What's new

BBC World News blocked in Pakistan

MINK

Reaction score
Country
India
BBC World News blocked in Pakistan

BBC_World_News_logo.jpg

Pakistan's cable TV association has taken BBC World News off air after screening of a documentary that it deemed anti-Pakistan. Photograph: BBC

The BBC's World News has been taken off the air in Pakistan after broadcasting a documentary that was deemed to be critical of the country. Secret Pakistan, which was screened last Wednesday, explored accusations by CIA officials and western diplomats that Pakistan was failing to meet its commitments in the "war on terror". Khalid Arain, president of the country's cable TV association, said operators had blocked the BBC service as a result.

The BBC condemned the decision, which is understood to have been applied to other foreign news broadcasters airing "anti-Pakistan" content as well.

"We are deeply concerned that BBC World News has been taken off air by the Cable Association of Pakistan," said a BBC spokesman.

"We condemn any action that threatens our editorial independence and prevents audiences from accessing our impartial international news service. We would urge that BBC World News and other international news services are reinstated as soon as possible."

The service was suspended in parts of Pakistan today, with the broadcaster expected to be off-air across the whole country by tomorrow.

The blocking of the BBC comes amid high tensions following Nato air strikes that accidentally killed 24 Pakistani soldiers on Saturday.

BBC World News blocked in Pakistan | Media | The Guardian

Predictable reaction. Don't like what you see or hear, so outlaw it.

I'm not a huge fan of the BBC myself, but you can't go around banning everything you disagree with.

I guess 'BBC' will be banned in texts now too. :lol:

predictable reation to predictable scums

BBC World is anything but impartial, but I'm not sure if it should be blocked. The cringeworthy amateur documentary showed how 'impartial' they are, & how low they can stoop in their propaganda.

Predictable reaction. Don't like what you see or hear, so outlaw it.

I'm not a huge fan of the BBC myself, but you can't go around banning everything you disagree with.

I guess 'BBC' will be banned in texts now too. :lol:

The fact is there is very little Journalistic Integrity left in UK and the US.

Both BBC and CNN have become Zionist pawns that constantly spread Western / Zionist PROPAGANDA.

I think both should be banned by 65 member countires of OIC.

Who needs their citizens brainwashed by Zionist Propoganda .......

Western propaganda should be blocked in all non-western countries. Trusting what they say about your own country or countries in the world is a big mistake, you're better off finding out that information through non-western sources.

BBC, CNN, FOX, etc = all mouth pieces of neo-western imperial and colonial powers. Don't forget they enslaved and exploited the entire world and they are still the most powerful countries as of today. They simply cannot be trusted.

Let it go. BBC and CNN isn't banned in China despite their constant China bashing. We saw through their games decades ago.

The fact is there is very little Journalistic Integrity left in UK and the US.

Both BBC and CNN have become Zionist pawns that constantly spread Western / Zionist PROPAGANDA.

I think both should be banned by 65 member countires of OIC.

Who needs their citizens brainwashed by Zionist Propoganda .......

Another indication of the immaturity in Islamic political culture, is the obsessive-compulsive disorder you have with regards to 'Zionists'.

Censoring opinion has never worked. The developed nations have all been through this, so trust us when we say it.

Without debate, opinion and opposing views - you are left a stagnant shell.

That is why the Islamic world produces very little in terms of innovation or anything else for that matter.

I always tell Pakistanis to look up to India. I know they aren't your favourite country - but use them as an example. You had one country that split up creating India and Pakistan. India became the world's most populous democracy, is fast becoming an economic super power and has great relations with the world.

Pakistan is a stagnant, militant-infested country with very little positive contributions to the world.

I can understand banning something if it's preaching violence or hatred - but a documentary you don't agree with? that's for backward nations.

Oh dear me. It isn't banned. It's been blocked voluntarily by some cable operators.

Nevertheless, BBC has become a propaganda machine over the past few months. Used to be quite an impartial news source. Not anymore though. More like TOI now.

BBC is also cutting its expenses and employees, BBC has now moving to more cheap category

---------- Post added at 06:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 AM ----------

Another indication of the immaturity in Islamic political culture, is the obsessive-compulsive disorder you have with regards to 'Zionists'.

Censoring opinion has never worked. The developed nations have all been through this, so trust us when we say it.

That is why the Islamic world produces very little in terms of innovation or anything else for that matter.

I always tell Pakistanis to look up to India. I know they aren't your favourite country - but use them as an example. You had one country that split up creating India and Pakistan. India became the world's most populous democracy, is fast becoming an economic super power and has great relations with the world.

Pakistan is a stagnant, militant-infested country with very little positive contributions to the world.

I can understand banning something is it's preaching violence or hatred - but a documentary you don't agree with? that's for backward nations.

:lol::lol::lol:

such a predictable bharati :lol::lol:

BBC is also cutting its expenses and employees, BBC has now moving to more cheap category

---------- Post added at 06:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 AM ----------

:lol::lol::lol:

such a predictable bharati :lol::lol:
Want to censor me? :lol:

I find it funny that you guys are all online posting on forums presumably because you like discussing different events and topics. Expressing your views and reading others' even if you don't agree.

Yet at the same time you support banning a network that made a documentary you didn't agree with.

I can understand banning something if it's preaching violence or hatred - but a documentary you don't agree with? that's for backward nations.

We should look up to a country whose 70% of population has no access to toilets and 40% of the population lives in poverty. :lol: What next, we should start looking up to Somalia? :lol:

Good joke. You know sh*t about Pakistan btw, our main problem stem from your WoT. Our economy tripled in the last decade, and will grow at 7-8% once your WoT ends. You probably knew that though, but didn't want to mention.

Either that or you're a bharati. I am guessing you must be a bharati to talk so highly of bharat. No westerner I've come across talks of Bharat that way.

I can understand banning something is it's preaching violence or hatred - but a documentary you don't agree with? that's for backward nations.

We Pakistanis understand when we see BALANCED DOCUMENTARIES and when we are being bombarded by Propaganda. You are a prime example of a Brainwashed Vegetable impaired by the Zionist Propaganda. Judging from your Indophile comments it is obvious you are an ethnic Indian who has truly been Brainwashed by Zionist propoganda. The three Major Zionist propaganda purveyors are BBC, CNN and Rupert Murdoch's Fox network. All three should be banned.

We Pakistanis understand when we see BALANCED DOCUMENTARIES and when we are being bombarded by Propaganda. You are a prime example of a Brainwashed Vegetable impaired by the Zionist Propaganda. Judging from your Indophile comments it is obvious you are an ethnic Indian who has truly been Brainwashed by Zionist propoganda. The three Major Zionist propaganda purveyers are BBC, CNN and Rupert Murdoch's Fox network. All three should be banned.

Very much so. BBC has become an obvious propaganda machine over the last few months. They used to have better days, but they've gone down big time lately.

Back
Top Bottom