What's new

China's hi-speed railway - Symbol of toil and efficiency of the Chinese people

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ You sure it not mouse, cats?

Btw how do they prevent little animals from being hit? Or do they take this into account designing the front of the train?

Btw how do they prevent little animals from being hit? Or do they take this into account designing the front of the train?

It's definitely birds. These high-speed rails are up on 10m high pylons and really what can you do about the poor birds? There are no nose design that can make a strike at 290km survivable and there's no way to make sure birds won't fly near the tracks.

It looks like birds to me as well. I was wondering for places like these near the station ground (though I suppose train would have reduced speed by then):

obamahighspeedrailplans.jpg

SCMP
Alstom Transport chief does a U-turn on Chinese trains
LAI SEE
Howard Winn
Sep 22, 2010

Philippe Mellier, president of Alstom Transport, seems to have had a rethink about China. In March last year he told the Financial Times that China was exporting trains using foreign technology supplied on condition that it wasn't used outside the country.
"The [Chinese] market is gradually shutting down to let the Chinese companies prosper," he mused. "We don't think it's a good idea for other countries to open their markets to such a technology because there's no reciprocity any more."

So it was with some surprise that we read recently the French energy giant announced it had signed memorandum of understanding with two Chinese firms - CNR Corporation and Shanghai Electric Group (SEHK: 2727) - to form a strategic partnership to tap new markets for mass transit products.

"China represents one of the most important markets for Alstom Transport. We are committed to succeed in this competitive market by relying on our manufacturing footprint in the country and building the right partnerships," he said.

Incroyable.
:china:

Mostly birds.

According to the shape of these bloodstains, I think most of them are sparrows and the like. Maybe some birds should react faster to adapt to the increased speed of our train. We can build separation nets in some sections, yet we can't build them all the way along these railways. :cry:

Ok I have a doubt

From what I know, hi-speed trains are powered by a 'third rail' which runs parallel to the tracks.

So, what if someone steps on that rail, will he get electrocuted ? :confused:, or is there some kind of insulation ?

It looks like birds to me as well. I was wondering for places like these near the station ground (though I suppose train would have reduced speed by then):

Ok I have a doubt

From what I know, hi-speed trains are powered by a 'third rail' which runs parallel to the tracks.

So, what if someone steps on that rail, will he get electrocuted ? :confused:, or is there some kind of insulation ?

HSR in China are not powered by a third rail. See the above picture. I am not sure whether HSR can be powered by a third rail at all, I heard it was just for lower speed trains. People can be electrocuted yes, if they step on the third rail and a ordinary rail at the same time, so I've heard.

Ok I have a doubt

Why would anyone want to walk on the rails though?

中国万岁-ProsperThroughCo-op;1151390 said:
HSR in China are not powered by a third rail. See the above picture. I am not sure whether HSR can be powered by a third rail at all.

Hmm so how is it powered? Surely the tracks are not electrified.

Wait is that what I think it is? :woot:

It's powered by an overhead line?

Hmm so how is it powered? Surely the tracks are not electrified.

Wait is that what I think it is? :woot:

It's powered by an overhead line?

If there is no third-rail then yes, that must be the only explanation.

You'll get the answer once you travel by indian railways :azn:

Does it compare to this? lol

Actually third rail electrification are more commonly used for subway systems due to lack of overhead room. Also it seems that the third rail has more power loss over distance which makes it impractical for HSR which travels long distance hence overhead rail is more suitable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom