What's new

China 'committed' to develop military ties with India

CPC doesn't criticise India for its duplicity over Tibet doesn't mean I can't do that. So you don't need to pull CPC into this, not everything CPC contends is right, and not everything CPC does satisfies me. In fact, CPC is heavily criticised by Chinese netizens for failing to stand up to India over the Tibet issue and the South Tibet issue.

Yes, India officially recognizes Tibet as an integral part of China, but why are you hosting a bunch of people on your soil, who are doing everything they could to separate the same land from China?

Well, I guess you are going to turn to the lecture about India being democracy again, something like they are refugees, and Dalai Lama was seeking political asylum, blah, blah.... If that is what are coming up in your mind, please don't reply. Because none of us here is a third grade kid, we all know how international politics works. You are insulting our IQ by convincing us that India is not doing this to confront China.

My question to you Chinese, which has not been answered by anyone.

Has the Chinese Govt ever claimed, even once, that India is behind any of the activity of Tibetans on its soil ?

Has any one of the activity, bomb blast, riot that occured in China been traced back to India ?

If the above answers are no, I dont see any rationale in your arguments.

And if you don't agree with CPC, I cant be held responsible for that.It is your government. Go elect another Government that reflects your concerns or revolt against the current one.We Indians cant be going to each and every 1.4 billion Chinese and soothe their ego.

The CPC is the official spokesperson for the Chinese and we can act only on the CPC's concerns, not on an anonymous net warrior out here in an online forum.

As for the IQ part, no dont go there.

Tibetan Youth Congress (TYC) is a terror group

World terrorist organizations like Al-Qaida are notorious for criminal activities including bombing and hijacking to achieve their ugly aims. The terror groups often target and victimize innocent lives. Few people in the world have ever heard of the Tibetan Youth Congress (TYC). It is not until the Lhasa Riot on March 14 that people in the world began to know this terrorist group.

The wanton beating, stabbing, arsoning and killing, in which 18 innocent lives including an infant and five ethnic Chinese and Tibetan girls working at a clothing store in central Lhasa, have shed a light on the terrorist nature of the organization, which planned and carried out the rampage and carnage.

The TV footage of a businessman whose one ear was cut away reveals the barbarity of penetrators.

Founded in 1970, with about 30,000 members and up to 70 branches worldwide, Tibetan Youth Congress is made up of descendents of the 14th Dalai Lama and other Tibetan aristocrats in exile. It laid allegiance to the lama, and advocated complete independence of Tibet on the first day of its establishment.

TYC has regarded violence and terrorist activity as its primary means to secede Tibetan Autonomous Region from the People's Republic of China.

Gaisang Puncog, former TYC chairman, said: "We will use any methods to serve our cause, be it violent or non-violent." Tendzin Choegyal, the 14th Dalai Lama's younger brother and follower, once claimed: "Terrorist activities could attain the biggest effect at the lowest cost."

These remarks clearly manifest this group is no different from other terrorist groups in the world.
In a meeting of its central executive committee in Dharamsala, northern India, the Tibetan Youth Congress approved a decision to "fund a guerrilla movement as soon as possible to enter China secretly and carry out armed struggles."

It's not strange for a terrorist organization to plan massive slaughtering, as the "September 11" 2001 terrorist attacks against the United States has shown the world.

In January 2008, the Tibetan Youth Congress announced it would implement "Tibetan People's Uprising Movement" and established an organizing committee, with Tsewang Rinzin, TYC president, sitting at the top of the committee. It has also run secret raining courses to teach guerilla warfare and explosives usage.

In February, the terror organization held campaigns in Dharamsala to recruit youth members for the so-called Tibetan People's Uprising Movement and trained key members for the following grisly attack on Lhasa.

Local police in Lhasa have seized more than 170 guns, tens of thousands of bullets, several thousand kilograms of explosives and detonators, acting on clues from some lamas and local residents.

Under Chinese law, terrorist organizations are those which use violence to threaten national security, sabotage stability, harm people and damage property. What happened on March 14 in Lhasa is nothing but a terrorist attack against innocent people and lawful businesses and people's properties.

Terrorists never take people's lives seriously. The day after March 14 riot, instead of mourning for victims, Tibetan Youth Congress couldn't wait to hold a meeting in India and later approved a decision on continued armed struggles. The head of the group claimed they were ready to sacrifice at least 100 member lives in order to succeed.

If this proved to be true, Chinese police must get prepared for another round of possible suicide attacks by the TYC anywhere in this country

Tibetan Youth Congress (TYC) is a terror group

Tibet group in India has Qaida links: China

BEIJING: Beijing came out with a fresh assessment of the Tibet situation on Monday, one in which it accused the Tibetan Young Congress (TYC) of links with the al-Qaida and terrorist organisations involved in the East Turkmenistan movement in west China's Xinjiang province.

The analysis, released by the official Xinhua news agency, said that Dalai Lama's government-in-exile in India consists of several TYC leaders and cadre.

Tibet group in India has Qaida links: China - Times Of India

My question to you Chinese, which has not been answered by anyone.

Has the Chinese Govt ever claimed, even once, that India is behind any of the activity of Tibetans on its soil ?

Straw man argument. Nobody actually claimed that, and I have stated MANY times that hosting our largest separatist group, was bad enough by itself. And was one of the major factors leading up to the 1962 war.

Since you want the opinions of Chinese leaders, here have a look:

Events leading to the Sino-Indian War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Top PRC leader Mao Zedong was humiliated by the reception the Dalai Lama obtained in India when he fled there in March 1959. The Tibet disagreements heightened in the Chinese media, with Mao himself asking Xinhua News Agency on 19 April to produce commentary on unknown Indian expansionists operating in Tibet. Mao decided on April 25 to openly criticize Nehru for his Tibet policy:

"Be sharp, don't fear to irritate him [Nehru], don't fear to cause him trouble. Nehru miscalculated the situation believing that China could not suppress the rebellion in Tibet and would have to beg India's help. -- Mao Zedong addressing a Politburo Standing Committee

"Nehru and people from the Indian upper class oppose reform in Tibet, even to the extent of saying that reform is impossible...[They want] Tibet to remain for a long time in a backward state, becoming a 'buffer state' between China and India. This is their guiding mentality, and also the center of the Sino-Indian conflict. -- Zhou Enlai

Wikipedia for a quick summary, the original sources are listed at the bottom of the page. Here is the original report:

http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~johnston/garver.pdf

India is responsible for Tibet problems, food inflation in China, and heck yeah... and the Jewish Holocaust. Happy???

I know that many Indians here like to imagine that 1962 came out of thin air.

Without realizing the impact of the 1959 backstabbing, and how much fury it caused in the Chinese leadership, as evidenced by their own quotes and by the action they took in 1962.

India is responsible for Tibet problems, food inflation in China, and heck yeah... and the Jewish Holocaust. Happy???

Out of those options, India is only responsible for hosting our largest serparatist group.

India has nothing to do with food inflation in China, or the Jewish Holocaust.

Out of those options, India is only responsible for hosting our largest serparatist group.

India has nothing to do with food inflation in China, or the Jewish Holocaust.

If they are such a problem why doesn't China formally asks to take them back.When their own country does not want them where should we ship them?

Tibet group in India has Qaida links: China

BEIJING: Beijing came out with a fresh assessment of the Tibet situation on Monday, one in which it accused the Tibetan Young Congress (TYC) of links with the al-Qaida and terrorist organisations involved in the East Turkmenistan movement in west China's Xinjiang province.

The analysis, released by the official Xinhua news agency, said that Dalai Lama's government-in-exile in India consists of several TYC leaders and cadre.

Tibet group in India has Qaida links: China - Times Of India

Sorry to dissapoint you, all Chinese posters here think TOI source speculate to much.

If they are such a problem why doesn't China formally asks to take them back.When their own country does not want them where should we ship them?

Do what you want with them. The damage has already long been done.

I know that many Indians here like to imagine that 1962 came out of thin air.

Without realizing the impact of the 1959 backstabbing, and how much fury it caused in the Chinese leadership, as evidenced by their own quotes and by the action they took in 1962.

If you consider this backstabbing then i wonder what you will call what Japan did to China. I dont want to name the incident but you know well and till date China has done nothing. Going by your logic if a shouting man comes to India only then PLA thinks it has to do something.And till date you cant come to terms with a democracy and how it works and China claims to respect all.

you are hosting and supporting them, it about time china supporting the maoist and kashmire seperatists.

Do what you want with them. The damage has already long been done.

Then what is the point each time accusing us for something we have not done. We all know in 1959 US pressurised us to act like a base for tibet but you know India does not do that today. When Wen Jiabao came all these tibet protesters were arrested a day earlier.

Straw man argument. Nobody actually claimed that, and I have stated MANY times that hosting our largest separatist group, was bad enough by itself. And was one of the major factors leading up to the 1962 war.

Actually what you quoted defeats mine in its strawman-ness. Lets see how.

The Tibetan refugees in India came to India not because of India's actions but because of China's repressive actions . It is in our culture,dharma to give refuge to anyone fleeing persecution from their homes which was there right from the 8 th Century when the Syrian Christians came to India, then the Parsis (Persians) came fleeing to India in the 10 th Century and all were given refuge. This is nothing new.

Even in post-independence we have given refuge not only to Tibetans but also to Bengalis in 1970s, the SL Tamils in later part of the 20 th century etc.

Also the Tibetan refugees in India are given no political rights, they are not given any arms training to fight the Chinese, they are not allowed to spread any propaganda from our soil. Virtually they are allowed to do nothing except just move on with their life. The Tibetans in the West an US do far more propaganda than the refugees in India ever do. But you guys dont have the guts to question the Western Govts.

Thirdly the Tibetans are NOT a separatist group as their leader, His Holiness, himself has repeatedly declared that Tibet does not want to secede from China.They only want autonomy within PRC

Fourthly the 1962 war was fought for a variety of reasons, one of which MIGHT have been the Tibet issue.

Lastly I dont expect you to agree with the above and com back again with "you are hosting our largest separatist group, yada yada". Well that will be disbanded when you recognize Kashmir as an integral part of India.

you are hosting and supporting them, it about time china supporting the maoist and kashmire seperatists.

Try if you want.

I would rather prefer that than all this on line whining over a non-existant issue :hitwall:

Then what is the point each time accusing us for something we have not done. We all know in 1959 US pressurised us to act like a base for tibet but you know India does not do that today. When Wen Jiabao came all these tibet protesters were arrested a day earlier.

You already did it.

Hosting our largest separatist group is more than enough.

@Karthic: I'll get back to you later.

Back
Top Bottom