What's new

Are we wrong about C-802AK ?

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hello Nerds.

I was doing some studying on what sort of capabilities this new C-802AK brings to our Maritime Attack potential. Here are a few things that i found.

• Previously displayed ASM with the JF-17s in Farnbrough was C-802A which has a range of up-to 180kms.
    c802a.jpg

The recently displayed ASM with the JF-17 package at the Dubai air show is C-802AK which according to a US document has a range of up to 225-250kms and is technologically comparable to Harpoon B1C.

C802ak.jpg

http://www.clashofarms.com/files/Eagle_Strike_8.pdf

But for some stupid reasons, our folks forgot to get the new spcs on their display charts.

• You can clearly see that the Missile is C-802AK , but that little poster next to it says C-802A. Its displaying the WRONG specs of this missile.

JF-17+Thunder+Pakistan+Air+Force+PAF+fighter+jet+air+show+C-802A+Anti-ship+Missile+SD-10A+BVRAAM+PL-5E+II+WVRAAM+and+500+kg+LS-6+Satellite+Inertially+Guided+Bomb+LT-3+Laser+LT-2LS-500J+Laser+missil+%25287%2529.jpg

JF-17+Thunder+Pakistan+Air+Force+PAF+fighter+jet+air+show+C-802A+Anti-ship+Missile+SD-10A+BVRAAM+PL-5E+II+WVRAAM+and+500+kg+LS-6+Satellite+Inertially+Guided+Bomb+LT-3+Laser+LT-2LS-500J+Laser+missil+%25285%2529.jpg

Job well done :rolleyes:

But for some stupid reasons, our folks forgot to get the new spcs on their display charts.

• You can clearly see that the Missile is C-802AK , but that little poster next to it says C-802A. Its displaying the WRONG specs of this missile.

JF-17+Thunder+Pakistan+Air+Force+PAF+fighter+jet+air+show+C-802A+Anti-ship+Missile+SD-10A+BVRAAM+PL-5E+II+WVRAAM+and+500+kg+LS-6+Satellite+Inertially+Guided+Bomb+LT-3+Laser+LT-2LS-500J+Laser+missil+%25287%2529.jpg

JF-17+Thunder+Pakistan+Air+Force+PAF+fighter+jet+air+show+C-802A+Anti-ship+Missile+SD-10A+BVRAAM+PL-5E+II+WVRAAM+and+500+kg+LS-6+Satellite+Inertially+Guided+Bomb+LT-3+Laser+LT-2LS-500J+Laser+missil+%25285%2529.jpg
We have seen 11-135, 12-138 and 12-142 at DAS 13, not 11-130. This pic is from some other show, probably from DAS 2011.

Is this "clashofarms" chart reliable? C-802A can be launched from Air too. Besides, it seems that the C-802A and C-802AK differ from each other in very "minor ways". Specs may be the same.

Here is one of the pic of C-802AK from DAS 13. C802A on the white body is visible. Have they repeated the mistake again? :azn:

JF-17+Thunder+C-802A+Anti-ship+Missile,+SD-10A+BVRAAM,+PL-5E+II+LS-6+Satellite+Guided+Bomb+LT-2LS-500J+Laser+LT-3+Laser+Bomb+LT-2+LT-3+bomb+electro-optical+guided+100+kg+50+kg+LS-6+GBU-39B+Small+DiAMETERCM-400+SUPERSONIC+%285%29.jpg

PAF has tested the C-802AKG now.

iCXnNO7.png

Last edited:
Please, you are giving too much credit to people who cant slect proper pic-chars for calanders and use phato-shup. These boards are done by PA's from local printing shops and rarely involve interest or effort unless one is so inclined to make things look pretty.

There there versions as shown in the last Zhuhai show:

-C-802A range 180km
-C-802AK range ~240km
-CM-802AKG range ~280km

All we know is that only C-802A has been inducted.

@Oscar

I'm begining to think that the rumored C803 is either YJ-12 or CM-400AKG. Though i could be wrong.

Some version and possibly Iranian reverse engineered one worked against Israel.

Anyways, have you thought about the Yakhnot Russian missiles?

@Oscar

I'm begining to think that the rumored C803 is either YJ-12 or CM-400AKG. Though i could be wrong.
Or most likely it is another derivative of the C802 platform. But one cannot be too sure considering the rather overlapping designation system used by the Chinese.

Some version and possibly Iranian reverse engineered one worked against Israel.

Anyways, have you thought about the Yakhnot Russian missiles?

Yakhnot has been developed into Brahmos which has been exported to India. We don't have them.

We, have C-801/2, Exocest, Harpoons on Ships and Subs.
Exocest - C-802AK, CM-400AKG on Maritime Attack/Fighter air crafts.
Harpoons on P-3C orions.
C-602 ASMs for Coastal defense.

Yakhnot has been developed into Brahmos which has been exported to India. We don't have them.

Harpoons on P-3C orions.

You can't go wrong with it, I'd say it's a good choice and you should wait till the C-803 design comes. People suspect it's development but there's not much evidence right now. I'm sure it's a project though.

Unless you can get your hands on the naval strike missile by Norway...:azn:

Harpoons on P-3C orions.

You can't go wrong with it, I'd say it's a good choice and you should wait till the C-803 design comes. People suspect it's development but there's not much evidence right now. I'm sure it's a project though.

I apologize, I'm confusing numbers up. The YJ-83 is the C-803 export version apparently. This has Mach 2 speeds.

That's what Pakistan needs. And I have to say the Brahmos is pretty good all around, overall it may be just one of the best anti ship missiles out there.

Last edited:

Don't need one ;)

raad-cruise-31may12-2.jpg

raad.jpg

Back
Top Bottom