What's new

China Butt Hurt Over Battlefield 4..Bans game

Subtle subconscious propaganda is the most effective brainwashing tool. People usually wont accept propaganda, but while in games, movies, etc, people will let their guard down when enjoying those entertainments.

In Hollywood, Chinese or Asians in general used to be all villains wearing stereotypical Manchu pigtails, but due to Chinese market, Hollywood is now forced to change and start having Asian actors play more positive roles.

Therefore, I am all for this ban. Why the heck is China's loss? I don't play games and I live quite happily. On the other hand, EA will lose Chinese market. Plus, just like banning youtube and Facebook, such restriction can give Chinese firms more breathing grounds to grow.

Live in a cave, much? Plenty of Russian vs. NATO games.
I second that, although I am not a fan of first person shooter but have been introduced by an English friend few years back with some premier shooter games that had extensive manual containing the entire list of NATO and Russian weapons. think it was operation flash point.

Chinese are like Iranians in few things very sensitive to outside influences (movies, games, literature etc) and its no laughing matter.

Subtle subconscious propaganda is the most effective brainwashing tool. People usually wont accept propaganda, but while in games, movies, etc, people will let their guard down when enjoying those entertainments.

In Hollywood, Chinese or Asians in general used to be all villains wearing stereotypical Manchu pigtails, but due to Chinese market, Hollywood is now forced to change and start having Asian actors play more positive roles.

Therefore, I am all for this ban. Why the heck is China's loss? I don't play games and I live quite happily. On the other hand, EA will lose Chinese market. Plus, just like banning youtube and Facebook, such restriction can give Chinese firms more breathing grounds to grow.

Lol relax, it is just a game

Do you think people in china will never going to play this now that China banned this game? Lol, fact is, Chinese who are fan of BF 1, 2 and 3 will find someway to get it.

Dames goes in Australia when MPAA refuse to grant "postal" a classification and still the street is full of this game. Chinese banning does not mean no Chinese can access to this game, infact some of my old classmate in China had already ask me to send them one or more copies for them and their friends in China

People lose themselves in playing video game, do you really think normal dude like us have to take the storyline so seriously? Just go online and kill something, be that American, Chinese or zombie.

And you are wrong about Hollywood, the main antagonist in Hollywood is and always was American, how many season of 24 you see Chinese is threatening the national security of the United State? Almost all of them are American

Of course there are going to be Chinese bad guy in any given movie, but I wonder how many time BD Wong and Lucy Liu played bad guy in Hollywood?

PS @senheiser You don't need to look far to know any games when other people are shooting American, try MOH warfighter, you can play as Taliban

banned....does that mean they cant download pirated versions??

Didn't many Vietnamese try to boycott BF4 as well? Something about BF4 saying Paracel Island (one of the playable maps) belonging to China?

I don't know why people are so butthurt over this. Plenty of games depicts people attacking United States all the time. Besides, I love playing with the Q-5 in that game.

The game isn't that bad.

One thing though is that... China isn't like Iraq or Afghanistan. Americans aren't gonna simply waltz in and shoot every Chinese soldiers. If American forces invade China, the Chinese can simply push them out. Also, the US can only send thousands of soldiers into China, while China can mobilize millions of soldiers and defend their homeland.
Are you sure? What about JEW USA arming Al Qaeda & Falng Gong democrats to parasite your cities, like in Syria?

What would you do?

dont u miss them.....??

noww noww be honest..

the rest totally agree:cheers::cheers:

I wonder if the next campaign involves rescuing a maid's family.
lollll..........set in the land of maid eating women

i will vote of call of duty ghost ... battlefield extremely bad graphics and gameplay...

i will vote of call of duty ghost ... battlefield extremely bad graphics and gameplay...

Are you serious mate, BF4 has some of the best graphics, it was one of the best looking games of 2013. I bought a GTX 780 just for BF4 and it looks insane on Ultra 1080p. Though I wish they fixed the net code and some bugs in the game, other than that it is a great game.
Nine Visually Impressive PC Games You Can Play Right Now - IGN

Plus I don't see why China is mad. In the previous BF games there were maps where China or Russia would invade US. Heck BF4 is not even an American game.

Are you serious mate, BF4 has some of the best graphics, it was one of the best looking games of 2013. I bought a GTX 780 just for BF4 and it looks insane on Ultra 1080p. Though I wish they fixed the net code and some bugs in the game, other than that it is a great game.

Plus I don't see why China is mad. In the previous BF games there were maps where China or Russia would invade US. Heck BF4 is not even an American game.

last time i bought bf3 it was a huge disappointment for me ,, last version i like was bad company2 ... terrain , weapons and firepower projections looks un realistic in bf 3-4 , cod mw 3 and ghost , great game with cool guns ...

That is not outburst but truth, chinese are bullying every one in the neighborhood and you seems to have no idea about chinese an their motives. And trying to defend chinese hegemonic mindset to dominate Asia. Rise of China has direct consequences in South Asia and India do not want anyone to meddle in S.Asia and we will confront Chinese and Chinese moves and we will defeat them. Simple .

You are missing the point. We are not talking about geopolitics. We are talking in the context of a video game.

great move by china, these games want to spread proaganda showing americans are the best and everyone they fight is evil.
When did we saw a game last time where i could play a campaign with a russian shooting americans? There isnt because its against the western codex to spread propaganda.

I'm sure the last thing EA was thinking when they made BF4 was to use it as a tool for propaganda. Trust me they are kicking themselves, now that they know they'll be missing out on millions of dollars worth of sale from China. I must say the EA management wasn't particularly bright. I mean you chaps did ban Youtube and Facebook and just about any medium for free exchange of ideas globally. Freedom of expression is an idea alien to the Chinese polity. EA should have known better.

Every country had to deal with stereotypes. We Indians were portrayed "dhoti" wearing snake charmers and betel leaf chewers. All Americans were bolero wearing cowboys or obese men wearing Hawaiian shirts and shorts, drinking rum punch. while the brits where tea drinking snots.

The Chinese market or any market for that matter did not change these perceptions. Globalization happened where people started mingling and got a chance to form their own perceptions rather than stick in the morass of preconceived ideas.

You do realize that you don't live in an island right. The world is a global village. Notions of protectionist policies and suppression of free will, belong to the dustbins of the dark ages.
Before your launch your tirade, why don't you let the people of your country choose whether they want Facebook, Baidu, Youku, Ebay or Alibaba. If they appreciate a domestic service better than their international counterparts they are going are going to choose to stay with it.
Simple really.
History has shown over the countless ages, no government or regime that suppresses the freedom of expression and choice triumphs over the long run.

And anyway, alot of little kids play games like Call of Duty and Battlefield nowadays. That's bad news. And bad news I mean that many would join the army just because they play videogames

No sir. Don't be naive. You dont go to war because you played games as a kid. Millions of folks play COD, BF4 or whatever. .. My gramps (may his soul rest in peace) kicked my arse at the original COD quite until the week before he died and he was the sweetest and most lovable lil man there can ever be.

Cheers and happy new year again chaps.

Last edited:
LOL! Some game thats a threat to national security. Reminds me of the recent Catching Fire movie where a few berries can bring down the whole system.

Back
Top Bottom