What's new

California mall shooting send shoppers into panic

unicorn

Reaction score
California mall shooting send shoppers into panic as gunman fires 50 rounds
16th December

Police have taken a 42-year-old man into custody after more than 50 shots were fired at a Southern California shopping mall, forcing mass panic and a full lock down.

According to Newport Beach police, multiple shots were fired in the area of a Macy's department store at the Fashion Island mall Saturday around 4:30pm in the upscale affluent coastal community.

Police arrested Sarinana Gurrola on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon, said Kathy Lowe, a spokeswoman for the Newport Beach Police Department.

article-2248893-1689432B000005DC-845_634x410.jpg

Shoppers flew into a panic, hiding in dressing rooms, inside a movie theater and ran for their cars. One woman was injured in the panic.

A YouTube user posted a terrifying video taken from the parking lot in which repeated shots can be heard.

'I couldn't see who was shooting, but I started to take video in the direction the shots came from while standing behind the car you see in the foreground,' the caption said. 'My video catches the last two clips he shot and I could finally see him when he shot off the last clip.'

Shopper Joe Rubbinaccio told NBC4 he was on the lowest floor of Macy's when he heard shouting.

'I heard somebody yelling,' Rubbinaccio said. 'It sounds like an employee. He was saying, 'Lock the store down!' And he was yelling, 'Don't panic. There's been a shooting,'' Rubbinaccio said. 'At that point, you kind of freeze. Your heart skips a beat. ... You just panic, you don't know what to do.'

Rubbinaccio said he saw many people running, and had heard one person had been injured in the rush to escape.

The incident comes as many across the country were on high alert following the mass shooting Friday at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut that killed 28 people, including 20 children.

Fashion Island Mall: California shooting sends shoppers into panic as gunman fires 50 rounds | Mail Online

Don't post local news. Its banned topic. If you don't believe me, ask the MODs.

Ḥashshāshīn;3704834 said:
How is this local news?
If this is local then the CT shooting was local as well
Agreed. It was. But the issue of school shooting has been a social issue in US for a long time. as it has happened a lot and various studies are done on growing violence among American children due to video games and movies. May be that's why MODs allowed it.

I don't think even that thread was necessary.

Just got back from Walmart (I live close enough to the border that it was swamped with fronchis)...any shopping here now is filled with panic! (PS...fronchi is short for Fronteria Chihauhau...what the Mexicans have on their license plates)

Don't post local news. Its banned topic. If you don't believe me, ask the MODs.

You does not need to remind me about what's local and international posted here and you certainly does not need to worry about the moderation of this forum.As I have been seeing how much you care about it.

This news has been quoted not from the local newspaper it is quoted from international one and in context of the previous thread this thread is perfectly legitimate in this section.

Agreed. It was. But the issue of school shooting has been a social issue in US for a long time. as it has happened a lot and various studies are done on growing violence among American children due to video games and movies. May be that's why MODs allowed it.

I don't think even that thread was necessary.
I don't think it has anything to do with guns or video games (these are present in many countries)...but there is some social problem that leads to these episodes. It would seem that the same societal pressures exist in China, but we get these problems at a greater rate population taken into consideration. As a percentage of our population...the incidents are not very common...but compared to other nations...disturbingly happen more often. I think our preocupation with fame may have some bearing. PS...when I saw a pic of the guy who killed those kids...I thought, what an inbred looking freak....then I thought, because of people like me shunning him he turned out like he did. Then I thought....if he could do such a thing, no wonder he had no friends. These issues are complex...perhaps we will figure them out in time.

US us a ticking time bomb, the world should defuse it before it blows up the entire world

For forum members who are unware of what kind of thread one can post in this section.Especially the one delusional who is unaware of it.Enlighten yourself

ozH5T.png

1-discussion related to changing world environment
2-strategic
3-political

This thread satisfies category number 1

Just got back from Walmart (I live close enough to the border that it was swamped with fronchis)...any shopping here now is filled with panic! (PS...fronchi is short for Fronteria Chihauhau...what the Mexicans have on their license plates)

Don't tell me you sell propane and propane accessories!

I don't think it has anything to do with guns or video games (these are present in many countries)...but there is some social problem that leads to these episodes. It would seem that the same societal pressures exist in China, but we get these problems at a greater rate population taken into consideration. As a percentage of our population...the incidents are not very common...but compared to other nations...disturbingly happen more often. I think our preocupation with fame may have some bearing.

Social problems in America are overblown. Due to the global influence of American media, they get a lot more international attention then they otherwise would. Similar things that happen all over the world but get little attention. I'm talking about both news media and Hollywood.

From watching Hollywood movies I had an idea that America was full of gang violence, but when I visited America it was pretty normal. I bet when people watch Hong Kong movies they will think Hong Kong is full of Triads, even though we have pretty much the lowest crime rate on the planet.

PS...when I saw a pic of the guy who killed those kids...I thought, what an inbred looking freak....then I thought, because of people like me shunning him he turned out like he did. Then I thought....if he could do such a thing, no wonder he had no friends. These issues are complex...perhaps we will figure them out in time.

Freaks are everywhere. Unfortunately it seems to be inevitable from a statistical point of view, out millions of people, you are bound to get some freaks here and there.

I don't think it has anything to do with guns or video games (these are present in many countries)...but there is some social problem that leads to these episodes. It would seem that the same societal pressures exist in China, but we get these problems at a greater rate population taken into consideration. As a percentage of our population...the incidents are not very common...but compared to other nations...disturbingly happen more often. I think our preocupation with fame may have some bearing. PS...when I saw a pic of the guy who killed those kids...I thought, what an inbred looking freak....then I thought, because of people like me shunning him he turned out like he did. Then I thought....if he could do such a thing, no wonder he had no friends. These issues are complex...perhaps we will figure them out in time.
Agreed, that this is not particular to US but I have studied a lot of papers on this issue considering Crimes and effect of media on the society. May be because of huge amount of research done on this subject in US, I posted this aspect.

You are right about fame associated with these crimes. Morgan Freeman's words fits best. In US, serial killers and spree killers are more famous whereas no one knows the victims. I was watching documentary on AIlene, the first woman serial killer who got wide media attention and corruption cases where Police officers shared the investigation reports with film makers and book publishers for handsome amount of money.

The commercialization of crime acts and its portrayal in media especially by Hollywood is also a major concern that we miss. Its not that good news don't get attraction of media, its all about USP of the news. More unique the act is, no matter good or bad, if its against common norms, attract attention and our media industry which has such competition use it for commercial gains.

I opposed this news because such incidence happens not only in US but all around the world. And of course they will find place in International news too but still it is a local news with no impact on world affairs.

For forum members who are unware of what kind of thread one can post in this section.Especially the one delusional who is unaware of it.Enlighten yourself
1-discussion related to changing world environment
2-strategic
3-political
This thread satisfies category number 1
This news doesn't lie in changing world environment. If this news is allowed, people will post all crimes happening all around the world.
@WebMaster Kindly look into the matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
all the crazies coming out of the woodwork around christmas... and perhaps the supposed end of days...

Back
Top Bottom