Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
China conducts test flight of "V750" pilotless helicopter
13863513_11n.jpg

13863510_11n.jpg

13863512_11n.jpg

13863511_11n.jpg

China conducts test flight of "V750" pilotless helicopter in Weifang, Shandong 2011-05-07 05:15:34 GMT2011-05-07 13:15:34(Beijing Time) Xinhua English

Photo taken on May 7, 2011 shows the "V750" pilotless helicopter during a test flight in Weifang of east China's Shandong Province. The 757 kilogramme helicopter has a maximum load capacity of 80 kilogramme. The V750 helicopter, with a max speed of 161 kilometers per hour and max range of 500 kilometers, can be remotely controlled as well as self-controlled by stored program within a range of 150 kilometers in radius and 3000 meters in ceiling

Add RCS reduction technologies, modify rotors to reduce noise, put a compartment inside for men, and you've got something more advanced than the upgraded Black Hawk that was used in the Bin Laden raid.

Landing support kind of funny, designed to land on sand?

I wonder if they will apply the RCS reduction plate on its rotor like the downed blackhawk and perhaps using similar materials too?
I can see the future of combat aviation being pilotless more and more now :tup:

I wonder if they will apply the RCS reduction plate on its rotor like the downed blackhawk and perhaps using similar materials too?
I can see the future of combat aviation being pilotless more and more now :tup:

If they could apply RCS reduction technologies to the WZ-10 and WZ-19, they can probably do it to the V750 as well. However, I do believe that the PLA tested the Tianyan-2 unmanned helicopter a few years back that is able to "drop bombs" with precision.

If they could apply RCS reduction technologies to the WZ-10 and WZ-19, they can probably do it to the V750 as well. However, I do believe that the PLA tested the Tianyan-2 unmanned helicopter a few years back that is able to "drop bombs" with precision.

Yes they can apply it on all. However, I still see the future being pilotless simply by witnessing the trend of aviation combat and it makes sense too.
We don't have to risk the lives of our servicemen; have the option to launch them pilotless drones and helos from ships, pulling up more a +g maneuvers, safely carry out silent recon, air or ground combat support operations. It is also the safer and less costly way to counter future laser and missile defense systems.

Yes they can apply it on all. However, I still see the future being pilotless simply by witnessing the trend of aviation combat and it makes sense too.
We don't have to risk the lives of our servicemen; have the option to launch them pilotless drones and helos from ships, pulling up more a +g maneuvers, safely carry out silent recon, air or ground combat support operations. It is also the safer and less costly way to counter future laser and missile defense systems.

It will cost. And it will cost a lot. I don't think the PLA can afford to have the bulk of its future force unmanned. We have more servicemen than money. I also don't see how silent helicopters can counter laser and missile defenses. Stealth unmanned helicopters are not strategic weapons.

It will cost. And it will cost a lot. I don't think the PLA can afford to have the bulk of its future force unmanned. We have more servicemen than money. I also don't see how silent helicopters can counter laser and missile defenses. Stealth unmanned helicopters are not strategic weapons.

We do have many servicemen. That doesn't mean they cannot be tasked on different things as we continue to modernise our military.
In defense, everything is costly and easily run into millions. As these technologies mature, it will only become cheaper. It is better to lose a single equipment alone than to lose both equipment and lives.

I was talking about both unmanned drones and helos. Helos lacks capabilities that drones have to penetrate defense systems, but it can be used as a strategic weapon surely. Not to mention, these are only going to be part of what we have. They will most likely conduct joint operations with the many options that we have. Warfare is and will continue to be network centric.

We do have many servicemen. That doesn't mean they cannot be tasked on different things as we continue to modernise our military.
In defense, everything is costly and easily run into millions. As these technologies mature, it will only become cheaper. It is better to lose a single equipment alone than to lose both equipment and lives.

I was talking about both unmanned drones and helos. Helos lacks capabilities that drones have to penetrate defense systems, but it can be used as a strategic weapon surely. Not to mention, these are only going to be part of what we have. They will most likely conduct joint operations with the many options that we have. Warfare is and will continue to be network centric.

Development programs for full scale stealthy helicopters will cost money and engineers. We don't have that many men to take on so many projects simultaneously, especially when there are more urgent and useful areas, such as laser weapons, anti satellite and anti ballistic missile defense, etc. Losing equipment you can easily replace is always better than losing one equipment which you can not. Stealth helicopters will cost a lot and they are basically sitting ducks in battle. In WWII, the Americans built an aircraft carrier each month while Japan could not build any more carriers. That was a huge deciding factor in the battle of the Pacific.

Drones in my opinion can achieve much a stealthier approach than helicopters can (less moving parts, better fuselage shaping, generally more sleek design). That's why you never saw a large number of stealthy helicopters enter US service. Drones can achieve everything a helicopter can (apart from deploying men) but at a greater extent. Helicopters don't have the range drones can and certainly do not carry the same firepower. China currently has two major heavy combat drones: the Shenyang Darksword and Shenyang Combat Eagle. One of those, according to peishens from CJDBY, will be unveiled this year. I have no doubt that the US and China possesses the technology to develop stealth or unmanned helicopters, but neither of them seem to be focusing much on them.

Development programs for full scale stealthy helicopters will cost money and engineers. We don't have that many men to take on so many projects simultaneously, especially when there are more urgent and useful areas, such as laser weapons, anti satellite and anti ballistic missile defense, etc.

That is true, but I am not talking about now. China is not capable of an instant change but instead seek a continued and progressive approach.

Projects such as laser, anti sat and ballistics are on going and is more important for China's denial of access strategy.

Losing equipment you can easily replace is always better than losing one equipment which you can not. Stealth helicopters will cost a lot and they are basically sitting ducks in battle. In WWII, the Americans built an aircraft carrier each month while Japan could not build any more carriers. That was a huge deciding factor in the battle of the Pacific.

That boils down to the maturity of science and technology. It will become cheaper as time goes by. We will have better materials, manufacturing techniques, machine tools etc to make them more efficient than the traditional manned variety in the future. Training people to use such technologies may workout cheaper and more effective than training pilots too.

I am not sure about the Americans built an aircraft carrier each month bit came from and I question the credibility of that statement. Moreover, it will take time to train the crew to have them combat ready. You cannot expect to have the ships, carriers and planes ready and expect them to be efficient instantly in real war scenario.

Drones in my opinion can achieve much a stealthier approach than helicopters can (less moving parts, better fuselage shaping, generally more sleek design). That's why you never saw a large number of stealthy helicopters enter US service. Drones can achieve everything a helicopter can (apart from deploying men) but at a greater extent.Helicopters don't have the range drones can and certainly do not carry the same firepower.

It's like comparing apples to oranges. They are fundamentally different and would be used differntly to achieve different desired goals. Like having planes and helicopters, but the difference is to become pilotless. I was talking in the broader sense of future aviation combat, which is not about having one and not the other. We still need both to fulfill different criterias.

China currently has two major heavy combat drones: the Shenyang Darksword and Shenyang Combat Eagle. One of those, according to peishens from CJDBY, will be unveiled this year. I have no doubt that the US and China possesses the technology to develop stealth or unmanned helicopters, but neither of them seem to be focusing much on them.

I will not say for sure that neither of them will be focusing much on them. Many of the things they do are out of our prying eyes. You simply cannot know unless they want you to know. Judging by the developments in defense and how their combat aviation go, you can clearly see that they are anticipating and aiming for the future becoming more and more pilotless.

Back
Top Bottom