What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

JF-17 doesn't have many weapons????????
27_102825_59f291faea0b75e.jpg
this pic looks to be photo shopped

any dates from officials about j10 coming to PAKISTAN???????????:shout:

XRACER.

According to some senior MODS there is no deal to sign J10/FC20 as yet only speculation

STRANGE since the PLAAF have over 200 in service since 2006

YET not a deal in sight

Despite the obvious fact it would be a HUGE increase in PAF capability over their present fleet of JFT MIRAGES & F7s

And imo is needed to answer the EVER growing SU30MKI threat

That may not be the actual cockpit, since it has become a practice in simulators to use touchscreens to simulate buttons.
Since the conditions arent very demanding these commercial level screens can be used to simulate cockpit switches and buttons.

Oscar (or others), I am no expert on PAF's decisions or on FC-20. But I wanted to ask. Even though a very potent platform from what I can tell, it's still a 4th gen product, similar to Mirage 2009 or Rafale (about 80-90%).
So, doesn't it make sense for PAF to opt for J-31 and J-11's / 16's? Those are bigger planes with larger weapons carrying capabilities and plus J-31 is stealth too....so please share some details on the mindset there.
To me, (I know money's an issue) I'd try to get the best of the best once. PAF knows India is heavily going for Rafale, Su-30 and then in the future it'll be T-50. So instead of countering T-50 later, why not do that now with J-31 or other options. By doing so, you just cut the competition with SU-30 and Rafale as you went towards much more sophisticated capability..

Oscar (or others), I am no expert on PAF's decisions or on FC-20. But I wanted to ask. Even though a very potent platform from what I can tell, it's still a 4th gen product, similar to Mirage 2009 or Rafale (about 80-90%).
So, doesn't it make sense for PAF to opt for J-31 and J-11's / 16's? Those are bigger planes with larger weapons carrying capabilities and plus J-31 is stealth too....so please share some details on the mindset there.
To me, (I know money's an issue) I'd try to get the best of the best once. PAF knows India is heavily going for Rafale, Su-30 and then in the future it'll be T-50. So instead of countering T-50 later, why not do that now with J-31 or other options. By doing so, you just cut the competition with SU-30 and Rafale as you went towards much more sophisticated capability..
J-31 has just bursted on the scence and yet to make her first flight. Even if i am very optimisitic, it would not be available to even PLAAF before 2019-2022 (eventhough i am still skeptical over its market prospect given JSF and other products like PAK-FA would already be sweeping the market before J-31 makes her debute in international market). We need a deterrent before that which can not be a fifth gen (unless US offers us JSF - an unlikely event-). So even if FC-20 is 90% as capable as rafale, PAF will take it.
J-11s and J-16s are fairly out of question because of their predominent tilt in capabilities (A2A and Strike respectively). PAF's focus is on procuring hardcore multirole platform. It is surprising that J-10 was initially designed to be an air superiority fighter. Thats why PAF was initially hesitent towards J-10. Now even the PLAAF is realizing the potential gains of multirole fleet with new J-10s being increasingly more verstaile at the use of A2A and A2G. SAC's products have been fairly specialized on the other hand.

any dates from officials about j10 coming to PAKISTAN???????????:shout:
PShamim shaib had disclosed a while ago that technical negotiations had been complete, however, he didn't disclosed about the status of commercial negotiations. So I think you should be fairly patient, when something would be allowed to leak, it would be on fora in no-time.

XRACER.

According to some senior MODS there is no deal to sign J10/FC20 as yet only speculation

YET not a deal in sight

Despite the obvious fact it would be a HUGE increase in PAF capability over their present fleet of JFT MIRAGES & F7s

su-30's threat isn't that much as people believe ,
other thing it has been told many times that we have been offered j-10 but we want j-10b / fc-20 ..
it is will there with us in time of need

J-20 and J-10B duo is back, New J-10AS keep coming out, PLAANAF?
E1yDc.jpg

OpEsD.jpg

ad1uR.jpg

9Vf6S.jpg

Although would be great for the PAF to invest just 10-15% in J-10 Program to gain manufacturing and assembling facility at PAC to manufacture:
50 J-10s/F-10P(30 J-10 and 20 J-10S)
70 J-10BS/F-10P
70 J-10CS/F-10P

Although would be great for the PAF to invest just 10-15% in J-10 Program to gain manufacturing and assembling facility at PAC to manufacture:
50 J-10s/F-10P(30 J-10 and 20 J-10S)
70 J-10BS/F-10P
70 J-10CS/F-10P
The decision to invest is not with anyone, as falsely precieved here. Remember US Invited the partners to invest in JSF program, Russia Invited India in PAK-FA program, CAC Invited PAF to invest in JF-17 program and South Korea Invited Indonesia to invest in KFX program. So its not everybody's decision to just go and put up the money.

The J-10 has been an in service platform for over a decade now, its kinks have all been worked out.
Moreover, the newer J-10B is claimed to be almost as good as any eurocanard in A2A combat by those that have evaluated the aircraft.
Ideally, the PAF would have preferred to have a deep strike capability with the J-10B coming in service to complement the F-16 Block-52's..along with providing an air superiority asset.
Any 5th gen platforms were planned 2020 onwards and that too was preffered to have been done with countries other than China for Diversity reasons.
However, as funds would have it.. the PAF is plain broke as it is.. with no money to pay off even the interest on the many loans it has taken to buy equipment.
Till that situation improves.. the JF-17s and the F-16's are the platforms it will have to contend with.

XRACER.

YET not a deal in sight

Not Again...Buddy i am also an Indian and i am proud of my airforce ''Flanker H''.....But that doesn't mean that i will keep bringing it in every other post....i mean fine I know,they know and their airforce know that we have this beast........what mor do you want....

Back
Top Bottom