cirr

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Last updated on: December 13, 2012 15:24 IST

K Rajani Kanth in Hyderabad

13uc.jpg

Having created a strong foothold on its home turf, UCWeb Inc, a China-based developer of mobile internet browsers, has now set its sights on the Indian market.

The eight-year-old company, which has over 400 million end users globally, including 300 million in China alone, had opened its India office at Gurgaon in November 2011 -- its first overseas facility outside of China.

"Considering the 137 million mobile Internet user base in India, and still counting, we are seeing a significant opportunity for our flagship product 'UCBrowser' here, after the US and China," said Kenny Ye, managing director of UCweb.

Speaking to Business Standard on the sidelines of Internet and Mobile Association of lndia's 'AppFest 2012' here on Thursday, Ye said the company currently had 40 million users in India, which they expected to touch the 100-million mark by 2015.

The UCBrowser app, which was first launched in China in 2004 and in the rest of the world in 2009, is currently available in 12 international languages, including in Hindi.

"Given the increasing adoption levels for the Hindi version, which was launched in September this year, we are now in the preparatory stage of introducing the mobile browser app in Urdu, which should be rolled out sometime next year. We are looking at partnering local developers to explore more regional languages in the near future," Ye said.

China's UCWeb eyes 100 million users in India - Rediff.com Business

now i'm using UCWeb 9.0 for android.......
can any Indian tell me what is the most popular mobile browser in your country?

UC was undoubtedly the best for Symbian
But Its Android version sucks

haha,seems there are many users.i thought it is only popular in China.

well now people switching from uc to new opera. And opera mini is best for even symbian... Light and weight and save you data also in good quantity. Better than uc.

We also in Pakistan used UC on symbian and JAVA but not anymore, Opera and other browsers on android as chrome and firefox are more popular.

for example last month i used 1.2gb while using opera mini but original size was 8.6gb. That mean hell lots of data saved.

I ditched opera when I found UCweb a year ago. I use both android and WP version. wonderful browset.
Wechat is also my new favorite. I even make calls through it.

opera comes with two type of version. 1st "opera mini". Light and damn fast. Best for cell having low processer damn good for symbian... 2nd one is "opera" damn fast and lighter than "uc" and best for android.. both the version savez lots of data

Back
Top Bottom