Chinese pupils hooked up to IV drips to keep them going while studying for

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallstuff

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
High marks all round: Chinese pupils hooked up to IV drips to keep them going while studying for exams
A class of high school children in China have been pictured all hooked up to IV drips in an apparent attempt by education bosses to keep their energy levels up.
Teenagers at the high school in Xiaogan, in Hubei province, were pictured with their arms attached to transparent bags administering intravenous fluids as they sit at their desks.
Reports in China suggested the students were preparing for the gao kao (National College Entrance Exam) when the pictures were taken.

article-2140719-1300171F000005DC-951_634x397.jpg

article-2140719-13001703000005DC-435_634x378.jpg

To save students having to go back and forth from the school's infirmary, where the IV drips are administered in the classroom, school students have apparently been allowed to have the drips at their sides as they work.
The National College Entrance Examination in China is a series of exams taken by students in their final high school year, allowing them to enroll at higher education establishments.
The tests take place in June and are often a make-or-break exam as to whether students get into their chosen college, or even get into college at all.

Read more: Education bosses hook up Chinese high school students to IV drips to give them energy boosts and help them graduate | Mail Online

a very bad and dangerous move . hope Chinese government intervene and stop it as soon as possible before a sad incident happens.

lol...what can we say....lol....its upto them.......as long as the IV fluif is replaced with alcohol after the exams..(party)lol

I don't approve of this at all. Too much pressure on the students. However, this shows that they have motivation. Gaokao is a big deal. It's a once per year exam, and though you can repeat it as many times as you want, usually people give up after 2-3 tries. It is a vital part of college admissions and if your score is too low, you may not be able to go to any college.

I don't approve of this at all. Too much pressure on the students. However, this shows that they have motivation. Gaokao is a big deal. It's a once per year exam, and though you can repeat it as many times as you want, usually people give up after 2-3 tries. It is a vital part of college admissions and if your score is too low, you may not be able to go to any college.

this is ridiculous... this shows poorly on the school's principles and the value system.. i can underatand some mad individual student doing it.. but a school allowing is like mother giving drugs to its kids... lol... what great schools...

Chinese are out of their minds ....... lolllllllll pic is awesome :lol::rofl:

I bet china will be the first country to legalise heroin or dope ....so that their ppl can relax :partay::alcoholic::drag:

All hail the high IQ chinese lollllllll

I was of the view IIT aspirants were the craziest bunch till i came across this :rofl:

this is ridiculous... this shows poorly on the school's principles and the value system.. i can underatand some mad individual student doing it.. but a school allowing is like mother giving drugs to its kids... lol... what great schools...

it is ridiculous. this story is actually very near my hometown. Xiaogan is less than 100 km away from me and in the same province. The problem is that exam difficulty varies with province due to every province having uneven educational resources, so the exams are needed to change in difficulty such that everyone has an equal chance. Turns out that because Hubei has the highest concentration of top tier schools outside Beijing and Shanghai, Hubei's exams are some of the most difficult in the country.

If the Kids and their parents have no problem with it, why would any one else :what:

Chinese are out of their minds ....... lolllllllll pic is awesome :lol::rofl:

I bet china will be the first country to legalise heroin or dope ....so that their ppl can relax :partay::alcoholic::drag:

All hail the high IQ chinese lollllllll

this is like taking vitamines what s wrong?????? :rofl:

Nothing wrong thats what i m saying ........ nothing wrong in injecting yourself with AA to keep energy level high And then when u want to relax taking a heroin shot or dope or meth whatevr u like ..... after all thats what they meant to right:tup:

ALso Side effect of IV infusion

Adverse effects

Infection

Any break in the skin carries a risk of infection. Although IV insertion is an aseptic procedure, skin-dwelling organisms such as Coagulase-negative staphylococcus or Candida albicans may enter through the insertion site around the catheter, or bacteria may be accidentally introduced inside the catheter from contaminated equipment. Moisture introduced to unprotected IV sites through washing or bathing substantially increases the infection risks.

Infection of IV sites is usually local, causing easily visible swelling, redness, and fever. If bacteria do not remain in one area but spread through the bloodstream, the infection is called septicemia and can be rapid and life-threatening. An infected central IV poses a higher risk of septicemia, as it can deliver bacteria directly into the central circulation.
Phlebitis

Phlebitis is inflammation of a vein that may be caused by infection, the mere presence of a foreign body (the IV catheter) or the fluids or medication being given. Symptoms are warmth, swelling, pain, and redness around the vein. The IV device must be removed and if necessary re-inserted into another extremity.

Due to frequent injections and recurring phlebitis, scar tissue can build up along the vein. The peripheral veins of intravenous drug addicts, and of cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy, become sclerotic and difficult to access over time, sometimes forming a hard “venous cord”.
Infiltration / Extravasation

Infiltration occurs when an IV fluid or medication accidentally enters the surrounding tissue rather than the vein. This occurs more frequently with chemotherapeutic agents and people who have tuberculosis[citation needed]. It is also known as extravasation (which refers to something escaping the vein).
This occurs when fluids are given at a higher rate or in a larger volume than the system can absorb or excrete. Possible consequences include hypertension, heart failure, and pulmonary edema.

Effects of hypothermia and the exacerbation of cold intravenous fluid
Hypothermia

The human body is at risk of accidentally induced hypothermia when large amounts of cold fluids are infused. Rapid temperature changes in the heart may precipitate ventricular fibrillation.

Electrolyte imbalance

Administering a too-dilute or too-concentrated solution can disrupt the patient's balance of sodium, potassium, magnesium, and other electrolytes. Hospital patients usually receive blood tests to monitor these levels.

Embolism

A blood clot or other solid mass, as well as an air bubble, can be delivered into the circulation through an IV and end up blocking a vessel; this is called embolism

Congestive Cardiac failure due to fluid overload.......

If the Kids and their parents have no problem with it, why would any one else :what:

well , because in medicine we only allowed to use TPN or PPN when the patient is not capable of or have a contraindication for receiving the nutrient from entral route and even for that we must have a treatment plan or purpose for doing that not just increasing the life of an end-stage patient .

this procedure is inherently risky and there is the risk for septicemia , Emboli and Fatty liver disease and hypersensitivity ,..
it's why I said the government must act as soon as possible and stop this madness.

I can not accept this at all!!!!!:angry::angry::angry:
sadly there is no law to stop this happen.

no wonder 3 idiots is v popular here
this sh|t is crazy, they are kids and students and should be treated as such not soldiers preparing for battle.

I am not a Psychologist but someone should conduct a study to see if such pressure can have long-term negative effects on the Psyche of the children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom