What's new

China proposes Inter-country Highway

BDforever

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
China has proposed construction of an inter-country highway connecting Bangladesh, India, Myanmar and China.

Feng Zhengling, Vice Minister to China’s Ministry of Transport and Communications, discussed the proposal with Communications Minister Obaidul Quader during their Wednesday's meeting.

Quader said the China had sought Bangladesh's cooperation in this regard.

"Bangladesh has given a positive response to the Chinese proposal," he said.

As per the proposal, the highway will connect Kolkata, Dhaka, a Myanmar’s city and Kunming, he said.

Minister Quader said once constructed, the highway will significantly improve communications among the countries and Bangladesh will be economically benefited.

He said the proposal was still in its initial stages, adding feasibility study of the project would start once the four nations agreed to the proposal.

The Communications Minister said the proposed highway was different from the trans-Asian Highway.

Bangladesh, China, India and Myanmar (BCIM) Forum had organised a car rally in February this year from Kolkata to Kunming via Dhaka and Mandalay to strengthen bilateral bonds and friendships between these countries.

source: China proposes Inter-country Highway - bdnews24.com

Bad idea!

a freeway connecting China Myanmar and BD is okay but also india? WTF?

may be your country also want access in Kolkata port :undecided: anyway you will get access in BD port if you ask :)

sounds great

i prefer more ..China-Pakistan-India-Bangladesh-Myanmar-Thailand connection :D

i prefer more ..China-Pakistan-India-Bangladesh-Myanmar-Thailand connection :D

Connecting Pakistan to the route is great but cant possibly do it in the most cost-saving way without involving india
india is out of the question - for obvious reasons
The rest of the connection is fine.
Who is paying?

India_etc_pol.jpg

Bad idea!

a freeway connecting China Myanmar and BD is okay but also india? WTF?

Lets cut Bharot out of it. This is one country, no one should try to connect to

The end result is Bangladesh and China gets connected by a road link. Does it matter if one more highway is built to connect Dhaka and Kolkata? I suppose this new proposition is more like a diplomatic gesture to convince India that the sole purpose of this inter country highway is economic benefit of the countries involved. ;)

The end result is Bangladesh and China gets connected by a road link. Does it matter if one more highway is built to connect Dhaka and Kolkata? I suppose this new proposition is more like a diplomatic gesture to convince India that the sole purpose of this inter country highway is economic benefit of the countries involved. ;)

OR, we should build upto BD and then say that we don't want India in. Ultimate troll :D

Try to avoid the bharats as much as possible from our perspective

This route seems great. In the future I hope for a route which will connect China-Nepal-Bhutan-India-Bangladesh. This can be more profitable for us.

This route seems great. In the future I hope for a route which will connect China-Nepal-Bhutan-India-Bangladesh. This can be more profitable for us.

i would prefer Russia-China-Nepal-Bhutan-India-Bangladesh in this connection :D

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom