What's new

Charsadda: ANP leader Farooq Khan targeted in bomb blast

Elections should be delayed immediately I can't see any elections taking place Taliban are now much more stronger than ever before they are targeting on will and if they are able to blow at least 10 polling stations on election day every body will run away from polling stations around the country

THe 40 I am talking about are high profile targets...the ones you are talking about can never be predicted. Anybody can get a little 1kg bomb and be on his way, you can't predict those people. You don;t have proper documentation for cars, motorcycles, anything so how do you expect that agencies will magically get a whiff of when an attack is going to happen?

Every small attack cannot be predicted... understand this point. 1kg of explosive is not hard to find in our country, especially in KPK.

The big attacks are foiled, where more planning goes into place and larger amount of explosive is used.

How come they know all this without knowing the exact location of the person who is going to carry out the attack ?
?

Its Sad how ANP leaders and workers are killed on daily basis its a genocide

ANP should advice their members to avoid public appearances!

How come they know all this without knowing the exact location of the person who is going to carry out the attack ?
?

Informers, phone intercepts, eavesdropping etc.

THe 40 I am talking about are high profile targets...the ones you are talking about can never be predicted. Anybody can get a little 1kg bomb and be on his way, you can't predict those people. You don;t have proper documentation for cars, motorcycles, anything so how do you expect that agencies will magically get a whiff of when an attack is going to happen?

Every small attack cannot be predicted... understand this point. 1kg of explosive is not hard to find in our country, especially in KPK.

The big attacks are foiled, where more planning goes into place and larger amount of explosive is used.

this simply shows job not well done. to prevent attacks is their intelligence job.

If intelligence agencies cannot tell who would be attacked or who are they planning to attack, then how exactly do you expect an SHO to prevent the attackers?

no excuses !!

this simply shows job not well done. to prevent attacks is their intelligence job.

no excuses !!

Aisay keh rahay ho jaisay har lallu panju ka kaam hai.

You tell me yourself, how hard is it to go and get 1kg of explosives in Pakistan?

Intel just tells you that an attack is going to happen. It does not tell you the route the attacker will take or whatever...they give estimates, an intel report is no more than an educated guess.

Let me give you another example. A intel report came a few months back that a suicide bomber had entered Islamabad through Tarnol side. All the police and others came into action and started combing the areas. The intel report gave a very rough sketch of the appearance of the guy and his target. The bomber was arrested with no damage done.

Everyday tens of reports come, only a couple are genuinely a threat, others turn out false.

It isn't an easy job, hand grenade blasts, crackers, 1-3 kg blasts, all do occasionally go unnoticed.

But almost every big terrorist attack has been predicted and on alot of occasions thwarted. I don't think you appreciate that. Just a couple of weeks ago 125 kg of explosives was recovered from a truck. That is a success.

You also mentioned that why don't the agencies stop the attacker from the source? That is a good point...and the answer is pretty simple. A suicide bomber can never be stopped, or mostly never. You can only make the attacker change his point of explosion but in 99% of the cases you can't stop the guy from exploding.

If not at the VIP target, he will explode at the check post or some place.

Its responsibility of the Intelligence agencies to be pro-active and defuse such attacks, they are failing miserably...

I tend to largely agree. These institutions have a job to provide security and ensure blasts do not occur. Instead they spend their time running after innocent civilians and failing on the terrorism front. I mean how will they deal with terrorism when they are posessed with chasing false leads. 600-800 people have disappeared in Pakistan, atleast 100 of which are innocent... this is what is happening. Its a reality which we can and should not avoid.

Also criticism is meant to make an institution stronger. So nuclearpak do not take this criticism as Anti-Pakistanism.

I tend to largely agree. These institutions have a job to provide security and ensure blasts do not occur. Instead they spend their time running after innocent civilians and failing on the terrorism front. I mean how will they deal with terrorism when they are posessed with chasing false leads. 600-800 people have disappeared in Pakistan, atleast 100 of which are innocent... this is what is happening. Its a reality which we can and should not avoid.

I agree that it is the job of these institutions...but they are intel agencies, not Law enforcement. ISI/IB/SB isn't going to do the job of the police or FC or Rangers. That is my point. Their job is to provide the lead, provide the heads up, now it is the job of the other agencies (not intel) to act on that lead.

And let's not go towards the missing person thing, is say bara drama aur kahin nhn ho sakta. This has been discussed to death before.

Also criticism is meant to make an institution stronger. So nuclearpak do not take this criticism as Anti-Pakistanism.

No ofcourse not.

Aisay keh rahay ho jaisay har lallu panju ka kaam hai.

You tell me yourself, how hard is it to go and get 1kg of explosives in Pakistan?

Intel just tells you that an attack is going to happen. It does not tell you the route the attacker will take or whatever...they give estimates, an intel report is no more than an educated guess.

Let me give you another example. A intel report came a few months back that a suicide bomber had entered Islamabad through Tarnol side. All the police and others came into action and started combing the areas. The intel report gave a very rough sketch of the appearance of the guy and his target. The bomber was arrested with no damage done.

Everyday tens of reports come, only a couple are genuinely a threat, others turn out false.

It isn't an easy job, hand grenade blasts, crackers, 1-3 kg blasts, all do occasionally go unnoticed.

But almost every big terrorist attack has been predicted and on alot of occasions thwarted. I don't think you appreciate that. Just a couple of weeks ago 125 kg of explosives was recovered from a truck. That is a success.

You also mentioned that why don't the agencies stop the attacker from the source? That is a good point...and the answer is pretty simple. A suicide bomber can never be stopped, or mostly never. You can only make the attacker change his point of explosion but in 99% of the cases you can't stop the guy from exploding.

If not at the VIP target, he will explode at the check post or some place.

never try buying this sort of stuff, even your family wont ever get to know where you will end...

wrong, wrong, wrong, if educated guess is all that they do, then just handover things to someone who can do more... CIA maybe, who helped ISI penetrate in TTP ranks? !!!

its their job to do it..

you are being ISI apologist here, seriously I wasnt saying they are useless, but not effective in case of ANP being targeted.. I need peaceful elections, that all I care.

if i m not mistaken in one case a suicide bomber was spotted and taken out because they knew he was coming in which car, well before he could hit..

oh no, I am sure there is no such emotions haunting him... he is a sensible person...

we are only discussing the role, he tends to believe that its not intelligence agency's job to foil attacks, I am saying its their prime responsibility because they are our Eyes who identify enemy !!

I also think that that they have a work load too, but to make sure election process is not sabotaged, this should be priority !

Presser:

Ghulam Ahmed Bilour:

If we are attacked again we will register FIR against the army chief of #Pakistan. #ANP”

Sorry for ANP loses to TTP Inc.
The Parties which are still pro Taliban like JUI JI and PMLN will feel the same heat one day.
They forget that mad Dogs cant be cured, they must be exterminated.

you are being ISI apologist here, seriously I wasnt saying they are useless,

If that's how I come across then fine...they are a Pakistani agency not Israeli.

I am saying its their prime responsibility because they are our Eyes who identify enemy !!

O bhai, your eyes don't move around do they? Your eyes only spot the threat, your brain analyzes it. THat is the job of intel agencies in this particular case.

Your body then moves and neutralizes the threat. Your arms punch the threat and put it away. The LEA's such as police and everyone are for that job. Not the intel agencies.

Phir jab intel agencies chappay marti hain to phir rolla dalta hai keh missing person ho gaye.

Presser:

Ghulam Ahmed Bilour:

If we are attacked again we will register FIR against the army chief of #Pakistan. #ANP”

Now what sense does this make?

It isn't the COAS's job to go around putting a decent security cordon around Bilour or a ANP person. He isn't the police chief or a MoI rep.

If the election commission or SC had said that the Army is responsible for providing security to ANP and if it is the army which is securing ANP, then the COAS is responsible.

Sorry for ANP loses to TTP Inc.
The Parties which are still pro Taliban like JUI JI and PMLN will feel the same heat one day.
They forget that mad Dogs cant be cured, they must be exterminated.

Agreed right wing parties are thinking they will stay untouched they dont know their turn will come NEXT But than they will be all alone , History has told us again and again but we have failed to understand any thing.

Back
Top Bottom