What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

I think developing a reliable, world class fighter engine is proving to be an Achilles' heel for both India and China. China's efforts should be lauded that they are doing it without much help from outside. Why India is not able to produce a good engine despite all the help they can get from outside, reflects bad management within the organisations.

Hi,

No---it does not----it just tells you how difficult a task manufacturing a fighter jet engine is ---the problems is that you cannot reverse engineer it just like that---you cannot steal the technology because you would never know if the information has been sabotaged or not------.

Nothing has been inked yet.
Most probably we are all waiting for the Chinese Engine and the results of JF-17 Blk-II!!
If PAF gets an improved radar and a better engine, as suggested that they may well be looking for it, then we might not even see the J-10. The weapons JF-17 BLK-II (considering a better more powerful engine is acquired) can or will be able to carry along side a better radar will fill in the gap of J-10. If this happen, the next new platform that we see in PAF colors may well be a generation leap!
:)
JUST SPECULATING
Only thing for sure is that THE J-10 DEAL HAVEN'T BEEN INKED YET AND WE ARE MOST PROBABLY WAITING FOR CHINESE ENGINE

regards!

its the only way we will get J-10B/FC-20.

Is there any further news on the 40 J10 export we were discussing?

nope-dead end until chinese engine is evaluated and accepted by PAF. once this event happens, then PAF will not order 40 but at least 100. why not?

customized j-10, dual seat with new bubble canopy unlike j-10S, AESA radar, EW housing on vertical tail, no DSI, IFR installed, new avionics and IRST, WS-10 is quite visible.

ul6Xi.jpg

customized j-10, dual seat with new bubble canopy unlike j-10S, AESA radar, EW housing on vertical tail, no DSI, IFR installed, new avionics and IRST, WS-10 is quite visible.

ul6Xi.jpg

ahhh ... But that Just a MODEL :lol: and have seen this picture before.
From now on i wont be believing any rumour regarding J-10 unless some picture comes out or official contract is signed.
and one interesting thing, i really took your words :P

nabilj10b.jpg

Nothing has been inked yet.
Most probably we are all waiting for the Chinese Engine and the results of JF-17 Blk-II!!
If PAF gets an improved radar and a better engine, as suggested that they may well be looking for it, then we might not even see the J-10. The weapons JF-17 BLK-II (considering a better more powerful engine is acquired) can or will be able to carry along side a better radar will fill in the gap of J-10. If this happen, the next new platform that we see in PAF colors may well be a generation leap!
:)
JUST SPECULATING
Only thing for sure is that THE J-10 DEAL HAVEN'T BEEN INKED YET AND WE ARE MOST PROBABLY WAITING FOR CHINESE ENGINE

regards!

J10-B equipped with Chinese engine and DSI has been under test flight for quite a while, but no j10A with Chinese engine has been spotted yet.

Maybe PAF is waiting for J10-B, which is reasonable because the DSI of J10-B is more suitable for a multi-role combat aircraft.....

its the only way we will get J-10B/FC-20.

nope-dead end until chinese engine is evaluated and accepted by PAF. once this event happens, then PAF will not order 40 but at least 100. why not?

Why 100. I thought it might be a good idea to get 40 first and then wait for J-31 :yahoo:

ul6Xi.jpg

Have not seen such a aircraft under-test yet...
But wait ....., there are several yellow-skin J-10 without DSI under test in Chengdu right now.... Next time we might want to pay attention to what engines they are equipped with.

At least in the following video from early 2012, all the no-DSI j-10 are equipped with Russian engines. Only the j10B has Chinese engine......

Last edited by a moderator:
J10a's airframe is modified to contain AL31f, while WS10A is the one for J10B. CAC should set up another WS10A production line ASAP, the tech should be transferred to PAF for more production volume.

1. Dubai Airshow , Show news by AW&ST , PAF spokes person claimed its a J-10b as he stated its with bump intake.

ShowNews - Latest News from Onsite at Major Aviation, Aerospace & Defense Events

unfortunately Dubai news is no longer posted or available at the site.

I had posted the link in the forums. What it going to be , who knows.

JF-17 min. order commitment is 150.I think J-10 will come after 150 JF-17 are acquired to replace all f7Ps, A5 (5+2 sqdns) and may be one additional Mirage sqdn.

1. Dubai Airshow , Show news by AW&ST, PAF spokes person claimed its a J-10b as he stated its with bump intake.

JF-17 min. order commitment is 150.I think J-10 will come after 150 JF-17 are acquired to replace all f7Ps, A5 (5+2 sqdns) and may be one additional Mirage sqdn.

All A-5 Fantans are retired and in storage. J-10B will only come when PAF is satisfied with Chinese Engine.

ahhh ... But that Just a MODEL :lol: and have seen this picture before.
From now on i wont be believing any rumour regarding J-10 unless some picture comes out or official contract is signed.
and one interesting thing, i really took your words :P

nabilj10b.jpg

Was I the only one to believe that the J-10B is FC-20? If that was the case, singling out my post would have made sense. Now search for all those posts that followed suit, including Pakdef forum. :P

Was I the only one to believe that the J-10B is FC-20? If that was the case, singling out my post would have made sense. Now search for all those posts that followed suit, including Pakdef forum. :P

Sorry for loosing track of this discussion. Do you (as per your provided info) still believe that its going to be j-10B or has that insider information proven untrue and now you believe its going to be J-10A?

Sorry for loosing track of this discussion. Do you (as per your provided info) still believe that its going to be j-10B or has that insider information proven untrue and now you believe its going to be J-10A?

Well I know respected sir the question wasn't directed at me... but lets settle this issue once and for all

Will PAF receive :-

J-10 A
Lets look at the capabilities it gives over the traditional JF-17, not much in terms of technology, in terms of deep strike and being a high altitude platform it does do alot better

So lets ask our selves, will PAF invest millions in to get an entirely new platform with similar capabilities and just some advantages that we can get in the shape of more F-16's,if we buy them through parties other than USA, even though it will take USA's consent to get through the purchase but if PAF really needed just the main two advantages J-10A brings to the field i feel they would definitely go for a tested tried platform such as the F-16..

So J-10 A is a NO-NO for PAF

J-10B
Good platform which gives us a half a generation leap over JF-17 and a leap over the block 52, sounds like the thing most officials and insiders have been mentioning when they have said Block 52 wont be the best fighter in PAF's fleet for long...

But the other side is the finances... can we really go and use something like that which may be excellent for its given price, but its price might be a hike .... it seems that way when we look in to the current economic issues we are facing
Again a J-10 B might be a No-NO while talking the economy

Customized J-10 A

A customized J-10A with good changes such as dual seats, AESA radar, good EW suite etc which change the J-10A to B minus the structural changes may be the viable solution for us, as we will be cutting expenses and receiving nearly half a generation leap over what we field today...
As i remember huitong also said that we might see a customized J-10A in PAF's ranks ...

dont forget J-10 as it is, is one hell of a fighting machine having kills over the best china fields today in its operational airforce (j-11, SU-30 MKK)

I hope i made a contribution . :)

Back
Top Bottom