What's new

China to help develop I-15, transport system in Capital

Dance

Reaction score
ISLAMABAD - Several public sector companies of China have assured their support and cooperation to the Capital Development Authority (CDA) for the development of stalled sectors including Sector I-15, launching of public transport system and metro subway train system in the federal capital.This was decided in the meeting of Chairman Prime Minister’s Task Force on CDA, Faisal Sakhi Butt and Chairman CDA, Engineer Farkhand Iqbal with the representatives of public sector companies of China on Friday. A high-powered delegation consisting of Chinese officials and representatives of the companies including renowned government own corporation of China, ERFG Co Limited would be visiting Pakistan soon to sign the formal agreements to this effect.Chairman CDA, Engineer Farkhand Iqbal apprised that CDA is seeking assistance from public and private sectors of China for expeditious development in Islamabad including the development work in the stalled sectors. He said that ERFG China has shown keen interest for the development of Sector I-15 and has committed an assistance of $500 million for the development activities in Islamabad. He said that CDA has already specified around 21 acres of land in Sector I-11 for establishment of bus stand, which would be put under the preview of an independent transport company to be used for commercial activities and subsequently, to feed the generated revenue for running the public transport facility. He said that Chinese companies have shown keen interest in provision of public transport facility, rapid mass transit and metro subway train system. He said that Chinese assistance would help execute these public welfare projects expeditiously. Chairman Prime Minister’s Task Force on CDA, Faisal Sakhi Butt said that Islamabad is confronting some serious issues on public facilitation front even after more than five (5) decades of its establishment and the present government is focusing to resolve these real issues and execute public welfare oriented projects.He said that provision of decent public transport facility, development of the stalled sectors, ensuring the availability of clean drinking water and a proper solid waste management system are the issues being taken up by the task force at the top of its agenda on the directions of the Prime Minister of Pakistan. The international cooperation is also being sought top of which are the sister cities of Islamabad. He said that China is the time tested friend of Pakistan and has supported us through thick and thin. The commitment from Chinese side to develop the infrastructure projects and civic facilities in Islamabad is the continuation of the bilateral ties of the both nation to benefit of both economies.

China to help develop I-15, transport system in Capital | The Nation

China to assist CDA in various public welfare projects

* Chinese companies to assist CDA in development of Sector I-15,
operating public transport, metro subway train system

ISLAMABAD: China will assist the Capital Development Authority (CDA) in the development of Sector I-15, launching of the public transport system and execution of a project for development of metro subway train system in the federal capital.

This was decided in a meeting held by Prime Minister’s Task Force on Islamabad Chairman Faisal Sakhi Butt and CDA Chairman Engineer Farkhand Iqbal with the representatives of various Chinese companies on Friday.

A high-level delegation consisting of the Chinese officials and representatives of the companies, including government-owned Corporation of China, ERFG Company Limited, will be visiting Pakistan soon to sign formal agreements to this effect.

Faisal Butt said that Islamabad was confronting issues on public facilitation front even after more than five decades of its establishment and the present government was focusing on resolving these issues and executing public welfare projects.

He said that provision of decent public transport facility, development of the stalled sectors, ensuring the availability of clean drinking water and a proper solid waste management system were the issues being taken up by the task force, and were at the top of its agenda, on the directions of the prime minister.

The international cooperation is also being sought from the sister cities of Islamabad, he said, adding that China is the time tested friend of Pakistan and has supported the country through thick and thin.

The commitment from Chinese side to develop the infrastructure projects and civic facilities in Islamabad is the continuation of the bilateral ties of the nations, and would benefit both countries’ economies. He said that the affectees of Sector I-15 were anxiously waiting for their dream houses and flats as most of them were low paid employees.

He said that the assistance and collaboration of the Chinese would not only help carry out much-awaited development but also pave the way for future development of the city.

He said that Islamabad needed to have an efficient public transport facility as well as modernised system of communication, including Metro Subway Train System as available in all the modern metropolitans of the world. He said that experiences and success stories of these modernised capitals of the world would be followed to transform Islamabad into a modern metropolis.

Farkhand Iqbal said that the CDA was seeking assistance from public and private sectors of China for expeditious development in Islamabad, including the development work in the stalled sectors.

He said that ERFG China had shown keen interest in the development of Sector I-15 and had committed an assistance of $500 million for the development activities in the capital.

He said that the CDA had already specified around 21 acres of land in Sector I-11 for establishment of a bus stand, which would be put under the preview of an independent transport company and will be used for commercial activities and subsequently, the revenue generated will be used for running the public transport facility. He said that Chinese companies had shown keen interest in provision of public transport facilities, rapid train system, adding that the Chinese assistance would help execute these public welfare projects expeditiously

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

i guess the way USA gives fund to pakistan, after china gets developed, it will do the same to pakistan.....the Q is when will pakistan rise on its own feet?:cry:

If somebody gets the water issue solved, and old leaking pipes replaced with new ones, then bravo to them.

Back
Top Bottom