What's new

Bangladesh wants Bollywood to showcase its struggle for freedom.

Inqhilab

Reaction score
Country
India
Bangladesh wants Bollywood to showcase its struggle for freedom from Pakistan.​
Information+minister+Hasanul+Haq+Inu+200213.jpg

44d61c09422766fd5770ce81d82662cf20121101.jpg

Bangladesh I&B minister Hasanul Haq Inu has appealed to Indian filmmakers to use the 1971 war as theme for their movies.
He said these movies could touch upon issues such as India’s role in the episode, migration from his country to Bihar and others states (Tripura and West Bengal) of India during the period and Mukti Bahini — the Bangladeshi freedom fighters Unit which was backed by India.

Inu also promised to lift the ban on Indian movies in his country — imposed since the 1965 India-Pakistan war when Bangladesh was part of Pakistan and was east pakistan. He said film tourism could help both India and Bangladesh a great deal to improve their relations and people to people contact.

There was a time when Indians films were released in East Pakistan. However, after the 1965 war, they were banned. “Even after Bangladesh’s liberation… the ban continues… I have opened a small window and by April Indian films will be released in Bangladesh and Bangladeshi films will release in India,” Inu said. He is also looking at Indian investment in opening and upgrade of cinema halls in his country.
Bangladesh I&B minister Hasanul Haq Inu has appealed to Indian filmmakers to use the 1971 war as theme for their movies.

He said these movies could touch upon issues such as India’s role in the episode, migration from his country to Bihar and others states (Tripura and West Bengal) of India during the period and Mukti Bahini — the Bangladeshi freedom fighters Unit which was backed by India.

Inu also promised to lift the ban on Indian movies in his country — imposed since the 1965 India-Pakistan war when Bangladesh was part of Pakistan and was east pakistan. He said film tourism could help both India and Bangladesh a great deal to improve their relations and people to people contact.

There was a time when Indians films were released in East Pakistan. However, after the 1965 war, they were banned. “Even after Bangladesh’s liberation… the ban continues… I have opened a small window and by April Indian films will be released in Bangladesh and Bangladeshi films will release in India,” Inu said. He is also looking at Indian investment in opening and upgrade of cinema halls in his country.

It'll be the RAWAwamy version of the incident, will the Bangladeshi citizens accept it?

A film on 1971 .....???
:its: not going to be fun here.

I am sure the desire for such films was encouraged ;) by India.

It is only India and pro-India stooges in Bangladesh who want to remain obsessed with 1971.

Bangladesh government is going off track, their intentions should be to normalize relations but seems like they want problems not only from neighbour country but from their people too.

It is only India and pro-India stooges in Bangladesh who want to remain obsessed with 1971.

If the producers think there are enough people to watch it, and that they can make profit.... they will make such a movie.

Besides we have every right to be proud of these skillfully planned and executed operations in the 1971 war.

If the producers think there are enough people to watch it, and that they can make profit.... they will make such a movie.

Besides we have every right to be proud of these skillfully planned and executed operations in the 1971 war.

May be RGV as director since he already got some experience.......

but both the parties will have their own versions.:undecided:

Could you pakistanis please make up yer mind ?
You say us to not to be obsessed with it then ur most revered Musharraf calls on Indians not to forget '71 ... The fcukk you want with us ? :woot:

Nothing wrong in getting obsessed with past when we,Indians had a decisive victory in '71.And nothing wrong from Bangladesh too.It was their war on independence.US is still making movies on WW II.So let us encourage these efforts unless it distorts the facts too much.
I hope you will not have any problem when some westerner will make movies on Kashmir genocide. Isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom