What's new

China 'aggressively' shoring up its military set up along border: Antony

angeldemon_007

Reaction score
NEW DELHI: China is "aggressively" shoring up its military capabilities along the borders with India, defence minister A K Antony said on Tuesday.

"I agree with you on that China is aggressively building its capabilities in its areas. In the past, India was negligent in strengthening its capabilities in the eastern sector, "he told reporters when asked about China strengthening its military set-up along the Line of Actual Control.

Instead of "grumbling" over the issue, India has started modernising it own capabilities by taking steps such as raising new Army divisions and Advanced Landing Grounds (ALGs) for aircraft operations, he said on the sidelines of the Coast Guard Commanders' Conference here.

Asked about recent incursions taking place from the Chinese side, the minister said this was due to differences in perception of boundary which was not properly demarcated.

He went on to add that the overall situation along the border was "peaceful".

"The main thing is that in the absence of a demarcated border, there is a difference of perception. Sometimes incursions take place when they go to areas which they think is with them and sometimes we also do that," he said.

Antony said as a follow-up to the decision taken by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Chinese President Hu Jintao in April this year, a joint mechanism to tackle border issues would be established in the next few months.

"There was an incident (of incursion) like that few months back and we have conveyed our concerns to them.... Of late, we have taken a step to constitute a mechanism to tackle these issues on the border. I am hopeful that with this mechanism, which will come in few months, things will improve," he said.

The mechanism will explore areas of cooperation in border areas like border trade and movement.

The minister said the proposed mechanism will comprise of all stakeholders including the "military and paramilitary elements and will be coordinated by the external affairs ministry."

China 'aggressively' shoring up its military set up along border: Antony - The Times of India

Dude TOI is much to sensationalist..id like to see another news source reporting this...and the time frame must be mentioned.
How many times has TOI repeated this news.. plz make a sticky or something?
They keep recycling the same article with different words.

what is indian govt doing nothing

everything is on paper while china is doing on ground ,its better we wakeup

what is indian govt doing nothing

everything is on paper while china is doing on ground ,its better we wakeup

Read the article fully before blurting

Instead of "grumbling" over the issue, India has started modernising it own capabilities by taking steps such as raising new Army divisions and Advanced Landing Grounds (ALGs) for aircraft operations, he said on the sidelines of the Coast Guard Commanders' Conference here.

Oh its nothing, just regular movement of PLA troops and equipment :smitten:

^^^
So why are those equipment pointing towards us ? I mean so much military presence is like a permanent threat to any nation. Nobody can even tell when you will attack as you are always on the attack mode. No disrespect brother but if you want peace why so much military on the borders ? It gives bad signals...Its not like we have poor relations like Indo-Pak but this military presence indicates different.

Dude TOI is much to sensationalist..id like to see another news source reporting this...and the time frame must be mentioned.
I agree but here they are also right.

How many times has TOI repeated this news.. plz make a sticky or something?
They keep recycling the same article with different words.
Thats true to some extent also because unlike India they increasingly improving infrastructure and too for strategic purposes not for public welfare. On the other hand we build half a dozen ALG's and few helipads and we have already declred that alot has been done. I mean it looks just like 1962.

^^^
So why are those equipment pointing towards us ? I mean so much military presence is like a permanent threat to any nation. Nobody can even tell when you will attack as you are always on the attack mode. No disrespect brother but if you want peace why so much military on the borders ? It gives bad signals...Its not like we have poor relations like Indo-Pak but this military presence indicates different.

there is not actually all that much equipment near the boarder, it true that equipment and troops can rush in within hours if needed but they are not concentrated at the boarder. whats threatening India is not the stuff already there, its the upgrades to the roads leading to the boarder as well and infrastructure projects but non are military specific and thus india can not complain for china has a duty to improve the lives of its people and better linking the country can do just that

Indians should not worry. China is a peacefull nation with no hostile intentions. If Chinese wanted to smash india they would have done it a long time ago

Indians should not worry. China is a peacefull nation with no hostile intentions. If Chinese wanted to smash india they would have done it a long time ago

I agree with you...china is a peaceful nation otherwise they could have also smacked japan, korea, vietnam, philipines etc.etc.. :tup:

Only if they wanted 10-12 of their biggest cities as nuclear wasteland..

No mate i dont think so. Maybe in 5 years but not at the moment. But then suppose chinese will also develop their abilities in 5 years but thats just my opinion

No mate i dont think so. Maybe in 5 years but not at the moment. But then suppose chinese will also develop their abilities in 5 years but thats just my opinion

huh ???? Didn't quite get it.. Are you saying Pakistan has capability to nuke India, USA, Afghanistan, Israel etc etc but India does not have Nuclear capability ?

there is not actually all that much equipment near the boarder, it true that equipment and troops can rush in within hours if needed but they are not concentrated at the boarder. whats threatening India is not the stuff already there, its the upgrades to the roads leading to the boarder as well and infrastructure projects but non are military specific and thus india can not complain for china has a duty to improve the lives of its people and better linking the country can do just that

"..there were other telltale signs. Some telephone lines had signs posted in Chinese that they belonged to the PLA -- perhaps to deter thieves. Many of the streets were made with thick cement that could support the weight of tanks," Brown noted towards the end of a rather long descriptive cable.

China building roads, bases on its India border: Wikileaks

Even though Mechanized infantry is useless in Sino-Indian case , one wonders why.

huh ???? Didn't quite get it.. Are you saying Pakistan has capability to nuke India, USA, Afghanistan, Israel etc etc but India does not have Nuclear capability ?

no was responding to someone saying that a few chinese cities would be knocked out.

Back
Top Bottom