What's new

Condition to become a "Bharati"

Why not post all the conditions

A person of India origin who is ordinary resident in any country or place outside undivided India is eligible for grant of Indian citizenship by registration under section 5(1) (b) of the Citizenship Act, 1955. Registration under section 5(1) (b) of the Citizenship Act, 1955 is regulated under the provisions of the Citizens (Registration at Indian Consulate) Rules, 1956.

As per the prescribed procedure for grant of Indian citizenship to the persons living abroad, the Consular Officer must make such preliminary enquiry as considered necessary before registering a person. He should satisfy himself on the following:-

(i) The applicant is a person of Indian origin i.e. He, or either of his parents was born in undivided India.

(ii) The applicant has real ties and interest in India i.e. by way of dependents, relatives, property etc. and has the intention of finally settling down in India.

(iii) The applicant has not acquired the citizenship of any other country by his own volition.

(iv) The applicant has not exhibited sympathies toward Pakistan at any time.

(v) His allegiance to Indian is beyond doubt and there is nothing otherwise known which would make it undesirable to confer Indian citizenship to him.

Usually, the persons living abroad are not able to submit supporting documents along with the application for grant of Indian citizenship. The Ministry of Home Affairs has received 15 application under section 5 (1) (b) of the Citizenship Act, 1955 during the period 2009 to 2011. No such foreigner has been granted Indian citizenship under section 5 (1) (b).

The central data about number of persons residing abroad on long permit is not maintained. This was stated by Shri Mullappally Ramachandran Minister of State for Home Affairs in written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha.

we never show sympathy towards pakistan....so we qualify to be an indian:P

I wonder how Indian govt checks that the applicant has sympathy towards Pakistan or not. :azn:

Elementary :angel:

Sympathy meter

sympathy_meter.jpg

i strongly believe that there is some thing wrong with that page.

Lol heres another good one:

His allegiance to Indian is beyond doubt and there is nothing otherwise known which would make it undesirable to confer Indian citizenship to him.

How can you even measure such a thing? :rolleyes:

oyye... tum to siddhe ak47 leke daakhil ho jaate ho humhare sehar mein hence there is the suspicion

i think these are the real conditions for becoming a "bharati"

Citizenship by registration
The Central Government may, on an application, register as a citizen of India under section 5 of the Citizenship Act 1955 any person (not being an illegal migrant) if he belongs to any of the following categories:

a person of Indian origin who is ordinarily resident in India for seven years before making application under section 5(1)(a) (throughout the period of twelve months immediately before making application and for six years in the aggregate in the eight years preceding the twelve months).

a person of Indian origin who is ordinarily resident in any country or place outside undivided India;

a person who is married to a citizen of India and is ordinarily resident in India for seven years before making an application for registration;

minor children of persons who are citizens of India;

a person of full age and capacity whose parents are registered as citizens of India.

a person of full age and capacity who, or either of his parents, was earlier citizen of independent India, and has been residing in India for one year immediately before making an application for registration;

a person of full age and capacity who has been registered as an overseas citizen of India for five years, and who has been residing in India for one year before making an application for registration.

Back
Top Bottom