What's new

Boeing Has tested Missile That destroys Electronics only leaving everything

Really an amazing technology, Just imagine the main control rooms of Military and GHQ's sitting like duck after hitting these missiles.

All this is based on the assumption, that, the military complex of major powers is not 'hardened' for EMP. Typically, if I am not mistaken, if your infra can work in a nuclearised environment (meaning it has withstood a nuclear strike) your systems have been hardened already. Ofcourse, I could be wrong.

The downside of this is, the state you hit does not know what is coming at it. Hence, may start emergency procedures, which may be a retaliatory strike. Second strike weapons will be stored in places which can withstand a nuclear strike.

Like posters says, using it on Iran. What are the repurcussions of this? Will Iran respond with its own strike of WMD? There are too many scenarios.

Using this at a tactical level seems perfect on point of contact and battlefield level. Using this at a strategic level sounds absurd.

Knocking of electronics, but will this thing will also disable aircraft(civilian.military) electronics flying in that range?
Cos if it can, then fighter jets can be easily mowed down using these without the need for A2A missiles

All this is based on the assumption, that, the military complex of major powers is not 'hardened' for EMP. Typically, if I am not mistaken, if your infra can work in a nuclearised environment (meaning it has withstood a nuclear strike) your systems have been hardened already. Ofcourse, I could be wrong.

most militaries have some sort of civilian computers....

The downside of this is, the state you hit does not know what is coming at it. Hence, may start emergency procedures, which may be a retaliatory strike. Second strike weapons will be stored in places which can withstand a nuclear strike.

Retaliatory strike against whom? if you dont know what hit you, you dont know where it came from as well.

Like posters says, using it on Iran. What are the repurcussions of this? Will Iran respond with its own strike of WMD? There are too many scenarios.

Using this at a tactical level seems perfect on point of contact and battlefield level. Using this at a strategic level sounds absurd.

yea, right....on both accounts.

This is nothing but narrowband HPM.Russians have these weapons since the 60's.So like whats the big deal?

Check soviet Sinus-6 which was reverse engineered by the americans

That probably implies a larger area of effect than it has, but yes it is able to take out electronics (possibly even military hardened ones) at multiple different sites.

Narrowband HPM can only be directed against single hardened targets not multiple.What you are referring to partly is broadband HPM which is not useful against hardened electronics.

You have not heard of virtual cathode oscillator which is the principle mechanism of generating narrowband HPM and how useful it would be in a nuclear war in frying extremely hardened electronics

Narrowband HPM can only be directed against single hardened targets not multiple.What you are referring to partly is broadband HPM which is not useful against hardened electronics.

Why? The video (CGI) shows clearly it can use its "payload" on several buildings, switching it on or off. Couldn't it "reload" for another narrowband shot?

most militaries have some sort of civilian computers....

Retaliatory strike against whom? if you dont know what hit you, you dont know where it came from as well.

yea, right....on both accounts.

Retailatory strikes against potential,perceived and actual aggressors.Read a dead hand system/vengeance center system of retaliatory attack of the russians.

Retailatory strikes against potential,perceived and actual aggressors.Read a dead hand system/vengeance center system of retaliatory attack of the russians.

you make it sound so simple....what if they all gang up on you? Im sure noone would be pleased if some country just started lobbing missiles at its direction, for something they havent actually done. Here is where the casualties start....

For the sake of argument, what would India do if one of its neighbouring countries was attacked with this, frying the electronics in its capital or some mil. installation.
Noone would actually know what happened, but everyone would see missiles started flying from that neighbour. Not so simple?

If it carries multiple virtual cathode ray oscillator capsules/devices then yes.

Well, one does not wake up one fine day and say let me strike somebody? So if you use the weapon, you would have had a state of conflict and this would be the start of hostilities. Its a more sophisticated SEAD attack. You know who is behind it.

For the civilian computer part, yes. My point was but your control systems for nuclear launches are not in buildings. They are in bunkers which are hardened for nuclear strike. A powerful type of EMP would really not effect the missiles. Which is my point being, its a nice one against tactical targets.

For strategic usage you not use somehting like this.

Back
Top Bottom