What's new

China wants to join Navy initiative on Indian Ocean, MEA says no need

Hey , Got another doubt ! Often I hear pirates attacking ships and Indians kidnapped most of the times, Is it the same case with Chinese people?

Are you not a patriotic Indian? Didn't you read that Indians are talking about blocking Chinese passage of Malacca Strait recently?

no i have not come across any such piece of news...do enlighten me
dont give some $hit written in blogs...no merchant chinese ship has been blocked by india....Malacca strait has no indian warships too(adman isnot in the strits of Malacca)...it's proximity to taiwan(Us controlled) is what worried your leadership...
whatever be the reason...having chinese battleships in our backyard...would be the last thing we'd want...understandably.
your acquirement of the coco islands from mayanmar...should serve your purpose...

Wake up! Indian ocean is not your backyard! You have 12mile sovereign water and 200miles economic zone. This has nothing to do with Japan or Taiwan, has it?

is it your backyard then?

Indians should get more muscles instead of fat if you consider Indian ocean your backyard. You guys are too good at lip services. For China safety of our sea transportation is most important. If we can get foot on a few military bases on Indian ocean it'd be wonderful. I really enjoy watching the scenes when some stereotypes to be pissed of.

Get used to a rising power! So long.

Indians should get more muscles instead of fat if you consider Indian ocean your backyard. You guys are too good at lip services. For China safety of our sea transportation is most important. If we can get foot on a few military bases on Indian ocean it'd be wonderful. I really enjoy watching the scenes when some stereotypes to be pissed of.

man o man whats the whole point of your argument ...stop going off topic and DONT FEED TROLLS the point is china is not getting the membership or even the observer status coz its not related to indian ocean in any way...and thats the end of it .....how much ever you scream out your lungs here is not going to make a differnce.....

yes china is a growing country and its growing fast indeed .....there is no pint of caling china or india the future world power because they alone cant become that itll be a group of countries..not just one

:cheers:

hmmm...
http://www.eai.nus.edu.sg/BB329.pdf
this is an interesting article...
it addresses the importance of chinese presence in the malacca straits...
but it highlights the importance of china having good diplomatic relations with india before asking for a piece of the indian ocean pie...

i quote from the article...
"China’s new India initiatives can be seen from the following joint efforts.
(i) Institutionalize regular exchange of high level visits;
(ii) Observe the current line of control as the starting point
negotiations;24
(iii) Create Confidence Building Measures (CBM) with India’s military
an unprecedented framework of security cooperation is in the making;
(iv) Deepen economic ties as a new anchorage for the bilateral political
relations;
(v) Arrive at a number of cooperative deals in the energy sector, and
(vi) De-link its Pakistan policy from its Indian policy."

that i believe is the right approach....you cant bully your way in...

Wake up! Indian ocean is not your backyard! You have 12mile sovereign water and 200miles economic zone. This has nothing to do with Japan or Taiwan, has it?

I know chinese government filter internet contents, seems like they even filtered the world map.:rofl:. for the record, Indian ocean IS the back yard of India, and people call it "Indian Ocean" for a reason.period.

xebec

Come on now, you can do better than lame BS like that

I know chinese government filter internet contents, seems like they even filtered the world map.:rofl:. for the record, Indian ocean IS the back yard of India, and people call it "Indian Ocean" for a reason.period.

By the same token, the South China Sea and East China Sea is China's backyard? The people must call it that for a reason.

Indian Ocean doesn't belong to India.

Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh all are near the Indian Ocean and all these countries have great relations with China.

China is helping all these three countries and we will show our gratitide in return to China.

Indian ocean IS the back yard of India, and people call it "Indian Ocean" for a reason.period.

Achcha!!:D

Thank God, you have not claimed it as your private swimming pool located in the backyard of your house. Yaar, main nahane ke liye aaraha hoon, ek tube taiyaar raakhna... :D

By the same token, the South China Sea and East China Sea is China's backyard? The people must call it that for a reason.

YES IT IS. It is China's backyard and your government know it otherwise i dont see any reason why Chinese navy messed with USS Impeccable while they were in South China Sea( so called international waters according to US).

YES IT IS. It is China's backyard and your government know it otherwise i dont see any reason why Chinese navy messed with USS Impeccable while they were in South China Sea( so called international waters according to US).

And do China's neighbors accept it as such? No.

Same reason the Indian Ocean does not belong to India alone.

And do China's neighbors accept it as such? No.

Same reason the Indian Ocean does not belong to India alone.

Well thatz ur problem buddy.If your neighbour dont accept it, thatz ur lack of naval power. Do you think China is building its naval capacity for fun? i dont think so.:disagree:.
Now, That is not the case in Indian Ocean.Other than India none of the south asian country is not powerfull enough to show dominance in Indian Ocean. Afterall India is in on an expressway to a designation of Blue water navy. yes there are many nations that share Indian ocean and they hold a share. still, when it comes to maritime dominance India's power is indisputeable.

Well thatz ur problem buddy.If your neighbour dont accept it, thatz ur lack of naval power. Do you think China is building its naval capacity for fun? i dont think so.:disagree:.
Now, That is not the case in Indian Ocean.Other than India none of the south asian country is not powerfull enough to show dominance in Indian Ocean. Afterall India is in on an expressway to a designation of Blue water navy. yes there are many nations that share Indian ocean and they hold a share. still, when it comes to maritime dominance India's power is indisputeable.

You're right, that is China's problem.

But China will still have a deep sea presence in the Indian Ocean whether India likes it or not. Gwadar is an excellent example.

Back
Top Bottom