What's new

Bangladeshis troops assault man after sexually harassing sister

Roybot

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Cox's Bazar, Sep 24 (bdnews24.com)—Army personnel have severely beaten a tourist on the beach as he tried to stop them from 'sexually harassing' his sister, police say.

Critically injured Mohammad Hanif, 28, a tourist from Narayanganj, has been admitted to the Cox's Bazar Sadar Hospital. Cox's Bazar Tourist's Police officer-in-charge Asad Karim Chowdhury told reporters that their team led by a sergeant rescued Hanif on information about the assault Saturday noon.

He said the army personnel even harassed the policemen and barred them from taking victim Hanif to a hospital. "Hearing this, I rushed to the scene and managed to take the injured tourist to hospital," Chowdhury said. "The condition of the injured tourist is not so good. He got injured in the backbone," the police officer added.

Hanif's younger sister Lily Aktar, 22, said the troops had tried to sexually harass her along with other members of her family while they were taking bath at the beach.

Assistant superintendent of Cox's Bazar Model Police Station Tofail Ahmed visited the spot and spokewith the army personnel and witnesses. "Legal steps will be taken if the injured tourist files a written compliant," he said.

Army's Major Mahmud, who was at the spot, told reporters that the troops were playing volleyball during the incident. "A misunderstanding between the tourists and the army officials took place when the ball hit them."

SP of Cox's Bazar Selim Mohammad Jahangir said the army men who were there had offered their apology.

Troops assault man after harassing sister | | bdnews24.com

@ Is it a news ? Since it is against our army so you have posted it !!!!!! My foot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sexual harassment? In an open beach which is heavily crowded?? May i know how????

It was on the front page of bdnews.com. So I posted here, and this section is about Bangladesh Military. No other intentions. Mods can delete it if they deem it irrelevant.

sad incident hope hanif recovers from backbone injury and his family from mental trauma. and death to those culprit dogs.

This type of behaviour by these army personnals is simply sickening. Their account of the story was that there was a misunderstanding, however, that does not give these army men any right to harm a civilian.

@ Is it a news ? Since it is against our army so you have posted it !!!!!! My foot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice hypocrisy , you guys don't get tired of starting threads on atrocities done by bsf jawans though ...........bangladeshi soldiers are no angels

sad incident hope hanif recovers from backbone injury and his family from mental trauma. and death to those culprit dogs.
Well, i have many friends who studied in cadet colleges, they are kinda rough and stubborn comparing to normal people... I can understand what happened there....most probably they teased the girl and his brother responded in a brotherly manner and got beaten up... Those army men should be punished.... .

nice hypocrisy , you guys don't get tired of starting threads on atrocities done by bsf jawans though ...........bangladeshi soldiers are no angels

:no: care to differentiate between atrocities by indian BSF and this incident

look who is talking!try to google " indian army rape " and after that try to google " bangladesh army rape "

COMPARING TO YOU, I FIND WE ARE ANGELS

:no: care to differentiate between atrocities by indian BSF and this incident

BSF only killed few Illegal Bangladeshi trying to cross border Illegally. BSF should be more strict in killing Illegal immigrants. :agree:

BSF only killed few Illegal Bangladeshi trying to cross border Illegally. BSF should be more strict in killing Illegal immigrants. :agree:

@ What is the definition of Few ??????????

This type of behaviour by these army personnals is simply sickening. Their account of the story was that there was a misunderstanding, however, that does not give these army men any right to harm a civilian.

How do you know that the army men were actually "sexually harassing" the man's sister? Would they do it on a beach? Why are so many Bangladeshis so eager to condemn the army at the first opportunity?

Back
Top Bottom