What's new

Boycotting American products

Same thing happened during the Danish Cartoons thing. People started boycotting Danish goods but ordinary Danes were not responsible for those Cartoons, just a right wing newspaper.

So the correct response would have been not to read or buy that newspaper instead of boycotting all of Denmark.

Great speech.

Perhaps you should give the same speech to the Americans who support sanctions against Iran (or against any country).

Keep in mind that this is the same American administration which claims that the Iranian elections were fraudulent and the "regime" does not represent the people.

Its strange , 1 person uploads something and some how whole government is to blame and some angry mob kills some embassy person or welfare mission person etc ...

Something is not right ... as bad as the movie was but it was act of 1 person , not a nation and neither was it planned

Of course France is always ready to escalate things but this is USA .. they were not that sophisticated to do this

The real irony of the situation is that if you were to tell the people planning to boycott the US about the violence that occurred during the riots, they would say "well that's only a small percentage, you can't judge an entire people based on the action of a select few" but apparently it is ok to judge an entire country based on the actions of 1 immigrant?

:rolleyes::crazy:

I agree it is wrong to punish all of America for the actions of some crazies, but if this gets some Muslim entrepreneur to get off their a$$ and start developing technologically competitive products, then so much the better. In this sad state of affairs, one grabs motivation where one can get it...

I support the view that educated people have a larder responsibility.
Instead of getting on road and sabotaging our own property, let work together and spread this message in whole world. We have access to internet and have good know how of the global network.
487599_4179890570103_1260964602_n.jpg

I see people sharing these views and comments on FB and other community sites but it is strange that they are sharing these with Muslims, with there own friends. That is fine but let us share this with international community.
Go to United Nations, US UK and European pages, post your comments, make your say count!!
protest-against.jpg

Many people will be of view that this wont make a difference but then sitting home and doing nothing wont make it either!
Lets do what is in our power and leave the rest to Allah! and Allah is the best in doing Justice!
156242_182554935203180_269236436_n.jpg

regards!

* Stop using your computer because its American made or software is
* Stop driving your car because something in there is American made
* Stop flying on planes because Americans invented it
* Stop watching TV because that is probably American made
* Stop using your lights because Americans invented it
* Stop your kids from taking polio vaccine because it was invented by an evil Jewish American
* Stop using petrol and petrochemicals because Americans invented it
* Stop using, your mobile phone because that is probably American made
* Stop using your ovens/fridges/refrigerators/washing machines because Americans invented them
* Stop using internet because it also was invented by the Americans
* Stop wearing cloths because they probably were made on a machine made in America
* Stop using gas because that gas comes from a plant that was created by the American technology.
* Stop using handwash, shampoo, conditioner,hair dryer and deodorant because its made my American companies ie P&G.
* Stop drinking Coca Cloa, Sprite, Pepsi, because they are American products
* Stop jumping on electric lifts and escalators when you go to the shopping center because they are probably American

once you stop all of the above congratulations, you have become a proud Pakistani living in a stone age. I thought the criminal ******** who made the film was an idiot, i didn't realize that those who play in his hands are even more bigger idiots !

We need to make ourselves worthy or respect before we can ask for it, we Muslims are the most ignorant,arrogant and irrational breed of humans alive today and we are getting ****** for a reason. And it has nothing to do with some retards trying to say stupid things about Islam but more with our lack of rational response and our pathetic literacy rate and our junk economies!

Yes, that is right!
but what is the difference between them and us is we being educated, being able to communicate well do not do anything to express our feelings?
i Support the view that WE must make this protest global. By saying and sharing!
Peaceful protest, what i and many here are seeking is not arrogant!

Exactly correct.

Respect can never be demanded, it has to be earned. Of course, being poor, illiterate and misguided is not conducive to creating the necessary environment for earning respect, but that is a whole 'nother story.

What the hell????????
Statements like of yours ought to be condemned with full fervor.
Every living being is worth respect, Infact, you are simply not capable of respect...

Listen…….we do not demand you to respect... we expect you to respect, and respect for great leader and last prophet of God ‘Muhammad’ (pbuh) is fundamental to Muslim belief. Your selfish attitude is obviously not helping. Neither you fall in category of ally, friend, or leader.
Apart from that, you are also guilty of committing injustice and murder of Muslims on gigantic scale. Carpet bombing of Afghanistan is one example.

BTW….if you truly believe in your words, than you should have sent an email to your President and FM to add your words in their respective, yet unapologetic statements.

I agree not everyone in America is as cheap and value less as you describe and neither Muslims should hold American govt. responsible for the movie but your govt. is responsible for all the official statements and acts.

Your govt. is responsible for the current divide and cannot disown the fruit of their policies.

As far Pakistan is considered, matter of fact is….your govt. have conspired against Pakistan, be it war or peace time. I generally, don’t believe in deciding my daily life based upon history… but I cannot come out in your defence and neither I approve any violent behavior… within or beyond Pakistan, in the name of Prophet Mohammad (pbuh).

Here, I also like to highlight a point that on PDF every other day Quranic verses are being mocked. Especially, in context with ‘72 virgins’.

I take this opportunity to register my protest with forum runners for not deleting posts mocking Quranic verses.

Are ppl really tht naive tht they dont understand the purpose of my post..or they are deliberately trying to ridicule by pretending to be oh so innocent?

I know tht everything cant be boycotted from our lives...but atleast we can make an effort to boycott which are considered as luxuries in our personal life..and/or for which we have an alternative..e.g we can boycott going to KFC, Mc Donalds...instead we can go to other local fast food restaurants...dont go for Pepsi/Cocacoala but we can choose some other local soft drink..Or we can stop buying brands like Nike etc etc

Now ofcourse we cant boycott American made medicines... As in Islam, if life is in danger, haraam bhi halaal hojata hai...Same is the case with f-16s..some ppl were mocking tht should we boycott f-16s.. Firstly, f-16 is not a luxury..it is for the "defence" of country....

My only point was to try to make an effort to bycoott American products for which we have an alternative availabe..or which are lxuries for us..and if we collectively do this..and spread this word as much as possible...then "Darya darya qatra banta hai"..maybe at one point, we would be able to make a dent(no matter how small) in their economy and we would have our conscience clear tht atleast we protested in a peaceful manner..in whatever capacity we could..

The protest against US for the act of a single man is simply idiotic no matter how much you whitewash it..The joke is even more funnier when you accept that you need US for several essential things and want boycott their non essential things.

I and my family have decided tht a more appropriate way of protest against the blasphemous movie, rather than violence or attacking American embassies, would be to boycott American products, to affect their economy... as they say.."Qatra Qatra darya banta hai" ...Or if we say tht their economy cant be affected by our small effort..atleast we would have our conscience clear tht we atleast tried..and .if .nothing else, atleast Allah ek saamnay hum jawab denay ke qabil honge...ke when our beloved Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H) was being insulted or ridiculed, we atleast made an effort to boycott their products which we like otherwise.....Atleast we have to do something..not violence but to show our protest.... If everyone atleast on this forum starts it, and asks his/her family to do it and then spread the word..kuch na kuch tu humara contribution hoga..... Have we thought ..if we dont do even this.. how would we be able to answer Allah at the day of judgment? Theres a famous Hadith..I am not quoting exact words..but its meaning is...You cant be a Momin..if I am not more dear to you than your parents, your children and your family...Remember Holy Prophet's companions , Sahaba(R.A) used to take bullets on themselves during wars,to protect Prophet(P.B.U.H) but would not let any harm to occur to beloved Prophet Muhammad(P.B.U.H)..We are not of the calibre of those companions ofcourse, but we can do our bit..

Love of Prophet Muhammad is the basic pillar/foundation of our Imaan..West has been shamlessly provoking us by insulting our Prophet time and again, to make us beghairat and bayhis...they want to take out love of Prophet from us..tht lets insult him frequently..how many times will they protest? So do we really want to become beghairat? Do we make them achieve their target..tht we become behiss truly tht we arent affected by it? Not by violence..but this is a peaceful way of protesting..tht is to boycott... Allama Iqbal has very nicely explained it in this poem why West provokes us and why Muslims are in this sorry state:

Iblis ka farman apnay siasi farzandon ke naam

La kar barahmanon ko Siyasat ke bich mein
Zun-naariyon ko dair-e-kohan se nikaal do

Woh faaqah-kash keh maut se darta nahi zara
Ruh-e-Muhammad os ke badan se nikaal do

Fikr-e-Arab ko de ke farangi takhai-u-laat
Islam ko Hijaaz-o-Yaman se nikaal do

Afghaniyon ki ghairate deen ka hay yeh elaaj
Mulla ko oon ke koh-o-dman se nikaal do

Ehle haram se oon ki rawayaat chhin lo
Aahu ko marghuzare khutan se nikaal do

Iqbal ke nafas se hay lale ki aag tez
Aise ghazal-sara ko chaman se nikaal do

Translation :
Orders of Satan to his political progeny (English translation: taken from a website)

Embroil the Brahmans in statesmanship’s maze,
Make them discard their girdle, creed and ways.
The mendicant whom death can’t affright, Take
Mohammad’s soul from his mould and expedite.

Dye Arab thought in Frankish fancy’s hue,
From Hejaz and Yaman expel the Muslims true.
The Afghan’s zeal for Faith You can assail
By exiling Muslim priests from hill and dale.
Snatch customs of those, who own Muslim creed,
Banish musk-yielding deer from Cathay’s mead.
My songs in Muslim hearts ignite a flame,
Turn out such singer from park for this blame.

So..can we do atleast this...boycott KFC, Mc. Donalds, &other American brands, like, Nike, etc etc..Can we atleast do this much for the love of Prophet Muhammad(P.B.U.H)? Who is going to join me..in this?

P.S.....Plzz I request, non Muslims...if u have nothing to contribute positively to this thread, PLEASE do not participate or troll in this thread, NOR disrespect Islam or Prophet Muhammad(P.B.U.H) in this thread... Plzz it would be better if u ppl stay out

i bet if u get H1B/greencard today you will be first one to run out of ur country

i bet if u get H1B/greencard today you will be first one to run out of ur country

Plzz dont assume things on behalf of me.. Plzz speak for yourself only...:)... I am Alhamdolillah very happy to live in Pakistan, and one of the strongest opponents to live and settle abroad, whether US or anywhere else.....:).. My father had ample opportunities to settle abroad, he had been offered jobs.. but we all rejected those..:)...

I think those who don't believe in this suggestion should either give alternative or leave this as it is.

@Indians. When a Pakistani asks for non-violent protest, what's wrong with it , considering almost all of us blame entire Pakistan for terrorism around the world. Isn't it a welcome change and good alternative than violence as per your belief ?

For all those who think this won't work, let me tell you that the change in views of entire world and making them respect your beliefs is a gradual process. You have to start somewhere. If you don't believe me, read research about dynamics of belief.

Lodging a protest in peaceful ways is something that should be exercised more often.

Don't take the thread in other direction and get personal or bash with OP or anyone who supports this.

I think those who don't believe in this suggestion should either give alternative or leave this as it is.

@Indians. When a Pakistani asks for non-violent protest, what's wrong with it , considering almost all of us blame entire Pakistan for terrorism around the world. Isn't it a welcome change and good alternative than violence as per your belief ?

For all those who think this won't work, let me tell you that the change in views of entire world and making them respect your beliefs is a gradual process. You have to start somewhere. If you don't believe me, read research about dynamics of belief.

Lodging a protest in peaceful ways is something that should be exercised more often.

Don't take the thread in other direction and get personal or bash with OP or anyone who supports this.

Mate - One single person has dished out some hate and you hold the whole nation responsible for it? If that is the case, Chrisitian, Muslim, Buddhist nations - all these nations should boycott India for some isolated incidents which happens/would happen in India. Fair enough?

The most powerful and most circulated US product which is in great demand is the US Dollar. Can we boycott the US currency?

Mate - One single person has dished out some hate and you hold the whole nation responsible for it? If that is the case, Chrisitian, Muslim, Buddhist nations - all these nations should boycott India for some isolated incidents which happens/would happen in India. Fair enough?
No, all Christian, Buddhist, Muslim nations should register their strong protest and ask Indian government to take action against something that may cause violence, hurt religious sentiments and is danger to our social fabric. If government don't take action, people get frustrated and that can be used by anti-social elements to entice violence. There are numerous examples in our country where oppressed people and government failure to safeguard people's interest has resulted in many insurgencies.

If we allow one person to do it and remain indifferent, more people will follow it. That's how **** industry developed. People thought it won't grow as it was against the society and disrespecting but they did watch in hiding. The demand was there but it was hidden. Now its the fastest growing industry.

The analogy is right because in both cases, it was offensive, people even if opposed it socially, watch it personally. I think almost all of the members have seen that footage. The demand of Non-Muslims for such videos will increase, may be to show opposition against any Islamic terrorist attack. There reason will be if you don't care about our safety, why should we care of your religion. ? Its a slippery slope.

Making government reactive to take action rather than taking law in our hands is the right way to follow.

Back
Top Bottom