What's new

China - Japan dispute intensifies

Good job quoting the same discredited idiot that screamed CHINESE TROOPS IN NORTHERN PAKISTAN!!!

I haven't looked into the particular controversy regarding Selig's report on Chinese presence in Kashmir so can't comment on that.

However, I understand that most sources I present here will be discredited. Nevermind.

Sino-Korean Treaty of Friendship, Cooperation and Mutual Assistance

The Contracting Parties undertake jointly to adopt all measures to prevent aggression against either of the Contracting parties by any state. In the event of one of the Contracting parties being subjected to the armed attack by any state or several states jointly and thus being involved in a state of war, the other Contracting Party shall immediately render military and other assistance by all means at its disposal.

Pobzeb Vang, Five Principles of Chinese Foreign Policies, page 492

Couple that with the fact that China till this day remains North Korea's largest military partner and has allegedly facilitated North Korean arms exports reveals something.

China fails to stop illegal North Korean arms shipments - Washington Times

I haven't looked into the particular controversy regarding Selig's report on Chinese presence in Kashmir so can't comment on that.

However, I understand that most sources I present here will be discredited. Nevermind.

Couple that with the fact that China till this day remains North Korea's largest military partner and has allegedly facilitated North Korean arms exports reveals something.

Whatever, I haven't had breakfast yet but so I haven't the energy to argue with you. Think what you'd like about me and China.

Seems like the US has defined supporting north korea as evil. That is a mere definition however, it has no physical truth. One may also think that US support of feudal monarchies in the middle east as also evil. Or massacring millions in Iraq and Afghanistan is evil. Perhaps Indian butchery of poor tribals and Kashmiris is also evil.

Seems like the US has defined supporting north korea as evil. That is a mere definition however, it has no physical truth. One may also think that US support of feudal monarchies in the middle east as also evil. Or massacring millions in Iraq and Afghanistan is evil. Perhaps Indian butchery of poor tribals and Kashmiris is also evil.

On the same lines, perhaps china`s inhuman treatment of tibetans deserve a place in the book of all time lows....

On the same lines, perhaps china`s inhuman treatment of tibetans deserve a place in the book of all time lows....

Some trump card this is. Certain Indian members here past and present have played it over and over. I don't mind really, but it would help their and your case if you actually took more than 30 seconds to learn about the issues. It this lack of basic curiosity and subtlety that I find disgusting.

Some trump card this is. Certain Indian members here past and present have played it over and over. I don't mind really, but it would help their and your case if you actually took more than 30 seconds to learn about the issues. It this lack of basic curiosity and subtlety that I find disgusting.

Don't forget the 1962 backstabbing! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Whatever, I haven't had breakfast yet but so I haven't the energy to argue with you. Think what you'd like about me and China.

Ah, I see. Actually, it is the right information which is required to win an argument, not breakfast. :)

In my opinion, arguing with someone on an internet forum is a lazy man's ideal source of entertainment because it does not involve much energy.

Ah, I see. Actually, it is the right information which is required to win an argument, not breakfast. :)

In my opinion, arguing with someone on an internet forum is a lazy man's ideal source of entertainment because it does not involve much energy.

OK, so what point are you trying to prove?

Just tell us, so we can skip all this usual China vs. India BS.

Whatever the situation maybe, India should not miss this opportunity to back Japan. India's counter stratergy to China's claim of Kashmir of not being integral part of India. China has become openly arrogant towards its neighboring countries which will only create more enemies for China. With US backing Japan and SK, India should join hands as well like China did with Pakistan against India.

Seems like the US has defined supporting north korea as evil. That is a mere definition however, it has no physical truth.

Hmm.... depends on how one defines "evil".

Here we have is dictatorial state whose government has violently crushed any dissent, has continuously provoked its southern neighbor, kidnapped well-known personalities from its eastern neighbor and has been involved in nuclear and long-range missile proliferation activities. Some will define that state as evil while some still won't.

Anyways, tagging North Korea as "evil" or not is beyond the scope of this thread.

Perhaps Indian butchery of poor tribals and Kashmiris is also evil.

Butchery of poor tribals huh? Are you by any chance calling the Maoists "poor tribals"? Lol

And butchery of Kashmiris? Yeah, Indian military excesses clearly overshadow the fact that those very same Kashmiris have systematically and violently driven out more than 400,000 Kashmiri Pandits and Sikhs from the region and have indulged in ethnic cleansing activities like 2003 Nadimarg Massacre (in which 24 Kashmiri Hindus were killed), the 2000 Chittisinghpura massacre (in which 38 Kashmiri Sikhs were killed) and the 1998 Wandhama massacre (in which 23 Kashmiri Hindus were killed).

Now that said, I'm not justifying Indian military excesses and neither am I condemning China's actions in Tibet and Xinjiang. I guess no proud state, be India or China, will easily tolerate any separatist movement.

And again, we are off-topic.

Now that said, I'm not justifying Indian military excesses and neither am I condemning China's actions in Tibet and Xinjiang. I guess no proud state, be India or China, will easily tolerate any separatist movement.

Fair point. :tup:

Let's put aside Tibet and Kashmir, and stay on topic from now on.

I wouldn't worry about the "carpetbagging", busybody faux-"Amerindians". They are entitled to their opinions.

Better yet, they want to "shape" opinions and who are we to stop them? :coffee:

Today is the anniversary of 9.18 here. It just goes without saying that the "People's Republic" will maintain a certain posture vis-a-vis the "land of sun-rise" ... for intuitive reasons.

There is no need to war-monger of course.

But it sure beats :taz: at Vietnam in my books ...

Generally, people who don't have much to say are the ones who fall to the level of making personal taunts so as to create a diversion. I understand.

#1) "when did China interfere with U.S-Vietnamese relations? "

Flexing muscle and rhetoric in waters

Vietnam, unlikely US ally | Mark Tran | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

The first article gave no source to back up its claim that China want to “teach it a lesson”. Is the author a Chinese government spokesperson? As for the second article, every countries in the dispute is harnessing others fishermen, and China of course didn't issue threats against companies in operating in Vietnamese waters, we protested companies operating in disputed waters. I also don't see what's the problem with building a naval base on Hainan island, which is of course not under any dispute.

Harrison, Selig S. [2003] (2003). Korean endgame: a strategy for reunification and U.S. disengagement. p 322

In this case, the country to be opposed here is obvious.

First the current legal status of that treaty is unclear, it's debatable if the treaty is still in effect or has been lapsed. Second, the treaty, even if it's in effect, is entirely defensive in nature, what's wrong with helping your neighbor defense against invasion from a third party? Do you believe democracies have this unique mandate to invade non-democracies at will?

#3)

Playing with words huh? China is drilling oil in the Chunxiao/Shirakaba field which is a part of the Senanku islands dispute between China and Japan since the field lies only 4kms from the Japanese border in Senkaku.

Factbox: Ties and tensions between China and Japan | Reuters

Chunxiao field is not a part of the Diaoyutai, it falls entirely within Chinese EEZ, not even Japan is disputing that. To suggest it's in Diaoyu islands is completely bogus. It's you who're playing with words.

Now you've backed up a little and instead of saying its in Diaoyutai, you're saying it's part of the Diaoyutai island dispute, but of course that's also false. China and Japan has two disputes in the East China Sea, one is Diaoyutai another is EEZ. The Chunxiao gas field falls into the second dispute because its 4-5km away from EEZ Japan claims but China disputes. It has nothing to do with Diaoyutai dispute.

Back
Top Bottom