What's new

China warns U.S. against attack on Syria

JayAtl

BANNED
Reaction score
BEIJING -- In what has become a predictable refrain from Beijing, the Chinese government Thursday warned the United States against conducting airstrikes against Syria.
All of the major Chinese news organizations railed against military action, saying Syria could turn into another Iraq. The Chinese also said they were not convinced that Syrian President Bashar Assad’s government used chemical weapons against its own people, as asserted by the White House.

In a statement posted on the Chinese Foreign Ministry’s website, Foreign Minister Wang Yi implied that Beijing would exercise its veto power on a U.N. Security Council resolution authorizing the use of force. The point is somewhat moot because Russia already has said it would block such a resolution.
"External military intervention is contrary to the U.N. charter aims and the basic norms governing international relations and could exacerbate instability in the Middle East," Wang said.

"Turning Syria into another Libya or even Iraq is the last thing most people around the world want to see," opined the English-language China Daily in a strongly worded editorial on Thursday. "Before the crisis takes a turn for from bad to worse, it is high time the U.S. learned from its past mistakes."

Chinese scholars pointed to the errors of U.S. intelligence in 2003 claiming that former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein’s regime possessed weapons of mass destruction.
"Who used the chemical weapons in Syria isn’t clear,"’ said Li Wei, director of the Beijing-based Institute of Security and Arms Control Studies at a briefing for journalists Thursday.

China is Syria’s largest trade partner, with exports from China totaling $2.4 billion in 2011. But analysts said economic relations with Syria, which has modest oil reserves, were not a primary factor in Beiking's opposition to military action.

Yin Gang, a widely quoted Middle East expert at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, said airstrikes against Assad’s regime would strengthen the hand of Al Qaeda and other Islamic militants.
"A democratic Christian country should not be interfering in an Islamic civil war. It would be a big mistake," Yin said.

China warns U.S. against attack on Syria - latimes.com

China getting worried that just like in Libya, their OIL supply will be hit. But as we all know China has zero power to do anything other than keep blocking the steps in the UN to end the gassing of these below and that will still NOT work:

article-2398691-1B63E043000005DC-779_634x385.jpg

article-2398691-1B63DEE6000005DC-246_634x419.jpg

article-2398691-1B63E250000005DC-165_634x420.jpg

article-2398691-1B6450B4000005DC-43_634x451.jpg

I agree with what China says on this, especially this part....

airstrikes against Assad’s regime would strengthen the hand of Al Qaeda and other Islamic militants.

Let's just hope Russia and China are more assertive on it.

And, then there's a small matter of evidence and the sovereignty of a nation that's at stake.

I agree with what China says on this, especially this part....

Let's just hope Russia and China are more assertive on it.

And, then there's a small matter of evidence and the sovereignty of a nation that's at stake.

And what about our motherland? When will our spineless leaders stand up and demand the neutral truth ? Or will we remain the lapdogs of "we will follow whatever the UNO majority says". ?

And what about our motherland? When will our spineless leaders stand up and demand the neutral truth ? Or will we remain the lapdogs of "we will follow whatever the UNO majority says". ?

Will it even matter?

^^
^^^^^
My houses, my laptop, my smart phone, my tablet can afford to post craps. So yeah, I can afford what I have been doing. Thank you.very much.

You see what I am sitting? You are not sitting. You are squatting. That's the difference.

Yeah it will. It will give us much more credibility than we have now in the global village

Just making noises doesn't really matter - what we require is a defined foreign policy and the gumption to stand by it - but our global policy is all over the place with the primary goal being - being neutral and friends with all, so it wouldn't make any difference as such what we say on something that's supposed to be a planned long term war against Islam and an attempt at neutralizing Russian influence in ME. We have friends on both sides.

China getting worried that just like in Libya, their OIL supply will be hit. But as we all know China has zero power to do anything other than keep blocking the steps in the UN to end the gassing of these below and that will still NOT work:

I feel you don't know what zero power means. On the one hand we are blocking UN to attack syria, but on the other hand, we have zero power.

No, people outside the Security council have zero power. And I'm not sure you know what not work means, but so far no attacks.

Anyways, I don't suggest an attack. Syrian people have to work this out themselves. It's terrible, but it is what it is. Syria is broken right now, taping it back up isn't going to be good in the long run. Something new should emerge or else this be for nothing.

Also US cannot win in middle east, much like Napoleon's war against spain, he can't image someone else loving their country as he does his own.

Same deal here, the Arab people may not be able to win, but they won't give up. To the last man.

sane evidence you had for 26/11 was done by pakistan

Hello. All the perpetrators and the organisers of 26/11 were Pakistani extremists. Intelligence info from India points the origin of the attack as being Pakistan. When did your "intelligence" provide any credible evidence that the massacre of those civilians was the work of the Syrian government ? All that they claimed was that it was the work of a Syrian leadership. Man, the international community got hoodwinked when it came to Iraq. The USA held our sympathy then because of 9/11. I suggest that you guys accept the message the world is passing on when it comes to Syria. Back off. Leave them alone

Back
Top Bottom