What's new

Coal is a fossil fuel

duffyeric

New Recruit

Reaction score
Coal is a fossil fuel composed primarily of carbons and hydrocarbons. Its ingredients help make plastics, tar and fertilizers. A coal derivative, a solidified carbon called coke, melts iron ore and reduces it to create steel. But most coal -- 92 percent of the U.S. supply -- goes into power production [Source: Energy Information Administration]. Electric companies and businesses with power plants burn coal to make the steam that turns turbines and generates electricity.

When coal burns, it releases carbon dioxide and other emissions in flue gas, the billowing clouds you see pouring out of smoke stacks. Some clean coal technologies purify the coal before it burns. One type of coal preparation, coal washing, removes unwanted minerals by mixing crushed coal with a liquid and allowing the impurities to separate and settle
Here is an information that might be useful: lincenergy.us

Many people sit in their homes using electricity, fuel oil, or natural gas to keep them warm and make their lives more comfortable while they get on the internet powered by electricity and watch there television that is powered by electricity and can see at night because they have electric lights then they turn around and complain that these huge corporations are causing global warming. Don't you all see the irony of this. Why do you people that believe in global warming complain and place the blame on corporations, when you do not do anything to cut down your own so called carbon foot print. You blame former president George W Bush for all the problems but you have not taken the steps he has to reduce his carbon foot print. Get on the internet and check out his home in Crawford Texas. You will find he has taken the neccessary steps to reduce his, what have you done? Compare it with the sore loser Al Gore's homes then you will see.

I think Obama has the capacity to do that and bring coal back into future.

You've created multiple IDs and are praising yourself?

Its a stupid thing to do especially when you're on a good mission. Don't you know we can completely trace who is who and where they are?

Coal is a fossil fuel composed primarily of carbons and hydrocarbons. Its ingredients help make plastics, tar and fertilizers. A coal derivative, a solidified carbon called coke, melts iron ore and reduces it to create steel. But most coal -- 92 percent of the U.S. supply -- goes into power production [Source: Energy Information Administration]. Electric companies and businesses with power plants burn coal to make the steam that turns turbines and generates electricity.

When coal burns, it releases carbon dioxide and other emissions in flue gas, the billowing clouds you see pouring out of smoke stacks. Some clean coal technologies purify the coal before it burns. One type of coal preparation, coal washing, removes unwanted minerals by mixing crushed coal with a liquid and allowing the impurities to separate and settle
Here is an information that might be useful: lincenergy.us

Awesome! Information you have given.

Hi Asim,

I am not promoting my site and I don't who is that person.
I just work for that.

Back
Top Bottom