What's new

Ban AL, associates: Jamaat

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score
Ban AL, associates: Jamaat
Staff Correspondent, bdnews24.com
Published:2013-08-02 20:05:10.0 BdST Updated:2013-08-02 21:07:06.0 BdST

Ban AL, associates: Jamaat - bdnews24.com

The Jamaat-e-Islami has demanded outlawing the Awami League and its associate fronts, a day after the High Court cancelled its registration, giving rise to widespread calls to ban it.

2013-08-01 14:47:19.0
The centre-right outfit claimed the demand to outlaw it by the ruling alliance members were ‘unjust and undemocratic’.

“The Awami League, [its youth front] Juba League, and [student affiliate] Chhatra League should be banned for their involvement with terrorist activities,” party’s Acting Secretary General Rafiqul Islam Khan said in a media statement on Friday.

In a landmark verdict, the High Court on Thursday declared the registration of Jamaat ‘illegal’. The party had moved the Appellate Division challenging the sentence and sought a freeze on the immediate execution of the verdict.

Jamaat, which opposed the birth of Bangladesh, registered with the Election Commission in 2008 when it was made mandatory for parties interested to contest polls.

File Photo
File Photo
The EC then issued repeated reminders for Jamaat to change its charter in keeping with the Constitution but the Islamist party ignored them.

If the party’s plea is quashed, it will be left with no other option but to amend its charter and apply for registration anew. This process will understandably take time.

Khan claimed government agencies and the ruling party activists had killed around 250 supporters of Jamaat and its student front, Islami Chhatra Shibir, from Feb 28 until now.

He spoke about the killing of Juba League leader Reazuddin Khan Milki in a factional feud to show how the Awami League was involved with ‘atrocious activities’.

Jamaat, which has been guilty of committing war crimes during the Liberation War, claimed it was a ‘legal political party’.

“There’s no question of outlawing it,” its Acting Secretary General said.

If Jamat deregistration is ratified by HC and this anti democratic precidence is set it is almost guaranteed that BAL would be the next victim.

Jamat crime is to have a charter that states places absolute trust in Allah rather than democracy. Given BAL tried to introduce a one party state then surely they are anti democracy and must be outlawed.

A step towards peace and harmony in the country. @PlanetSoldier me wants roshogolla and roshmalai included

Sure.....if you want roshogolla and roshmalai, you'll carry along these two items while joining, everyone will carry items of their wish list. I'll just host the Milad for all invitees ;) .

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure.....if you want roshogolla and roshmalai, you'll carry along these two items while joining, everyone will carry items of their wish list. I'll just host the Milad for all invitees ;) .

are evil baniya chanakyan yindoos going to be invited too??I'm from bengal..Bhai Bhia ek thai... :lol: :kiss3:

topic...

what are the reasons Jammat wants AL to be banned???No one ever accused AL as a supporter of Terrorists,atleast I don't know that..

what are the reasons Jammat wants AL to be banned???No one ever accused AL as a supporter of Terrorists,atleast I don't know that..

Unless you are from different planet, Awami League is a terrorist party and people of Bangladesh are victim of their wholesale terrorism, including Bisawjit Das. Including attack on Buddhist temples in Ramu.

Bishwajit Killed by Awami League - YouTube

Any other country and a terrorist party like awami maggots would have been long gone for their anti-state acts and rampant terrorism. Such party of scum bags deserve to be banned. Hell after 75, this party should have been in the museum if not for the naive mistake by Pres. Zia. Allowing AL back in this country was the only political blunder made by him IMO.

Even the Russian Mafia have better ethical standards than the AL :rofl:

Even the Russian Mafia have better ethical standards than the AL.

I'm sorry, I was mistaken to say that the AL is a mafia party. Please forgive me :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom