What's new

Chinese Editor Suspended for Article on North Korea

JayAtl

BANNED
Reaction score
BEIJING — A well-known editor of an influential Communist Party journal said Monday that he had been suspended after writing an article for a British newspaper saying that China should abandon its ally North Korea.

he editor, Deng Yuwen, told the South Korean paper Chosun Ilbo that the Foreign Ministry had called the Communist Party’s Central Party School in Beijing to complain about his article in the British paper, The Financial Times. It argued that China’s strategic alliance with North Korea was “outdated” and that the wayward ally was no longer useful as a buffer against United States influence.

Mr. Deng also wrote in the article, published on Feb. 27, that the government in Pyongyang could use nuclear weapons against China.

Because of Mr. Deng’s stature — he is deputy editor of Study Times, a weekly journal of the Central Party School, which trains rising officials — the article garnered attention in Washington and Europe. Some took it as a sign that perhaps the new Chinese government led by President Xi Jinping was fed up with North Korea after its third nuclear test in February and that it would modify its support.

Chosun Ilbo quoted Mr. Deng as saying in a telephone interview: “I was relieved of the position because of that article, and I’m suspended indefinitely. Although I’m still being paid by the company, I don’t know when I will be given another position.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/02/w...uestioned-north-korea-alliance.html?ref=world

INTERESTING: I wonder how many Chinese in China largely , feel that N Korea is becoming too much of a menace?

Actually China should abandon his alliance with North Korea. Chinese people don't have any relationship with North Korean people and North Korean hate Chinese the most (beyond Americans).

China should play hero by liberating North Korea and built a large military seaport base facing Sea of Japan.

The borg has spoken....:rofl:

INTERESTING: I wonder how many Chinese in China largely , feel that N Korea is becoming too much of a menace?

90% people feel Kim Jongun‘s dictatorship should be ended. No one feel menace.

then why the retribution on the journalist?

Maybe under the pressure of Kim Jongun. The article said

Some took it as a sign that perhaps the new Chinese government led by President Xi Jinping was fed up with North Korea after its third nuclear test in February and that it would modify its support.

Someone inside CPC should stand up and say something to oppose Kim Jongun’s dictatorship indirectly. Editor's suspension is more symbolic and temporary. Without authorization of Xi Jinping, he would not say that, especially as editor of Central Party School. Not too long ago, Kim Jongun's ambassador visited Japan and Russia begging for foreign aid, this is another sign Xi is fed up with him.

Maybe under the pressure of Kim Jongun. The article said

Someone inside CPC should stand up and say something to oppose Kim Jongun’s dictatorship indirectly. Editor's suspension is more symbolic and temporary. Without authorization of Xi Jinping, he would not say that, especially as editor of Central Party School. Not too long ago, Kim Jongun's ambassador visited Japan and Russia begging for foreign aid, this is another sign Xi is fed up with him.

I'm confused. The CCP suspended a Chinese journalist on behest of Kim Jung?

I'm confused. The CCP suspended a Chinese journalist on behest of Kim Jung?

Not really, I think this is a kind of diplomatic technique. China and N.Korea has a special relation in last century, but now China's diplomacy is more mature, we never consider communism ideology as prerequisite to deal with foreign countries.

Notice that a suspension is different from a dismission. His article represents CPC's idea. His retribution is a symbolic explain for a so called "ally"

Back
Top Bottom