What's new

Army Small Vehicles Very Important In War time Situation

Yes, Although Ratan TATA runs it as a separate Entity because of Its Integrity... Thats why It isn't, TATA land rover Or TATA Jaguar..... Just Like Ford Learned technology from them, TATA will too...

So Pakistan, You can Have Land Rover Now I guess...:cheers:

That's not the irony, You see since Jaguar and Landrover are wholly owned subsidiaries of TATA motors.

Next time they need a new landrover or even spare parts. PA has to pay landrover, which in effect is paying TATA, which in effect Is paying India.

So PA pays India for its small Vehicles. :lol:

Either way i just realized If TATA owns Land Rover, They now own all those technologies and tricks that made them the best off road vehicles out there.

Sure its not a Humvee, but it is the next best thing. :yahoo:

That's not the irony, You see since Jaguar and Landrover are wholly owned subsidiaries of TATA motors.

Next time they need a new landrover or even spare parts. PA has to pay landrover, which in effect is paying TATA, which in effect Is paying India.

So PA pays India for its small Vehicles. :lol:

Either way i just realized If TATA owns Land Rover, They now own all those technologies and tricks that made them the best off road vehicles out there.

Sure its not a Humvee, but it is the next best thing. :yahoo:

You said it Bro, The Best example Of demonstrating that Technology in TATA is Sumo grande.... I have Taken It for a test drive, Believe Me, U will Not feel That You are driving a SUV, U are flying In it...

You said it Bro, The Best example Of demonstrating that Technology in TATA is Sumo grande.... I have Taken It for a test drive, Believe Me, U will Not feel That You are driving a SUV, U are flying In it...

I am sure on the Luxury scale, TATA has it covered :cheers:

But i was more interested in its rugged Off roads aspects.

IA can now have the reliability of the legendary
Land Rover Defender

The use of Land Rovers by the British and Commonwealth military, as well as on long term civilian projects and expeditions, is mainly due to the marque's off-road performance. For example, the short wheelbase version of the Land Rover Defender is capable of tackling a gradient of 45 degrees, an approach angle of up to 50 degrees, a departure angle of 53 degrees and a ramp break-over of up to 25 degrees. A distinctive feature of all Land Rover products has been their exceptional axle articulation (the degree to which the wheels have vertical travel, with high amounts allowing them to maintain contact (and traction) with the ground over uneven surfaces), which is currently 7 inch (178 mm) at the front axle and 8.25 inch (210 mm) at the rear on basic Defender models.

Since the very beginning all Series and Defender models have been used in a military capacity, most notably by the British army. Often this has entailed just slightly modifying civilian models (primarily adding military "blackout" lights), but some dedicated military models have also been developed such as the 101 Forward Control and the air-portable 1/2 ton Lightweight.

b780e44bb981eedc5e6402244767da95.jpg

7936a49cc2fe80abbdf632c1151015d7.jpg

0a5e351c77e023205802f1adcfb56209.jpg

This is why you dont just put armor plating on jeep, and then drive over mines

People speak about Pedigree's in car making

Well now TATA has one of the best out there.
Cant wait to see what they have cooking up for IA.

Now you may think i am too into the army, but no, i'm just not a fan of SUV's. If I wanted luxury I shall admire Jaguar when they make a car i actually like.

pakistan army also uses land rover i seen them alot in formation in karachi and in hyderabad

The Australians use the bushmaster. It's better then the american humvee, the americans even considered buying some.

The bushmaster is used to rapidly deploy battle ready troops in all field conditions. Can carry 9 soldiers at a time and is IED resistant.

Bushmaster is specially designed to meet the requirements of the Australian Defence Force (ADF) to rapidly deploy battle ready troops in all field conditions. The ADF demanded a highly mobile infantry vehicle providing significant troop protection, all terrain agility and expeditionary capacity. High level crew comfort and mobility ensure rapid deployment and delivery of battle ready troops to critical areas. Bushmaster is the latest generation of High Mobility Infantry Protected vehicles.

920af1f8ef5497bafdd692f261eabebb.jpg

6c82ff17d51bec3c1db99367fb893eb2.jpg

9afb98b15fbce907a77a714253000c23.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushmaster_Protected_Mobility_Vehicle

Last edited:
Yes, Although Ratan TATA runs it as a separate Entity because of Its Integrity... Thats why It isn't, TATA land rover Or TATA Jaguar..... Just Like Ford Learned technology from them, TATA will too...

So Pakistan, You can Have Land Rover Now I guess...:cheers:

:rofl: damn!!! we really need to change our cars now! or we will be using indian good against indians! :lol:

but i guess we are not worried about it our TAXILA industry makes alot of APCs and so on i guess they can cope up with this challenge too!

:rofl: damn!!! we really need to change our cars now! or we will be using indian good against indians! :lol:

but i guess we are not worried about it our TAXILA industry makes alot of APCs and so on i guess they can cope up with this challenge too!

Oh no, You dont need to change your cars.. Why would You? Anyway Its not a Damn New Land Rover Which Pakistan Uses, Old Models.... You can Have spares from Land rover... And The One in TAXILA is a heavy vehicle factory buddy,We are talking about small Cars and ATV's.... ALL TERRAIN VEHICLES>>>

Here are some nice examples of German ingenuity...taking multi-purpose civilian vehicles and turning them into beasts...very crafty indeed. This VW would look cool for use.

9da938d5b4f0f6b21a1f5f6ff7791364.jpg

Volkswagen seems to be the construction of a prototype of the army Touareg SUV. Not much information is available on the vehicle, but it seems VW hopes that the ageing military versions of the Mercedes G-Class will give them the advantage when seeking defense contracts.

Painted in a dull green and stripped of all its chrome, outside a good job would not be noticed. Different branches Touareg gives the upper hand in the state of the art communications systems, while many hooks at the front and rear facilitate rescue vehicle should become trapped in mud or snow. Power would most likely come from Volkswagen TDI V10 which has 310hp and 533ft/lbs of torque.

f6275aad9de84cb379b958427a4ec817.jpg

38cc4b6a68cc44a8feaa5ffacd75d1a6.jpg

7aa336c18954e76e852a44a6eb3154ec.jpg

* courtesy some blog on wordpress

Back
Top Bottom