Bible in which 'Jesus predicts coming of Muhammad' unearthed in Turkey

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobiraaz

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
A secret Bible in which Jesus is believed to predict the coming of the Prophet Muhammad to Earth has sparked serious interest from the Vatican.

Pope Benedict XVI is claimed to want to see the 1,500-year-old book, which many say is the Gospel of Barnabas, that has been hidden by the Turkish state for the last 12 years.

The £14million handwritten gold lettered tome, penned in Jesus' native Aramaic language, is said to contain his early teachings and a prediction of the Prophet's coming.

article-2105714-11E5192E000005DC-836_468x321.jpg

article-2105714-11E5192A000005DC-379_468x329.jpg

The leather-bound text, written on animal hide, was discovered by Turkish police during an anti-smuggling operation in 2000.

It was closely guarded until 2010, when it was finally handed over to the Ankara Ethnography Museum, and will soon be put back on public display following a minor restoration.

A photocopy of a single page from the handwritten ancient manuscript is thought to be worth £1.5million.

Turkish culture and tourism minister Ertugrul Gunay said the book could be an authentic version of the Gospel, which was suppressed by the Christian Church for its strong parallels with the Islamic view of Jesus.

He also said the Vatican had made an official request to see the scripture - a controversial text which Muslims claim is an addition to the original gospels of Mark, Matthew, Luke and John.

In line with Islamic belief, the Gospel treats Jesus as a human being and not a God.

article-2105714-11E51934000005DC-885_468x286.jpg

It rejects the ideas of the Holy Trinity and the Crucifixion and reveals that Jesus predicted the coming of the Prophet Muhammad.

In one version of the gospel, he is said to have told a priest: 'How shall the Messiah be called? Muhammad is his blessed name'.

And in another Jesus denied being the Messiah, claiming that he or she would be Ishmaelite, the term used for an Arab.

Despite the interest in the newly re-discovered book, some believe it is a fake and only dates back to the 16th century.

The oldest copies of the book date back to that time, and are written in Spanish and Italian.

Protestant pastor İhsan Özbek said it was unlikely to be authentic.

This is because St Barnabas lived in the first century and was one of the Apostles of Jesus, in contrast to this version which is said to come from the fifth or sixth century.

He told the Today Zaman newspaper: 'The copy in Ankara might have been written by one of the followers of St Barnabas.

'Since there is around 500 years in between St Barnabas and the writing of the Bible copy, Muslims may be disappointed to see that this copy does not include things they would like to see.

'It might have no relation with the content of the Gospel of Barnabas.'

Theology professor Ömer Faruk Harman said a scientific scan of the bible may be the only way to reveal how old it really is.

WHO WAS ST BARNABAS?
Born in Cyprus as Joseph, Barnabas was an Early Christian later named an apostle.

His story appears in the Acts of the Apostles, and Paul mentions him in some of his epistles.

The date, place, and circumstances of his death are historically unverifiable.

But Christian tradition states that he was martyred at Salamis, Cyprus.

Secret £14million Bible in which 'Jesus predicts coming of Prophet Muhammad' unearthed in Turkey | Mail Online

Well. We will see when it is scanned for date.

i think religious articles are banned mate . but an interesting read none the less. thanks.:tup:

i think religious articles are banned mate . but an interesting read none the less. thanks.:tup:
there are already loads of thread on islam atleast one keeps coming in 3 days

SHEESH, do the math!! that 1500 years puts it 500 years after He died. Anyone back then could have written it. It was not written by any of his contemporaries, alive with him or shortly after his death !!!!!!

bsflag.gif

No need to debate! Posted it just to share the news....Only Carbon dating Can tell whether it is fake or not! Till then Enjoy !!

The Bible was written many years after the death of Christ and people tend to have their own views as to how things happened. Even today there are some Christian groups that actually take out some parts and insert there own teaching into the Bible just so it can fit with their personal belief. So I will wait till proper research is done on the issue.

SHEESH, do the math!! that 1500 years puts it 500 years after He died. Anyone back then could have written it. It was not written by any of his contemporaries, alive with him or shortly after his death !!!!!!
You must've hatched this morning. ambiyaa are granted fore-knowledge. E.g. every one of them told us about the worst man that is yet to come, the dajjaal.

Damn! If the date actually comes out to be 1500 years old then the things would get REALLY interesting. Prophet Muhammad was born 100 years AFTER this book was (allegedly) written...So even back then , "Muhammad" was being discussed as the coming "Messiah" ....wow!

But lets see what happens.. Remember , the book is in Aramaic ..... The EARLIEST language of Christian texts ...The language of Jesus Christ!

bsflag.gif

You don't have any knowledge about historicity of biblical literature , do you? Also , how come the name Muhammad was mentioned 100 years before the Prophet's birth? And genius , the book is 1500 years old but it doesn't mean that some guy sat down 500 years after Jesus' death and wrote fairy tales....it can be a copy of one of the EARLIEST Christian source because it is written in ARAMAIC ! . . . . :cheesy:

But lets see if the date actually comes out to be 1500 years old :cheesy:

bsflag.gif
well, a group thinks this is unedited Gospel of St. Barnabas who died in Cyprus. If you want to know about Barnabas then en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnabas . Now if carbon dating proves this book was written before Muhammad (pbuh) became prophet then this is interesting...

No need to debate! Posted it just to share the news....Only Carbon dating Can tell whether it is fake or not! Till then Enjoy !!

It has beyond any doubt ascertained to be fake by Mr. Özbek, who knew of its fake-ness by strength of his faith!:
Protestant pastor İhsan Özbek said it was unlikely to be authentic.

There's a verse in the Qu'ran, I think 3:55..

[Mention] when Allah said, "O Jesus, indeed I will take you and raise you to Myself and purify you from those who disbelieve and make those who follow you [in submission to Allah alone] superior to those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then to Me is your return, and I will judge between you concerning that in which you used to differ.

I have always thought the "true" followers of Jesus to be mainly of what is now a day Turkey, if you think about it, Jesus was around that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom