What's new

Army should be looking for a NEW Sub Machine Gun (SMG)

I didn't question the credibility of your claim. Just wanted to know that whether POF made the changes or indeed the rifle. Because the original Type 56 II is not made with fixed stock.

Btw the pics you posted, also looks like folding stock, what is the exact rifle there? Looks like a 56 II.
I cannot confirm whether POF did changed to Type-56, from what I heard (unconfirmed again) Type-56 was produced by POF. I think Pakistani Nationalist can give you better insights.

As for this rifle, it is AK-47 modified by Captain Farhan Ali Shaheed and officially at POF.

I cannot confirm whether POF did changed to Type-56, from what I heard (unconfirmed again) Type-56 was produced by POF. I think Pakistani Nationalist can give you better insights.

As for this rifle, it is AK-47 modified by Captain Farhan Ali Shaheed and officially at POF.
How far are we, getting vz 58 in action, it would be a great turning point in the war on terror in fata, VZ 58 will be huge difference in close combat !

A Chinese Type-56 was also tested along side other SMG's for the sake of comparisons. The accuracy & effective range of the Type 56 weapon was found to be the same (if not less in a few aspects) then what was demonstrated by other weapons. The accuracy was tested at 100m and the effective range was tested at 300m. Except for the Romanian weapon, the other two SMG's tested (Czech & Serbian) were within acceptable range of accuracy.

XYON, what do you think of the accuracy of the Type-56 and effective range, is it accurate, what is the effective range ? and do you think the new selected weapon will have the effective range desired

A Chinese Type-56 was also tested along side other SMG's for the sake of comparisons. The accuracy & effective range of the Type 56 weapon was found to be the same (if not less in a few aspects) then what was demonstrated by other weapons. The accuracy was tested at 100m and the effective range was tested at 300m. Except for the Romanian weapon, the other two SMG's tested (Czech & Serbian) were within acceptable range of accuracy.

That is good to hear, then I think the Army should maintain the Type-56, dont you think? and are these weapons more expensive then Type-56, if so, then why should we go for them ??

HK-417 should replace MP5. Type-56 and G3 should be maintained as for now.

HK-417 is 7.62 x 51 not 39 , and second thing PA is looking for a gun for CQB, HK 417 is for long range engagements like G-3, i think you were trying to say hk 416 perhaps, but that is 5.56

HK-417 is 7.62 x 51 not 39 , and second thing PA is looking for a gun for CQB, HK 417 is for long range engagements like G-3, i think you were trying to say hk 416 perhaps, but that is 5.56

I meant HK 417. 7.62 x 51 would not be a problem rather, it would be really cost effective as G3's ammunition and magazines work on HK 417. In CQB weapons of short length and light weight are required, if HK 417 meets these requirements then PA should go for it.
5.56 mm is extremely ineffective.

I meant HK 417. 7.62 x 51 would not be a problem rather, it would be really cost effective as G3's ammunition and magazines work on HK 417. In CQB weapons of short length and light weight are required, if HK 417 meets these requirements then PA should go for it.
5.56 mm is extremely ineffective.

HK-416/7 is a replacement for G-3 not for MP-5. With HK-416/7 replacing the SMG, you just killed the frontline troops in CQC.

HK-416/7 is a replacement for G-3 not for MP-5. With HK-416/7 replacing the SMG, you just killed the frontline troops in CQC.

Type-56 is SMG right? What makes it SMG? And why can't G3 be called SMG? Actually, PA, especially FC hardly makes any distinction b/w these two (according to what I think). Type-56 is widely used in FATA by FC and PA. There's no weapon especially set for guard duties.
28871693.jpg

The HK417 is designed more for use as a "designated marksman" rifle or battle rifle than an assault rifle, with its increased accuracy, penetrative power and effective range weighed against higher cost, decreased rate of fire, and a smaller magazine capacity (although fully automatic fire is selectable).

There's no weapon especially set for guard duties.

It was Mp-5 with the MP's and other checkpoint guards about some years back. But then the ineffectiveness of the weapon against body armor at some range was learnt, it could not neutralize a suicide bomber threat at a range (assuming he had body armour on), so now you see Type 56.

It was Mp-5 with the MP's and other checkpoint guards about some years back. But then the ineffectiveness of the weapon against body armor at some range was learnt, it could not neutralize a suicide bomber threat at a range (assuming he had body armour on), so now you see Type 56.

Exactly. Now MP5, Type-56 and G3 - all of these weapons can be seen with guards. Though MP still widely use MP5.

The picture I uploaded shows two guards, one is holding G3 while the other is armed by Type-56.

As for this rifle, it is AK-47 ....

You sure? Because a Ak sight is open, or was this rifle's barrel, sight, stock etc was completely changed, everything except the internal assembly?

Type-56 is SMG right? What makes it SMG? And why can't G3 be called SMG? Actually, PA, especially FC hardly makes any distinction b/w these two (according to what I think). Type-56 is widely used in FATA by FC and PA. There's no weapon especially set for guard duties.

The HK417 is designed more for use as a "designated marksman" rifle or battle rifle than an assault rifle, with its increased accuracy, penetrative power and effective range weighed against higher cost, decreased rate of fire, and a smaller magazine capacity (although fully automatic fire is selectable).

Exactly. Now MP5, Type-56 and G3 - all of these weapons can be seen with guards. Though MP still widely use MP5.

The picture I uploaded shows two guards, one is holding G3 while the other is armed by Type-56.
For all the above posts, please watch this video. It would help explain why different weapon caliber and sizes are suitable for different situations. G-3 or HK416/7 is suicidal for CQC/CQB.

This second video can also help understand the point, though it is 1 hour video.
You sure? Because a Ak sight is open, or was this rifle's barrel, sight, stock etc was completely changed, everything except the internal assembly?
It's a modified variant. We would now be going off the topic and the actual topic is losing it's interest, but it is not a Type-56 but AK-47.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom