Did China fail them?

China does fail some people (but I wouldn't say it fails Tibet. Rather, I would say to the contrary), but China also gives hopes to other people. (So does India, BTW).

Some people may think a place is bad, and they move out. But another group of people may think the same place is good, and they move in. What’s wrong with that?

For this particular reason, it should be clear. If they feel China fails them later, they will return to India.

Subjective lies in the fact that some of those people (maybe a minority) think they are Chinese under Indian rule. And, more importantly, they feel neglected and want to have a better life.

What secular reasons?. China doesn't believe in religion, so where this secular thing is coming from?.

Would you mind holding-off your ignorance for a while?

Where are Daoism (or Taoism), confucianism originated and surviving?

What hope China has?. There is a massive lay off of thousands of workers in China now.

Please excuse me: I recommend this as the most retarded mot du jour.

Soon we may find biharis and bangladeshis also cross over to china. They just have to think they are chinese. They might even hate democracy.

look like indian demoncracy is not caring to these chinese citizens. came across this forum and they wanna china:))

ww arunachaldiary dotcom

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom