What's new

Bill Gates offers to assist Pakistan in health sector

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Former CEO of Microsoft and famous philanthropist Bill Gates has offered to extend his support to the newly-elected government of Pakistan in the health sector.

In a letter delivered Tuesday to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif by Dr. Waqar Ajmal Special Representative of Bill Gates and Melinda Foundation for Afghanistan and Pakistan, Gates promised to extend financial and technical assistance to the Government of Pakistan as far as possible.

Gates congratulated Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on assumption of his office, and expressed the confidence that the new government in Pakistan special emphasis on the immunisation and eradication of fatal diseases including polio.

“The prime minister reiterated the resolve of his government to eradicate diseases from the country and welcomed the partners like Bill Gates and Melinda foundation in achieving this objective,” said a press release by the PM’s office.

The prime minister also welcomed Bill Gates’ offer to provide assistance to the government of Pakistan in controlling diseases, it said.

Bill Gates offers to assist Pakistan in health sector - DAWN.COM

Gates has contacted both PTI and PML in federal and KPK...he looks pretty serious and also eager to start off with the new governments on this project.

May he and the government be successful in eradicating polio.

I remain skeptical..
I don't trust gates, he definitely has hidden agendas. The sad reality is no one really cares about Pakistan, and all of the sudden this guy wants to eradicate diseases and improve the health sector..

I remain skeptical..
I don't trust gates, he definitely has hidden agendas. The sad reality is no one really cares about Pakistan, and all of the sudden this guy wants to eradicate diseases and improve the health sector..

What hidden agendas? He's the world's richest man. If he wants, he could buy out a small nation and rename it "Bill-Gatsia" where everyone is either named Bill or Malinda gates.

Besides, not every rich white man has hidden agendas to take over the world and kill James Bond.

Besides, not every rich white man has hidden agendas to take over the world and kill James Bond.

why not hire consultants or better yet competent health ministers who can tackle the issue..
its pathetic how Pakistanis are so eager to receive handouts whenever possible and rely on others... start solving your own problems

I remain skeptical..

he has helped indians a lot in eradicating diseases. He has no agenda, at least for India. He has only one goal in life, make bigger name in philanthropy than he did in IT.

I remain skeptical..

The guy is the richest man in the world, he built his reputation on what he did.

He has a long history in charitable work. You say who is Bill Gates and the 3rd or 4th point people will reply is his charity work along with his wife. Once this guy dies all his wealth will be spent on his foundation.

This guy isnt a politician he's the Edhi on the US.

why not hire consultants or better yet competent health ministers who can tackle the issue..
its pathetic how Pakistanis are so eager to receive handouts whenever possible and rely on others... start solving your own problems

First of all, I don't appreciate that tone. If you want to insult someone, take it to another forum, it's not welcome here. Pakistan is hiring consultants and health experts, but the problem is that the country has no money. It in a circular debt issue, and it needs a bailout to stop itself from going into economic collapse. If someone is willing to help, why shouldn't Pakistan take it? After 5 years of incompetent governance, we finally have a competent government in place. Pakistan is solving Pakistan's problems, but when did seeking help from others equal to handouts? You're speaking as if Pakistan is being given money without any strings attached. Do you know what loans and economic aid work? You have to pay the money back eventually, once the nation's economy is back on it's feet.

If you don't know about Pakistani politics, or geopolitics and economics in general, kindly keep quiet and learn.

Hope that Mr Bill gates works well with Naya Pakistan Government in Kheber Pakhtoon and Balouchistan where money will be used on welfare projects

Hope that Mr Bill gates works well with Naya Pakistan Government in Kheber Pakhtoon and Balouchistan where money will be used on welfare projects

he is not into politics, usually philanthropic institutions have specific areas they want to work in. Bill and melinda gates foundation is specifically for health care, sanitation of similar social issues.
Like other such organizations they work with local partners who they think can work with them and deliver. Whether KP or punjab.

Bill Gates offers Imran support against polio

ISLAMABAD: Famous American business tycoon Bill Gates has sought Imran Khan’s cooperation to eradicate polio from Khyber
Reference: Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Notice he only reached out to Naya Pakistan (New Pakistan)

Pakhtunkhwa, as the previous set-up in the province “apparently failed to provide security to polio workers”, a private news channel reported. According to the report, a PTI official said that Gates sent a personal letter through his representative to Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PT) Chairman Imran Khan, asking for his party’s cooperation in the anti-polio vaccination programme in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The PTI is already committed to eliminating life-threatening diseases from Pakistan through health education and immunisation programmes. Imran Khan is scheduled to speak to him on the phone to discuss the modalities of moving against polio. app

Learning more about the Foundation work
http://www.gatesfoundation.org/What-We-Do/Global-Development/Polio

Mr Bill Gates foundation operates in KP or Afghan border and we all know Afghanistan is part of Pakisatan mere technicality

Again nothing to do with NAWAZ or the old Pakistan

Everyone is welcomed to invest in diff sector. as long as it improving the living standard of common people..

Back
Top Bottom