What's new

China beats India in brand value

Hafizzz

Reaction score
China outstrips India in brand value
Business Line : Industry & Economy / Economy : China outstrips India in brand value

The rise of Chinese companies up the ranks of the annual list of the world's most valuable global brands was one of the most striking factors of the Brandz Top 100 report released on Monday. Equally noticeable is the dearth of Indian firms.

Two Chinese firms made it to the top 20 as China Mobile scored 9th place, with an estimated brand value of $69 billion, and ICBC ranked 11th in the list compiled by WPP subsidiary Millward Brown Optimor. Other Chinese brands on the list include search engine Baidu (29th) and Bank of China (37th).

Despite a total of 19 BRICS companies making it to the list, there was just one Indian name: ICICI Bank at 53rd place. Not a Tata or Reliance was to be seen.

“There are some Indian brands that are starting to show through, we expect them to keep moving up in years to come,” Mr Nick Cooper, Managing Director of Millward Brown Optimor, told Business Line.

He argues it's just a matter of time and that it took a while for the Chinese brands to move through as they invested heavily in their brands. “Baidu, for example, has very much fitted itself around the needs of China and developed a real brand,” Mr Cooper said. The growth in the value of the top 100 rose by 17 per cent last year this “makes entering it (the list) a moving target,” he added. Mr David Roth of WPP says it's also to do with the structure of the survey, which deals with individual brands and their value to consumers rather than to corporations. “Tata's position would have been different when you look at it in totality with global holding companies,” he told Business Line. “When I wind my clock forward ten years I see big changes.”

The most successful brands were those that gave the customer “unbelievable value for money,” and embraced the digital space, said Mr Roth.
Apple topples Google

The list saw a number of big upsets including of Google, which was knocked off its top position by Apple. Apple's brand value rose an astonishing 84 per cent to $153 billion. McDonald's also saw a resurgence, rising two places to the fourth as fast-food became the fastest growth area, according to the research. For the first time Facebook made it to the list, at 35th place.

India must catch up soon

Despite a total of 19 BRICS companies making it to the list, there was just one Indian name: ICICI Bank at 53rd place. Not a Tata or Reliance was to be seen.

Does anyone have a list of the 19 BRIC companies, that are in the top 100?

Hafiz where are you so concerned about India and China?

And why isnt a Pakistan firm on the list?

Will never hear say , we need to catch up.. its always about India. :lol:

What? Isn't it the easiest job in the world? To be a spectator?

Relax, they have been groomed this way.

Watch and get happy at US' achievements.

Watch and get happy at Turkey's achievements.

Watch and get happy at China's achievements.

Watch and get happy at Sri Lanka's achievements.

Watch at get happy at Bangladesh's achivements.

I mean seriously, Pakistanis are so good at this watching-and-getting-happy-for-others game, aren't they?

Well, so are people who can't themselves get into the ring and fight it out.

Watchers....and that's all they will ever be...watchers...

...for its very easy to blow people up, very hard to compete with them.

I can see some mumbers here are very irritated, if you know the poster has 'bad' intention then leave the thread for good, not to practice sarcasm here``

seriously those people have to read the orignal article first then to judge :no:

List is very flawed. Pepsi way below Coke. Samsung and Porsche in the mid-60's.

Hafiz where are you so concerned about India and China?

And why isnt a Pakistan firm on the list?

BECAUSE WE DEAL IN BLACK MARKETS MAKING DEALS OF BILLIONS NOT LIKE INDIAN PENNY PICHERS LOL

List is very flawed. Pepsi way below Coke. Samsung and Porsche in the mid-60's.

from their website:
"The BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands study is the only valuation in the world that takes into account what people think about the brands they buy alongside rigorous analysis of financial data, market valuations, analyst reports and risk profiles. "

its not assets but what people think+ yearly profit? or am i reading their statment wrong here

Stilled flawed. People pay double for a Porsche over a Nissan Z or GT-R.

In another news, China's 6 trillion economy (including HK) dwarf's India's 1.5 trillion. Haffez and Billal are certified troll. Their threads should be best left alone. I mean what kind of person be so concerned about othercountry when their own country is about to default on money it borrowed?

from their website:
"The BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands study is the only valuation in the world that takes into account what people think about the brands they buy alongside rigorous analysis of financial data, market valuations, analyst reports and risk profiles. "

its not assets but what people think+ yearly profit? or am i reading their statement wrong here

yep! It's all about perception.

Back
Top Bottom