What's new

American ambassador enjoyed Halwa Puri and Lassi, a traditional Lahori breakfast

Punjabis make 2-3% of indian population.

Whats your definition of Punjabi, is it cultural or nationalistic for you ? Are multanis punjabi ? If your government creates a new state of multan then they will cease to be associated with term punjab and their food will become multani food instead of punjabi food ?

^^^

I hate it when indians do this. How the hell Pakistani Punjabis are mixed with invaders but indian Punjabis are pure Punjabis? just stfu, and stop trying to deny Muslims our Punjabi identity.

I didnt mean to insult you and sure there are pakistani punajbis whose ancestors were jsut punjabis but muslim invaders didnt converted to hinduism/sikhism/jainism to become indian punjabis or did they. Whereas in case of muslim punjabis one cannot say for sure how many of them are descendants of invaders, because its not 1 or 2 guys who came from outside, it was in armies of thousands and given high birth rates go figure how many can be expected to have foreign lineage.

I am not generalizing but please dont tell me that how halwa puri-lassi is pakistani food and as if Indian punjabis/haryanvis/delhiites are copying it. it is lahori breakfast but also north Indian.

Whats your definition of Punjabi, is it cultural or nationalistic for you ? Are multanis punjabi ? If your government creates a new state of multan then they will cease to be associated with term punjab and their food will become multani food instead of punjabi food ?

Yes they r punjabi.
@zeeshan i think he meant punjabi speaking pashtuns,balouch,syeds,iranian gakhars,araiens etc.

Damn! he should have been served with lots of achar aka pickle! :devil:

Amb da Achaar.

That reminds me, its Saag season. Man I so miss Saron da Saag, Makki di Roti, Adrak da Achaar and Lassi!

buddy it's also indian traditional food:cheers:

Well regardless here is the Man of the Hour:
PakUStiesspicynotsweetMunter_17334.jpg

At Caprice in Lahore.

Back on topic:

Yar Khuda key waste leave some posts for PAKISTAN only. I mean Jesus H Christ... Every post i visit there is some cheap comment like "we have that in india too" or that is "indian too".

Seriously its okay to be proud of your country but we are talking about PAKISTAN. Everytime somthing nice come about Pakistan it's like yeah but in India we have that too...

Seriously who cares are you really that insecure that you have flash it everywhere?

It's like my last trip to a restraunt in London that claimed "100% Indian Food". So i was shocked to see Roat advertised as a Traditional Indian dessert.

I just couldnt help but ask the Management "How the hell" is Roat Indian... No i mean it, seriously! It's bloody Afghan shortcake bread, how is it Indian... :hitwall:

This reminded me of a sketch from Goodness Garcious me:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sindhi and I love halwa puri... but we eat with potato bhadi...

Punjabi food is very nice but also very rich!

Yeah i have to agree there Lahori food is a bit too much on the digestive system. But it sure is tatsy. Only the Punjabi know how to turn somthing boring and uninspiried as Daal into a delicious dish.

^^^Haha..I can understand. That sketch was funny though!

Yeah i have to agree there Lahori food is a bit too much on the digestive system. But it sure is tatsy. Only the Punjabi know how to turn somthing boring and uninspiried as Daal into a delicious dish.

So tell me something, just curious, is your Halwa usually made out of Wheat flour or Daal? 'Coz this side we have both the versions. Personally I prefer the former.

yeah you're right!

The only time I like daal is when I eat at a punjabi restaurant...

So tell me something, just curious, is your Halwa usually made out of Wheat flour or Daal? 'Coz this side we have both the versions. Personally I prefer the former.

Well the most popular is Sugi ka Halwa which is made from Semolina. The Daal halwa is made in Pakistan from Moong Daal, but Sugi is cheaper and far more popular.

Also you ain't tried halwa unless you try Mianwali's Panthey Ka Halwa. OMG!

Back
Top Bottom