What's new

Barcelona eyes match in Bangladesh

kobiraaz

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Barcelona eyes match in Bangladesh | Astro Awani

Spanish football giant Barcelona is pushing for a game in Bangladesh next August, nearly two years after its top star Lionel Messi dazzled a huge crowd in the country's capital, officials said Wednesday.

"Barcelona has approached us with a proposal that they are willing to play in Bangladesh," Bangladesh Football Federation (BFF) president Kazi Salahuddin told AFP.

The Spanish league leader has sought three million euro ($4 million) as appearance fees, almost the same amount Bangladesh spent to host a friendly tie between the Messi-led Argentina national side and Nigeria in September 2011.

"If everything goes well, they may visit Bangladesh any time around August when the club will be touring Asia," Salahuddin said.

BFF general secretary Abu Nayeem Shohag said the authorities were eyeing different options to raise the fees and also looking for a strong opponent to face the Catalan side in Dhaka.

Football is a popular sport in cricket-focused Bangladesh, with many waiting up until after midnight to watch English and Spanish league games.

p_001.jpg

A Year ago in Dhaka

2011-09-06-22-06-17-57.jpg

Related thread.....
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/105971-argentina-vs-nigeria-bangladesh-4.html

@M_Saint @Luffy 500 @Gyp 111 @RiasatKhan @eastwatch @PlanetSoldier @Loki @DarkPrince @madx @apo_mEaTgRiNdEr @aazidane @idune @Al-zakir @BDforever @monitor @animelive @Avisheik @boltu @COMBAN @kalu_miah @Lone @M.H.J

Last edited by a moderator:
Barcelona eyes match in Bangladesh | Astro Awani

Spanish football giant Barcelona is pushing for a game in Bangladesh next August, nearly two years after its top star Lionel Messi dazzled a huge crowd in the country's capital, officials said Wednesday.

"Barcelona has approached us with a proposal that they are willing to play in Bangladesh," Bangladesh Football Federation (BFF) president Kazi Salahuddin told AFP.

The Spanish league leader has sought three million euro ($4 million) as appearance fees, almost the same amount Bangladesh spent to host a friendly tie between the Messi-led Argentina national side and Nigeria in September 2011.

"If everything goes well, they may visit Bangladesh any time around August when the club will be touring Asia," Salahuddin said.

BFF general secretary Abu Nayeem Shohag said the authorities were eyeing different options to raise the fees and also looking for a strong opponent to face the Catalan side in Dhaka.

Football is a popular sport in cricket-focused Bangladesh, with many waiting up until after midnight to watch English and Spanish league games.

p_001.jpg

A Year ago in Dhaka

2011-09-06-22-06-17-57.jpg

Related thread.....
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/105971-argentina-vs-nigeria-bangladesh-4.html

@M_Saint @Luffy 500 @Gyp 111 @RiasatKhan @eastwatch @PlanetSoldier @Loki @DarkPrince @madx @apo_mEaTgRiNdEr @aazidane @idune @Al-zakir @BDforever @monitor @animelive @Avisheik @boltu @COMBAN @kalu_miah @Lone @M.H.J

What does this mean? Is there any in Dhaka? However, I bet Barcelona will easily be defeated by any local team even B division team. They won't be able to cope with the Bangladeshi players' football grammar because our players can only kick the ball...there head will start spinning seeing our players' style. And also the field will help our player to win :rofl: .

What does this mean? Is there any in Dhaka? However, I bet Barcelona will easily be defeated by any local team even B division team. They won't be able to cope with the Bangladeshi players' football grammar because our players can only kick the ball...there head will start spinning seeing our players' style. And also the field will help our player to win :rofl: .

They will not play against Bangladesh.... BFF will try to lure cheap teams equivalent to Nigeria like Fiorentina/Swansea... AL jazeera is going to finance the Game as far as i know....

Is it Barca C or academy team ?? Dont tell me the likes of Messi , Pique , Xavi are gonna play a match in Bd :woot:
However i am happy for you guys .

Hmmm... I heard Bangladeshi are passionate about football.... you people should consider rugby next... :)

mmm...rugby is non-existent here :lol:

I do love football though. It's trilling! :woot:

@Skull and Bones I bet there will be a new record of Win 45-0 :rofl:

If they can even keep the ball in the Barcelona half for 5 mins it will be a victory for BD soccer :lol:

P.S. @kobiraaz, you have committed a blunder by opening this thread in members club ;)

Back
Top Bottom