What's new

China-made power plant performs badly

Yes u do man, btw .most of your products enter India illegally through Tibet, they are smuggled, its pity that my country is run by a team of fuckfaces and idiots who call themselves economists, thats why u hav got trade surplus and we deficit, when Modi comes to power this all will change
I only talk of fact. I care of the fact. Until you proven otherwise, you need to shut up because you have no basis or any argument against our country products. Prove it! Try to prove that you can do a balance trade with us first before talking about erasing a trade deficit.

" the American owners of a brand new power plant made in China are forced to shut it down for repairs. "

The moment i read this sentence. I will know its nonsense China bashing...

Just like how Russia blame China supply material for India carrier boiler for fault.

Just like how boeing complaint of China counterfeit parts for the fighter jet.

End of the day, its the contractor fault , not China. I can bet its the greedy contractor fault for selecting sub par parts to maxi profit and anything goes wrong. They will blame China. They themselves never have fault? China herself also produced quality product but the contractor decide to select the most cheap to fool the customer.
yes why not, i agree:enjoy:

Yes u do man, btw .most of your products enter India illegally through Tibet, they are smuggled, its pity that my country is run by a team of fuckfaces and idiots who call themselves economists, thats why u hav got trade surplus and we deficit, when Modi comes to power this all will change
bas kar bhai Modi..Modi.

Modi Modi Modi.

He will solve all of India's problems :lol:

Common problem with Chinese power plants, just like with any of its products, whoever has bought these units have suffered, I remember Dongfeng got the contract for building one unit at DPL power plant as their bid was lower than state owned BHEL, in 3 years or so that unit had to be discarded and scrapped.

Common problem with Chinese power plants, just like with any of its products, whoever has bought these units have suffered, I remember Dongfeng got the contract for building one unit at DPL power plant as their bid was lower than state owned BHEL, in 3 years or so that unit had to be discarded and scrapped.

Seems it was the lowest bid. Customer are cheap.

Seems it was the lowest bid. Customer are cheap.

Obviously when a government firm buys anything it has to be the lowest bid among all the competitors that meet all the required criterion, and for large industrial products like a complete power plant unit, even the lowest bid should maintain the minimum acceptable standard, something that dongfeng did not maintain.

Quality is something China is not known for.

If I remember correctly,several power tools imported by DPL and other corporations also performed poorly in India.it took ages to solve the various problems,yet,it couldn't be solved properly.

India still worried about China power tools imports : Business, News - India Today

Hard to disagree with this.

I though the world have experienced Made in China products and so-called "Chinese technology" already =))

Obviously when a government firm buys anything it has to be the lowest bid among all the competitors that meet all the required criterion, and for large industrial products like a complete power plant unit, even the lowest bid should maintain the minimum acceptable standard, something that dongfeng did not maintain.

The problem is there is lot of shabby procedure. Do you think they will really check on all the standard. I dare to say those politician will try siphon some part of those project. Then you will know why something failed.

A powerplant might get bogged down for several reasons. As of now there are no details on what happened to the American unit in Philippines, so can't comment on that. But in case of the Srilankan unit, if the condenser tubes have failed, it might be due to two reasons. First the quality of the DM water and the quality of the tube material. So if the tubes have failed, it will be premature to blame the quality of the tubes first. We need the water analysis report and the OLTC report first.

Secondly, as far as the Chinese units in Bengal are concerned, yes there have been some issues with the material quality. But after experiencing working closely with BHEL units I have found that this Indian company is no better than it's Chinese counterpart as far as design layout and metal quality are concerned.

The Chinese powerplants come with some unbeatable edges over Indian companies. The DCS and the protection system. While the Chinese use ABB for DCS and honeywell for PLCs the BHEL is a prisoner of past sticking with Maxdna DCS system. Any control engineer who has worked with both the system will understand the difference.

And last but not the least the protection system the Chinese companies offer is simply outstanding. Compared to BHEL system its light years ahead. Protection system in a BHEL unit is a nightmare for any operation Engineer unless you are modifying it of your own. There is every chance of damaging a bearing, or lube oil system if you stick to the system provided by BHEL.

The three Chinese plants in Bengal are working just fine. The DPL plant is running continuously for the last three months with two very minor interruptions. The two in Sagardighi are running quite well but is suffering from other issues not concerned with the present context.

Why is Pinoy journalism so shoddy? Where is the power plant? ('Luzon' tell us nothing) Who are the Chinese manufacturers? Who are the American owners? What is the technical issue? Why are basic and crucial details being omitted?

It's like someone put a monkey to a typewriter.
Don't insult monkeys. They are more intelligent than this writer whose name is obviously named after Honey Boo Boo. Boo Chanco??? LOL.

If I remember correctly,several power tools imported by DPL and other corporations also performed poorly in India.it took ages to solve the various problems,yet,it couldn't be solved properly.

India still worried about China power tools imports : Business, News - India Today
I suggest India should import American and European made power tools. Suggest to Modi.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom