What's new

China steadily closing gap with India as top BPO

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerrty

Reaction score
12 Nov, 2010, 07.19PM IST,AGENCIES
China steadily closing gap with India as top BPO destination

NEW DELHI: China's outsourcing industry is steadily closing the gap with leader India, according to a research done by a Canada based firm.

ICT research and advisory firm Canada-based XMG Global said in its study that China is closing 2010 with 35.76 billion US dollars or 28.7 percent share of the global outsourcing industry, while India maintains its lead capturing 54.33 billion US dollars or 43.7 percent of the total.

Assessing the industry's achievement, China is gradually narrowing its revenue gap from India with a huge 30 percent growth compared with India's 14 percent, Xinhua quoted XMG chief analyst Lauro Vives, as saying in a statement.

"India's weakening lead is due to the substantial efforts of China, the Philippines, and other offshoring destinations in building their capacity to attract significant amount of investment," Vives said.

The Philippines, which came third with 8.85 billion US dollars in total revenue or 7.1 percent share by end of 2010, is also doing well with 23 percent growth surpassing the 20 percent gain last year, he added.

"While India continues to remain the leader, the rest of the offshore countries are now beginning to mature," Vives said.

The analyst said the global outsourcing market is expected to end 2010 with estimated total revenue of 425 billion US dollars or 13.9 percent higher compared with last year. (ANI)

*ttp://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international-business/China-steadily-closing-gap-with-India-as-top-BPO-destination/articleshow/6912611.cms

Philippines overtakes India as call centre capital

By Mynardo Macaraig (AFP) – 1 day ago

MANILA — The Philippines has become the call centre capital of the world, overtaking India as the number one player in the global business outsourcing market, according to industry data and the government...
*ttp://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hyVa3JhOVmfCSvjOS9oM5AX8nw9Q?docId=CNG.3c86e1065eee2cfd740284f4a84f3555.01

2010 Software Industry Revenue To Top 1.2T Yuan
* Monday 2010-12-06 15:40

December 6 – China’s software industry is expected to generate over 1.2 trillion yuan ( $180.5 billion ) in revenue this year, reports yicai.com, citing Chen Wei, president of the service department of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology.

According to Chen, the development of software industry will be a goal in the 12th Five-Year Plan, which begins next year.

Shares of China National Software & Service Company (600536) slid 0.04 percent to trade at 22.87 yuan at 14:48 today.

*ttp://www.capitalvue.com/home/CE-news/inset/@10063/post/1258581

well the only thing i really admire of china is there strong determination...you take any field..they visualize and then they grasp it...sometimes i wonder how fast they make and enact laws...All of their major projects are always ahead schedule... take the case of wind power ...The initial future target set by the Chinese government was 10 GW by 2010, but the total installed capacity for wind power generation in China had already reached 25.1 GW by the end of 2009....

Really commendable job...i always hope Indian govt. should learn something from it

People often forget it isn't just the West that outsources, but also a lot in E. Asia. So not necessarily eating away at India's pie just that there is more pie to go around. Philippines and India are popular destination because of their large English speaking demographic. However for places like Taiwan, Singapore, Japan and S. Korea it really isn't a factor. China possesses similar language/culture and timezone which tends to offset any infrastructure or experience that India may have in the sector. As Asia as a whole develops particularly in E. Asia it is very likely China's BPO and IT sector will grow.

12 Nov, 2010, 07.19PM IST,AGENCIES
China steadily closing gap with India as top BPO destination

NEW DELHI: China's outsourcing industry is steadily closing the gap with leader India, according to a research done by a Canada based firm.

People often forget it isn't just the West that outsources, but also a lot in E. Asia. So not necessarily eating away at India's pie just that there is more pie to go around. Philippines and India are popular destination because of their large English speaking demographic. However for places like Taiwan, Singapore, Japan and S. Korea it really isn't a factor. China possesses similar language/culture and timezone which tends to offset any infrastructure or experience that India may have in the sector. As Asia as a whole develops particularly in E. Asia it is very likely China's BPO and IT sector will grow.

Unfortunately, the original article doesn’t give the break-down of who out-source to China. My understanding is that US still mainly out source to India, but Japan, a huge market, is out sourcing to China.

Actually Indian big companies like Wipro, etc are aware of this big piece from Japan, and tried hard to crack in. But the Japanese doesn’t trust Indians due to cultural/language schism. So the Indian companies set up shops in China with true intention in Japan. As of today, haven’t much heard from those Indian companies. Given up?

Among 2010 181billion USD value of Chinese IT industry, a major part is domestic needs, not from out-sourcing. When China exports big amount of electronics, a lot of software is embedded. So those who buy Chinese hardware are ended up buying Chinese software. :cheesy:

Given this trend, China may well catch up India in out sourcing within 5 years.

outsourcing is just a tiny part in our IT industry.

we have a very strong telecommunication sector.
we have a huge software industry.

what india has? a joke called infosys which basically killed all IT innovation in india?

Very important trend and not one to miss for anyone in the IT industry.

I've been following this for a while and have actually been thinking of writing something about it. China's IT outsourcing business is also growing much faster than India's and most estimates now suggest that it will soon - within the next 3-5 years - comfortably overtake India.

This is important because China's software outsourcing cannot be seen in isolation. Their super computing achievements, extensive hardware industry, chip design, manufacturing dominance and very importantly - far, far, far, far better infrastructure - are all combined in a single package.

If I was involved with a Pakistani IT outfit (which I am), I would be rushing to build partnerships with Chinese tech companies (which I am) :-)

what india has? a joke called infosys which basically killed all IT innovation in india?

Perhaps you never heard of Indian telecoms firms like Bharti Airtel

If I was involved with a Pakistani IT outfit (which I am), I would be rushing to build partnerships with Chinese tech companies (which I am) :-)

It is good to hear that buddy. :cheers:

More cooperation is always a good thing, our strengths will compliment each other.

Thanks for the unnecessary snide remark.

The BPO industry in India is withering away,for obvious reasons.

1.Job security
2.Better pay in other areas.

Post recession and recent Obama visit which echoes his strong anti-outsourcing stance has made many to jump to areas like telecommunications and banking ,which the two sector which didn't seem much affected during the recession and also the pay is better.

Won't be long be China is an outsourcing giant,for the reasons already mentioned above.

1.Lingual advantage over East-Asian markets.
2.Fast-catching up with English
3.Well-established IT infrastructure and skilled labour.

Last edited:
Practice what you preach!

@ontopic

The BPO industry in India is withering away,for obvious reasons.

1.Job security
2.Better pay in other areas.

Post recession and recent Obama visit which echoes his strong anti-outsourcing stance has made many to jump to areas like telecommunications and banking ,which the two sector which didn't seem much affected during the recession and also the pay is better.

Won't be long be China is an outsourcing giant,for the reasons already mentioned above.

1.Lingual advantage over East-Asian markets.
2.Fast-catching up with English
3.Well-established IT infrastructure and skilled labour.

:rofl:

so indians want to upgrade to better sectors while Chinese are picking up those abandoned by indians?

:rofl::rofl:

wake up dude. check our banks and our telecommunication sectors.

by Chinese standard, india doesn't have any bank.

:rofl:

you jumped into this thread, acting like a troll by claiming that indians are moving to better sectors like banking and telecommunication. then you stupidly claimed that Chinese are picking up outsourcing as the result of a increasing skilled labor force.

when China has some of the biggest banks in the world (ICBC/BOC), when our interest rate policies are considered as major international financial news.

when China has the biggest telecommunication operators (China mobile and China telecom) and one of the biggest telecommunication vendors (Huawei).

you tell me who is spreading nonsense here?

:disagree:

logic?

IQ and Global Inequality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

have a look, who is better at logic? your national average IQ is 82 compared to 105 in China.

time to wake up.

great said:
Oh my God!! IQ again..Take it and shove it where ever you want. No one cares here.

This is indeed a worrying trend from our esteemed Chinese posters. I shudder to imagine how the Middle Kingdom will treat it's future client states :confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom