What's new

Bal Thackeray, Hindu leader and Shiv Sena founder, dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its as if Altaf Hussein has passed away in Karachi.

He is loved and hated by many people.

That was a good comparison. But I dont think even Altaf bhai has the power to bring entire Karachi to a standstill. Maybe the Muhajir dominated areas. No ?

People have closed their shops already...Only Some Milk,Grains and Daroo shops are Open and will be closed in Half an Hour...people are taking their stock for Sunday....Everything will be closed tommorrow

This is a huge setback to Shiv-sena and whole of maharashtra.
RIP to a great Hindu leader ... This is a setback for many of his followers,fans,marathi maanos and hinduism.

So hindu hriday samrat bala sahib thakrey is dead,the one who talked about hindutva yet divided hindus on lines of marathi-non marathi.Spoke openly with courage on many controversial issues yet went in hiding when LeT was planing to attack him(rumor?!)carried shivsena on his shoulders yet almost destroyed it for the love of his son, "conflict personified" the best way I can describe him.His death brings the end of an era in Indian specially hindutva or hindu identity politics.A man you can love you can hate but cant ignore.

Bal thackeray was a mixed bag. he was staunchly marathi. to have support of his followers he always had a hate campaign against fellow indians. that was more of a political stunt.
but the hatred he had for pak was genuine because Pak supports islamic terror and that impacted mumbai a lot.. his hatred for muslims of india started only aftre they started the 93 mumbai riots.
edit... he wanted to have no business with pak or pak1s because of their support of terror in his hometown. for that i respect him.

He liked Michael jackson. he instructed his party to never harm women based on Shivaji Mahraj's life. he liked hiw white wine in a silver cup. he didnt like sania mirza mrrying a pak1. he asked tendulkar to shut up when he supported cricket with pak. after 2002 bombings he was angry and asked for hindu suicide bombers to counter islamic terror , which never happened of course, it was more of initial anger. he challenged the government tht shiv sena would fight on the border given right training. colourful man. indian politics will be poorer.

Bal thackerey wasn't the one who use to gather cadres to arm themeselves with weapons and Suicide bombers and carry terror attacks ...So ***** - please stop comparing him with Jihadis like Osama or any other Nutcase from your country

Right now there are few leaders in Sena.
Namely Udhav Thakare , Mr. Joshi and rest of all are second line leaders
Sena was never powerfully by its leaders but by the Sainiks who work for it.

Udhav is not as Balasaheb. But if Raj Thakare came back which is more likely as if now he will be the LEADER by true meaning and fill in the shoe of great loss

either way power struggle will happen which will weaken the party core. and it might split into many factions.

so truly the united Shiv Sena era is over.

but one thing is that the Shiv sena had a lot of goons in general

Keep the tough race theory to yourself, India is not moghul empire. India is a dream of our collective consciousness ( how absurd it might look like) and those who try to break away will face some discomfort to their normal lifestyle.
Ask kashmiris/punjabis/assamese. (some other tough race... )

None of these are on the same level as Marathis, and keep your threats to yourself.

In a democracy one does not need to threaten whole ethnic communities, but to discuss with them and persuade with them.

As I've said Marathis, including the MNS and SS, are loyal to India so there is no question of secession or need for some tough keyboard warrior and internet Hindu threatening people.

So hindu hriday samrat bala sahib thakrey is dead,the one who talked about hindutva yet divided hindus on lines of marathi-non marathi.Spoke openly with courage on many controversial issues yet went in hiding when LeT was planing to attack him(rumor?!)carried shivsena on his shoulders yet almost destroyed it for the love of his son, "conflict personified" the best way I can describe him.His death brings the end of an era in Indian specially hindutva or hindu identity politics.A man you can love you can hate but cant ignore.

Bal thackeray was a mixed bag. he was staunchly marathi. to have support of his followers he always had a hate campaign against fellow indians. that was more of a political stunt.
but the hatred he had for pak was genuine because Pak supports islamic terror and that impacted mumbai a lot.. his hatred for muslims of india started only aftre they started the 93 mumbai riots. for that i respect him.

the part in bold!!!! please elaborate! are you saying you respect him for having riots done in 1993 against muslims????

uncle mar gaay ohh so sad chalo bhi age bhi ho gai thi un ki ab .

I do hope this is the end of his horrid party of THUGS. The fact that the ENTIRE Mumbai police force and the CRPF's RAF had to be deployed on the streets just goes to show what kind of scum makes up this party-nothing but despicable THUGS. And the fact that these scoundrals even went around telling shopkeepers to shut their shops-WHO THE EFF DO THESE FOOLS THINK THEY ARE? Mumbai is a multi-cultural city now and these guys are living in the stone age-they have no place in 21st centuary India.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom