What's new

[Bangladesh] Trade Gap with Delhi Increases to $2.91 billion

Indians do not have to worry about 1971 of the past. This thread is all about the present trade gap between BD and India. India is taking all the advantage from this country. Open your market for our goods to compete against your shoddy products and shut your mouths up.

We will!

But first tell us what competitive items you have to offer to India, (that are cost and quality effective), which is fourth largest economy today.

What makes you think so? What the products I mentioned earlier are renowned in world market and being exported to EU, USA, Middle East and far east. You think Indians have better standard than them?
I wl change my opinion if you give details about the products and how successful they are in global market. Except jute and agro and other food product I have not heard of anything. Garments may be another one.

I wl change my opinion if you give details about the products and how successful they are in global market.

30% increase in overall export in Q1. 41% increase in export in USA only in August. Bangladesh utilised Indian 8mln pieces of quota in the first 5 moths of this yearThats apparel.

Pharmaceuticals exported more than 56 countries including EU, USA Russia and middle east and they meet all the standards.

bicycle exported to EU more than 250 mln dollar last year.

We got the worlds biggest footwear industry in Bangladesh and being exported to EU and other countries.

Ships being exported to Netharlands, Germany, Denmark, Africa, Pakistan etc.

Just few of them.. hope that helps

ouch lol that must have hurt :P

We dont mind trade deficit with Bhutan, Nepal, Myanmar as they are the smaller economy but with India is unacceptable. In theory Indian consumer should have better purchasing power than us but last year we ate 2bln dollar worth of Indian cattle and ofcourse thats illegal. Half of India is busy sending cattle to Bangladesh.

What makes you think so? What the products I mentioned earlier are renowned in world market and being exported to EU, USA, Middle East and far east. You think Indians have better standard than them?

its not about standards but about methodology. Just because you have it does not mean one needs to buy it. Trading regulations do not work like that. Bangladesh has only recently started expanding its industrial base and growing as a whole so only with time and proper trade talks can such barrier be broken down. India has to watch out for itself first, flooding the market with cheaper Bangladeshi goods will devalue the goods overall and can cause severe problems for the domestic market. Bangladesh currently does not make anything that India does not already have or has access too so does not need to rush with changes in trade regulations. Such regulations are normal, even the US puts trade regulation on Canada in order to protect its domestic market, nothing sinister.

30% increase in overall export in Q1. 41% increase in export in USA only in August. Bangladesh utilised Indian 8mln pieces of quota in the first 5 moths of this yearThats apparel.

Pharmaceuticals exported more than 56 countries including EU, USA Russia and middle east and they meet all the standards.

bicycle exported to EU more than 250 mln dollar last year.

We got the worlds biggest footwear industry in Bangladesh and being exported to EU and other countries.

Ships being exported to Netharlands, Germany, Denmark, Africa, Pakistan etc.

Just few of them.. hope that helps
No it does not help. Can you give little details about ssome products....say cycle, PVC, platic....there cost and market share of thesse products of thesse products in BD in comparison to foreign import.

If your claim is true that is impressive, but supplying in Middle East, or EU is one thing and take on any developping country like India , china or Thailand in their home ground is a different thing.

My wife is in UK at present. Most of the food stuff she buys are from BD shops. She says she buys fish, vegitables etc which are even rare in rural Bengal nowadays. It is surprising how these items reach so far in fresh condition. I am heard of garments, jute products and lether items. But for other products I am not very hopeful if they have to get a share in Indian market from established companies. Even garments and lether products can face it difficult.

We dont mind trade deficit with Bhutan, Nepal, Myanmar as they are the smaller economy but with India is unacceptable. In theory Indian consumer should have better purchasing power than us but last year we ate 2bln dollar worth of Indian cattle and ofcourse thats illegal. Half of India is busy sending cattle to Bangladesh.

Why is a trade deficit with India unacceptable, you have a huge trade deficit with China and you seem to be fine with that but why are so picky about India ? India has the 3rd largerst purchasing power in the world, so not only in theory but in practice also Indian's on average buy much more than Bangladeshis. Cattle trade is allowed as per India-Bangladeshi trade regulations and nothing is illegal there. Rather than criticizing India why dont you push your fellow countrymen to use only Bangladeshi goods. Trade follows a simple demand and supply principle. And sorry if half of India sends cattle to Bangladesh, you guys will have to find a new home lol Please stop with this general one liners. You are one of the few sane Bangladeshi members, we need you to remain that way lol

Cheers

No it does not help. Can you give little details about ssome products....say cycle, PVC, platic....there cost and market share of thesse products of thesse products in BD in comparison to foreign import.

If your claim is true that is impressive, but supplying in Middle East, or EU is one thing and take on any developping country like India , china or Thailand in their home ground is a different thing.

My wife is in UK at present. Most of the food stuff she buys are from BD shops. She says she buys fish, vegitables etc which are even rare in rural Bengal nowadays. It is surprising how these items reach so far in fresh condition. I am heard of garments, jute products and lether items. But for other products I am not very hopeful if they have to get a share in Indian market from established companies. Even garments and lether products can face it difficult.

We just exhausted full 8mln pieces quota in the first 5monts of this year in Indian market. Mr. Farook khan will raise the issue.
For the sake of argument, when Garment was removed from negative list even though for a limited quantity our product strongly entered Indian market. So what you claimed that our product cant compete with your industry is nullified. Our industry is already competing in international market with your products and doing great. What we need is level playing field.

I am too lazy to go around find exact data for you but you can look at Export Promotion Bureo website. Just do some googling.

We just exhausted full 8mln pieces quota in the first 5monts of this year in Indian market. Mr. Farook khan will raise the issue.
For the sake of argument, when Garment was removed from negative list even though for a limited quantity our product strongly entered Indian market. So what you claimed that our product cant compete with your industry is nullified. Our industry is already competing in international market with your products and doing great. What we need is level playing field.

I am too lazy to go around find exact data for you but you can look at Export Promotion Bureo website. Just do some googling.
I am googling but still find nothing other than Garments, Jute and other agro products.

Sure shot sign of throwing the towel into the ring.

At least if you can not resist the wrap, enjoy it

I am googling but still find nothing other than Garments, Jute and other agro products.

If you dont fid anything with google then go to Bangladesh Economy thread. Plenty of information there.. :tup:

i don't get why everyone is bashing each other, the article clearly says that it is not as profitable for BD exporters to export to India (because of lower profit margins and exchange rates). They get better operating margins in western countries anyway. give it a rest people...

I do agree that GOI should create a FTA with BD for mutual benefits, giving more competition to our companies will only make them better. Indian members should have faith in their domestic industries

Back
Top Bottom