What's new

Ask your question about China

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etiene

Reaction score
Chinese friends. I have a question about your cuisine. In Sweden at least the most common type of chinese food in restaurants is the buffet type fried food I'm sure some of you are familiar with. Of course this must be something that's been adapted for western taste. I've always wanted to try real chinese food, taste the essence of China if one can put it that way.
What do you recommend?

I also encourage mod to make this thread sticky as I'm sure many of us have questions about China.

Chinese friends. I have a question about your cuisine. In Sweden at least the most common type of chinese food in restaurants is the buffet type fried food I'm sure some of you are familiar with. Of course this must be something that's been adapted for western taste. I've always wanted to try real chinese food, taste the essence of China if one can put it that way.
What do you recommend?

I also encourage mod to make this thread sticky as I'm sure many of us have questions about China.

The Thread exists.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-far-east/206583-do-you-have-any-questions-about-china.html

Here is my advice for anyone looking for Chinese food overseas:

Look inside the restaurant. If the majority of the customers are Chinese, then it is likely to be close to the real thing.

If the majority of customers are say, Westerners, then don't eat there. It will just be Chinese food tailored to the tastes of foreigners, and most likely also cooked by a Western chef.

By following this rule I have found some really good Chinese food while on vacation to other countries. :azn:

What do you recommend?

If you have question ask here as a thread exists.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-far-east/206583-do-you-have-any-questions-about-china.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom