What's new

Can Vietnam resist China?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martian2

Reaction score
Can Vietnam resist China? Could Mexico resist the United States?

Can stone-age Vietnam resist China's 2.3 million-man PLA Army with the most modern weaponry and air superiority?

It's like saying Mexico wants to resist American annexation of Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Nevada, Utah, etc.

The Mexicans didn't put up much resistance against American annexation. What makes you think Vietnam can resist China?

China merely has to drop one EMP over Vietnam and move the PLA in. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

China is following in the footsteps of the United States. The United States annexed large portions of Mexico. After one hundred years or so, everyone thinks the annexed Mexican territory belongs to the United States. Similarly, after a hundred years or so, everyone will think annexed Vietnamese territory belongs to China.

Fhjemv4.jpg

I wonder the huge number of clowns who run around here. Vietnam has been independent since 1,000 years! Wake up!

China's 2.3 million-man PLA Army with the most modern weaponry and air superiority as you say, but you still need nukes? Seems as if you don´t trust the PLA to win against VN conventionally.

Maybe Vietnam should follow N. Korea and develop some funny missiles with nukes.

they did it when they were most weak..and now,they are in a buying spree of advanced weapons..hope,you know the result..in any case of war with China,they might face a large scale of destruction just like before,but they can prevail them easily(especially when their guerrillas prevailed PLA regulars before few divisions of Viet regulars came to help when their main army was in Combodia,in which they had more cassualties and lost multiple times of tanks than vietnam,according to this..China's War With Vietnam, 1979: Issues, Decisions, and Implications - King C. Chen - Google Books)

China's 2.3 million-man PLA Army with the most modern weaponry and air superiority as you say, but you still need nukes? Seem as if you don´t trust the PLA to win against VN.

China doesn't need to use nuke against VN, our nukes are fit in our ICBMs, does China need to hit Vietnam with an ICBM?

Maybe Vietnam should follow N. Korea and develop some funny missiles with nukes.

Wake up, a tiny developing country cannot afford to play with nuke.

Can stone-age Vietnam resist China's 2.3 million-man PLA Army with the most modern weaponry and air superiority?

It's like saying Mexico wants to resist American annexation of Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Nevada, Utah, etc.

The Mexicans didn't put up much resistance against American annexation. What makes you think Vietnam can resist China?

China merely has to drop one EMP over Vietnam and move the PLA in. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

China is following in the footsteps of the United States. The United States annexed large portions of Mexico. After one hundred years or so, everyone thinks the annexed Mexican territory belongs to the United States. Similarly, after a hundred years or so, everyone will think annexed Vietnamese territory belongs to China.

Fhjemv4.jpg

China wants the whole WORLD, but don't worry ain't gonna happen :P

interesting theory...

China doesn't need to use nuke against VN, our nukes are fit in our ICBMs, does China need to hit Vietnam with an ICBM?

They could, with help from Mother Russia, but luckily, that ain't gonna happen. Although, North Korea would help and possibly build underground shelters around Vietnam.

Do it, no talk meaningless things, don't forget that US army and PLA went home recently.
Now, US can let us to use their technology to enrich Uranium in Vietnam.

[/IMG]

China was victim of imperialism in the past, Taiwan is under protectorate of Uncle Sam now; you have problem with your mentality.

Some people are still thinking they can play "Total War" PC game in real life; unfortunately their Politburo/politicians won't allow them realizing this kind of fantasy.

The answer to the OP's question is YES; Viet Nam can beat China in a air, land, and sea war if it is not a TOTAL WAR PC GAME. In 1979, the Chinese were confident enough to claim that they could march to Ha Noi in 1 day with 200,000 troops; oops:omghaha: At that time, our country was much weaker than it is now due to the 20-year toll of warfare

The OP needs to be realistic and ask himself how many 4th generation fighters and tanks your polituburo will allow you to mobilize in a war with Viet Nam. I'm going to bet once China loses about 50 or so of their "precious" J-series planes, their Poliburo will announce "victory" and pull back

May I ask why China would ever need Vietnam? I have no doubt China can easily take over Vietnam with a downpour of long range missiles, wiping out all the major military posts without sending a single soldier, but whats the point? China would need to waste tens of billion on rebuilding Vietnam and not to mention China would look funny on the world map with a long ugly line sticking out of the bottom.

Texas is a large beautiful land with oil that greatly benefited the United States not to mention it looked nice on the world map when the USA swallowed it, while Vietnam on the other hand is a small skinny nation with nothing of value to the Chinese.

In my opinion, China shouldn't be looking south but rather to the North. China annexing Mongolia is far more plausible then Vietnam because Mongolia basically relies on China economically; Mongolia's Economy is basically Chinese run, Mongolia Can't survive without China's investments while Vietnam can for the most part.

China can Cut off electricity sales and north Vietnam will have blackouts every day... Vietnam isn't any stronger than Iraq, given how modern warfare has shifted since the gulf war Vietnam has no chance given their resources and hardware. In case they haven't noticed, no one blindly send infantry and carpet bombers anymore. This is the information age, there are missile that be guided up one's rear end from thousands of kms away

Now, US can let us to use their technology to enrich Uranium in Vietnam.

:omghaha::rofl:US can under Vietnam flag too.:omghaha:

Some people are still thinking they can play "Total War" PC game in real life; unfortunately their Politburo/politicians won't allow them realizing this kind of fantasy.

The answer to the OP's question is YES; Viet Nam can beat China in a air, land, and sea war if it is not a TOTAL WAR PC GAME. In 1979, the Chinese were confident enough to claim that they could march to Ha Noi in 1 day with 200,000 troops; oops:omghaha: At that time, our country was much weaker than it is now due to the 20-year toll of warfare

The OP needs to be realistic and ask himself how many 4th generation fighters and tanks your polituburo will allow you to mobilize in a war with Viet Nam. I'm going to bet once China loses about 50 or so of their "precious" J-series planes, their Poliburo will announce "victory" and pull back

:rofl:Primitive:omghaha:

May I ask why China would ever need Vietnam? I have no doubt China can easily take over Vietnam with a downpour of long range missiles, wiping out all the major military posts without sending a single soldier, but whats the point? China would need to waste tens of billion on rebuilding Vietnam and not to mention China would look funny on the world map with a long ugly line sticking out of the bottom.

Texas is a large beautiful land with oil that greatly benefited the United States not to mention it looked nice on the world map when the USA swallowed it, while Vietnam on the other hand is a small skinny nation with nothing of value to the Chinese.

In my opinion, China shouldn't be looking south but rather to the North. China annexing Mongolia is far more plausible then Vietnam because Mongolia basically relies on China economically; Mongolia's Economy is basically Chinese run, Mongolia Can't survive without China's investments while Vietnam can for the most part.

Any Couple of Nuclea and bring down China, Shanghai,Capital and HK nuked will bring china itself.

In Chian people are controlled by Force with force gone people will break free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom