What's new

Chinese Air Force official: China's fourth-generation fighters refer to modified J-10

aimarraul

Reaction score
Chinese Air Force official: China's fourth-generation fighters refer to modified J-10 fighters
16:48, November 24, 2009

China's fourth-generation fighters reported by media recently refer to a series of modified J-10 fighters, a Chinese Air Force official said November 23, 2009.

As to the classification of fighter generations, the world's military powers are varied. The U.S. defines F-15, F-16 fighters with the characteristics of transonic speed in medium-low altitude as third generation fighters and F-22, F-35 fighters with good performance in stealth, super sonic cruise and super maneuverability as fourth generation fighters.

Russia defines MiG-29, Su-27/30 fighters as third generation fighters and defines Su-35, the modified third generation fighters as fourth generation. The new generation of fighters with good performance in stealth, super sonic cruise and super maneuverability are defined as fifth generation.

The official said that China's fighters were independently created on the basis of introduction and imitation of Russian-made equipment and the fourth-generation fighters referred to the modified J-10 fighters.

By People's Daily Online

Does that mean Chinese 4th Gen fighters will be something like Sukhoi 30 MKI for India ........

Just a question....

The official said that China's fighters were independently created on the basis of introduction and imitation of Russian-made equipment :D

The official said that China's fighters were independently created on the basis of introduction and imitation of Russian-made equipment :D
any problem?my indian friend.USSR even gave china all the design papers for free,we copied T-54 ,now we make ztz-99.we copied MIG-19,now we make J-10.we copied An-12,now we sell KJ-200

any problem?my indian friend.USSR even gave china all the design papers for free,we copied T-54 ,now we make ztz-99.we copied MIG-19,now we make J-10.we copied An-12,now we sell KJ-200

And our Indian friends still working hard, trying to figure out how to

make a decent assualt rifle :cheers::china::china:

beyond the J-10 and J-11 the Chinese are not working on any 4th gen fighters...right?
and their 5th gen fighter is the Jxx...so Jxx has most of the resources involved...
it would be a paradigm shift for the chinese aviation industry...

So SAD for our Neighbours
That means only Americans and NATO forces will be having stealth fighters...

Chinese Air Force official: China's fourth-generation fighters refer to modified J-10 fighters

====================================
HEHE,then,i want to know it's what in the hangar of 132 factory.

What a stupid news !

i said again:in2012 ,J-10A will stop production.

4-gen just is 4-gen ,modified J-10 fighters is 3-gen.

16:48, November 24, 2009

China's fourth-generation fighters reported by media recently refer to a series of modified J-10 fighters, a Chinese Air Force official said November 23, 2009.

As to the classification of fighter generations, the world's military powers are varied. The U.S. defines F-15, F-16 fighters with the characteristics of transonic speed in medium-low altitude as third generation fighters and F-22, F-35 fighters with good performance in stealth, super sonic cruise and super maneuverability as fourth generation fighters.

Russia defines MiG-29, Su-27/30 fighters as third generation fighters and defines Su-35, the modified third generation fighters as fourth generation. The new generation of fighters with good performance in stealth, super sonic cruise and super maneuverability are defined as fifth generation.

The official said that China's fighters were independently created on the basis of introduction and imitation of Russian-made equipment and the fourth-generation fighters referred to the modified J-10 fighters.

By People's Daily Online

dont over interprete the statement guys. only the first 2 sentence are informative, yet it is so vague. obviously, J10 is classified as 3rd gen plane by PLAAF, but the modified J-10 is categorized as 4th gen plane. so it raise a question: what is the standard of china's 4th gen plane?

Here I come to explain this......
As many Chinese believe that, the international standard divided fighters into "4 gens", and Russians are using the "5 gens" standard.
Well, which is false......Everybody uses the 5 gen standard;except, as far as I know, only Chinese.

So our 4th gen is refering to the 5th gen fighter, or at least equivalent.

Actually I was googling around to see if such claim caused any misunderstanding , and it did......

Or I should say in this case, it's not actually a misunderstanding, but Chinese official deliberately did this to fix an earlier claim.

I believe it's in late Sept , PLAAF Deputy Commander He Weirong claimed that China was developing 4th gen fighter in Chinese standard(which means that it's an F-22 or F-35 equivalent), and also claimed that it's going to be in service in "at least" 8-10 years(which means that it could be another 10years). It's all bull as you can tell. However people take it as that the jet's going to be in service soon, and such piece of information spreads out fast. Then the official got to publish something to fix this. That's why they switched to the so-called "Russian standard" for this time. Before that, they hardly ever used the "Russian starnard".

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom