What's new

BAF hopes to achieve Air Superiority with new fighter jets from China

As far as I know by reading some informative article BGI costed us less than US$10 million (or around $9 million) each unit at friendship price. So, we spent about $160 million to buy 16 BGIs. Although people predict or talk about F-7MBs to be replaced by these BGIs, but it is inconcievable to me. Why on earth BAF will retire 7 A-5s as well as 16 MBs with the arrival of only 16 BGIs?

BAF don't have 16 F-7MB. I can recall crashes in: Uttara (1), Runway Dhaka (1), Chittagong (1), Dhaka (1), Jessore (1)...That gives us a total of 5 or more crashes. That is 11 F-7MB and 7 A-5C = 18 or less to be retired for 16 F-7BGI

There was a time when F-7s were called poor man's F-16s. In some previous posts I asked and a Chinese poster replied that BGi has now 7 hard points (3 + 3 + 1(below fuselage) instead of only 5hard points for all other variants of F-7. Wiki says BGI is the most advanced among all the variants of F-7 planes. Its climbing rate is 195m/sec and its maximum speed is 2.0 mach.

Its BVR range is somewhere between 40 to 50 km. I just do not know if BVR capability is correct or not with the short nose it has. However, the New Age report speaks of its capability to jamm the enemy plane's radar forcing it to dogfight. Friendship price is $10 million or less.

F-7BGI is a derivative of Chengdu J-7G2 and both has 5 hardpoints.

Back
Top Bottom