What's new

CNG Prices to Drop as much as Rs.30 per Kg

F.O.X

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Just got the news that Govt has dropped CNG prices by Rs.30 per Kg , CNG will be sold at the rate of Rs 61.64 in Region-1 and Rs 54.16 in Region-2.

ISLAMABAD: Following the Supreme Court’s verdict in the CNG pricing formula case, the government has slashed Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) prices big time with immediate effect, Geo News reported.

For Region I (Potohar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, and Balochistan) the CNG price has dropped by Rs30.90 to Rs61.64 per kilogramme.

Whereas for Region II ( Sindh, Punjab,and its areas excluding Potohar) the new price of CNG now stands at Rs54.16 with a decrease of Rs30.38 per kilogramme.

Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA)has issued a notification which states the new prices will take effect today (Thursday, October 25).

Earlier on Thursday the Supreme Court resumed hearing the case regarding petroleum and CNG prices and issued the interim order, declaring the current CNG pricing formula was against the law and ordered to implement the July 1, 2012 prices.
OGRA drastically slashes CNG prices - thenews.com.pk

So the SC order has taken effect.

Anybody can tell what will be the repercussions? The govt. wouldn't be raising the prices just for the sake of it, there would have been a reason. So, with a lowering in price, there would be additional burden on the govt. perhaps to equate the balance?

CNG mafias will have some say in it, and expect a bit of hartal-bazi to come.

now hope that transport mafia decreases fare rates atleast by 10 rupees.

supreme court has become extremely good thanks to justice iftikhar good work but how can such a major decrease of 30 happen even if it is the supreme courts verdict does it mean that the increase was just rubbish and was for only profits thats the only explaination that such a decrease can be done by ogra

I know cj is doing good, some years ago I went to pakistan and petrol prices were 90+ and sc gave order to make it 50 rupees litre !

Thank God. May people will get some relief in inflation too.

it shd be 10 to 30 cz we dont get it from any other country we have it and have alots of it we shd use it for the progress of people not for the progress of poltcns pocket money

Cng should be phased out , give It to our industries which are begging for gas !

Why do I get the feeling always that it's the judiciary who is governing the country? I mean every God damn good news emerges from apex court!

A Decision on Merit, Justice done , Long live Chief Justice.:enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom