What's new

Boeing Has tested Missile That destroys Electronics only leaving everything

Well, one does not wake up one fine day and say let me strike somebody? So if you use the weapon, you would have had a state of conflict and this would be the start of hostilities. Its a more sophisticated SEAD attack. You know who is behind it.

You maybe know, you have a hunch for sure. Is it enough to start lobbing nukes? Iran's mullahs, however backward and power hungry do not think this way. They would most likely intensify their assymetric warfare financing/campaign. And ofcourse condemnation in PressTV.

For the civilian computer part, yes. My point was but your control systems for nuclear launches are not in buildings. They are in bunkers which are hardened for nuclear strike. A powerful type of EMP would really not effect the missiles. Which is my point being, its a nice one against tactical targets.

For strategic usage you not use somehting like this.

I think frying the computers of some countries financial center, traffic comm hubs, water/electricity supply centers is considered strategic not tactical.
This isnt a thing to replace the nukes. Dont think about it in this way....i dont even think it would be used to attack sites with ICBM's, but it could be used versus just about everything which will make your adversaries job tougher to recuperate.

Apple will sue them...

these weapons need too much power...wonderr from where the weapon is generating the required power for such an effective EMP burst...

Seeing from size it can't be non nuclear, yield may be low

Are we talking about electromotive power here? It will roast all the circuits and chips in it's radius and leave nothing that would work. If it could be developed in a more sophistical manner, there would be no data or proof available that the aircraft's accident happened due to technical error or there was any foul play.

EMP in my opinion is the new WMD. Just use them over main military bases and power plants, you have 80% of the military sitting ducks and no Air Force or Air Defense units to attack your aircraft (except for AAA or Manpads).

If it is possible than the only question is how much radius it can cover

Knocking of electronics, but will this thing will also disable aircraft(civilian.military) electronics flying in that range?
Cos if it can, then fighter jets can be easily mowed down using these without the need for A2A missiles

Every tech can be used as defense or offence

Back
Top Bottom