What's new

Countering Terrorism: Kayani ready to raise Rapid Deployment Force

smstahir

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Kayani assured the federal government on Thursday of all possible support in countering terrorism, and revealed that work on raising a Rapid Deployment Force (RDF) for immediate response to terrorist activities in the country has begun, reported Express News.
The general was in a meeting on Thursday with Chief Minister Punjab Shahbaz Sharif and Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar in Lahore.
Kayani revealed that deployment for the force will occur in two stages:
In the first phase, around 250-300 soldiers will be recruited into the force while in the second phase, the army will recruit civilians and train them for the force.
Chaudhry Nisar had mentioned the plan for a RDF last month as part of the government’s national counter-terrorism and extremism policy.

Countering Terrorism: Kayani ready to raise Rapid Deployment Force – The Express Tribune

@Hyperion

You didn't read well enough, we are getting our own mercenery force. Long overdue!

I hope they buy my idea of a TEIR-1 SOF. I have communicated it with some officer friends in the Army, they seem to agree wholeheartidly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yara, I thought the same initially....... not so sure though..........

depends what are we going to do with this force, initially we will need hard hitting force hence picking up some from SSG, SOW para would be wise choice, we need to pick some from Rangers ATS too, hand picked from Police ATS.
Why I say this? because these guys will be fighting against militants in the urban build up areas, A ranger who has spent some time fighting thugs in karachi, a F.C solider who has some experience from the deserts of Balochistan and finally some cold hearted minds from Police - all of them will have a different appraoch as compared to SSG, as know better what SSG is based on

As long as they needs Provincial government permission before getting involved in equation they are as good as dead dog……
they too should be provided with fast transport hellos and some freedom in certain cases like acting in certain areas and having rights to deploy a chekpost on roads for certain time etc.:coffee:

what will CTF will do? i mean what will be special in them that other agencies and forces can't do?

though it is good idea if military is going to control the activities of CTF.

I think the idea is brilliant. If we can get new recruits, that will be great. But in the meantime, light commando battalion must be used to man the force, and Zarrar Co. can provide some high tech support in the form of equipment and also some troops. That will make it a deadly force. Initial deployment should be Fed. and Provincial Capitals.

A Rapid Deployment Force consisting of just 250-300 men? :woot: When I read the title of this thread I thought the RDF would be at least a brigade strength with three battalions operating in different geographies across Pakistan. WTF would be the effectiveness of just 250 guys? :undecided:

A Rapid Deployment Force consisting of just 250-300 men? :woot: When I read the title of this thread I thought the RDF would be at least a brigade strength with three battalions operating in different geographies across Pakistan. WTF would be the effectiveness of just 250 guys? :undecided:
Mate, if I were you , i would sit myself out on this, but here you asked a question.
Well my dear if you are comparing this force to what @Aeronaut said in his Tier 1 SOF thread, than you are wrong,
RDF is more like a Federal level being formed along the lines of FBI - HRT, Media is calling them as US Seal Team because of their training and role, but they are overlooking the structure and resources.
This force will have more like Defensive role rather offensive, ......
Its not the number that matters, what matters is how well they are trained,
DO I need to tell you the pass out rate for any SOF in the world??

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a better response to the terrorists along with peace talks

should have done that in 2009 or even before that, one hundred thousand strong force, with good air support & transportation?With army style barracks. & acommodation, plus thier own hospitals , labs & etc?
today, PA wouldbe sitting out side , war zone, & doing ezy sharp shotings?
but hey, no one was ready to pay that? i means zardari, gillani, raja rental?
who s fault was that? even on PDF our great phillosphers were , allways wanted a small, force ?
which cant achive anything, just be a bunch of show pices, against massive terrorism?

Back
Top Bottom