What's new

Altaf says ‘MQM to endorse martial law against corrupt politicians’

Pak123

Reaction score
KARACHI: Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) Chief Altaf Hussain Sunday said his party will support patriotic Army generals’ steps like Martial Law if taken against corrupt politicians.

In his telephonic address to MQM workers here in Azizabad from London, the MQM Chief urged what he called patriotic generals ‘to initiate Martial Law like steps against unscrupulous politicians.’

Altaf Hussain demanded initiation of criminal case on charges of mass murder against feudal lords and landlords who diverted floods to save their crops towards localities/villages of the poor.

“Landlords and feudals always created hurdles for the poor and middle class, keeping them from coming forward in politics,” he maintained, adding that the political stalwarts seem hell bent on disintegrating the country.

He said the country is in desperate need of change like French Revolution and that MQM by stirring such a revolution will make an example of trepidation out of the landlords, feudals and capitalists.

Altaf Hussain said pockets of religious parties and Army generals were stuffed with dollars during Soviet led war in Afghanistan while orphan Mujahideens are becoming fuel for the Taliban.

He urged US President Barrack Obama to review his policy and to stand by the masses instead of landlords.

Source: geo.tv - Security Verification

I guess MQM has smelled that the military is going to topple this government, that's why we are hearing such comments from him, just to make their position safe. But I really don't want the army to interfere instead I want the supreme court to give orders to the army to throw out this inept,corrupted,****** government. In this way it will be constitutional otherwise if it doesn't happen then I see a bloody revolution or anarchy ahead !

You cant send these people packing like before. They actually make life harder for people being alive and well in other countries. Specially the one that gave this statement.

Indication of someone COMING ;)

Also today news "Shokat Aziz send some money for flood victims around 25 lacs PK"

Ahem Ahem smell of someone COMING !!! :P

unfortunatly only army can take a step against these medevil fuedals .. i still disagree :disagree: with this statement inviting army to meddle in state functions will further worsen the situation , ... insane if fudals have diverted the route of floods !!? but the question is can the army can really root out this medevil system of wadera and jagirdars ?

Let the people decide their fate in next or the next elections , Pakistanis have now the media who can talk the talk

Yeh another trap! Rest assure they will back out from their statement. He has smelled future and conveyed his readiness to whoever he wanted to. From tomorrow onwards they will come with funny interpretations that he did not mean this and blah blah. Its a matter of shame that a party comes with record votes and turnout at all most every seats they won and now favoring martial law. We expect them to create ideal environment in Karachi so that other cities should follow but we find it otherwise. I really dont find any difference in his purpose and feudal s just the style is different.

Let this government go through constitutional means lets not have them sympathy that they were thrown out unconstitutionally cause our memories are very short. All opposition parties must prepare for future election instead of banking upon such measures , till the time three or four governments will not go constitutionally and power is transferred smoothly we can't have democracy. If they want change they can do it within assembly. Army must not fall into this ploy todays patriotic generals will be the biggest traitors for Mr Altaf Hussain after few month cause they derailed democracy.

So watch out people :pakistan:

One thing is certain, someone ought to really take away their land and redistribute it.

yeh dha may be lol , but stil i dont care just liberating those people from these morons wil be a big achievement

Even though I am not a fan of MQM, I will support Altaf on this issue, the country is going backwards day by day, I have just heard on ARY news that DPO of Sialkot has managed to escape from custody obviously with the help of the police, The supreme court judgements have not been honoured by this pathetic government and so a change is urgently required for the benefit of Pakistan.

As per the constitution of Pakistan the Supreme court can call in the Army to implement the Supreme court rulings but that would spell the end of PPP led coalition government I hope that is the case.

Even though I am not a fan of MQM, I will support Altaf on this issue, the country is going backwards day by day, I have just heard on ARY news that DPO of Sialkot has managed to escape from custody obviously with the help of the police, The supreme court judgements have not been honoured by this pathetic government and so a change is urgently required for the benefit of Pakistan.

As per the constitution of Pakistan the Supreme court can call in the Army to implement the Supreme court rulings but that would spell the end of PPP led coalition government I hope that is the case.

I agree with u MQM has really struck the national cord and like u i m not their fan either .

not honouring and implementing the SC judgements (and making lame and funny excuses ) is setting a very very bad precedent for the future of 'rule of law' in this land ... The state is going to get irreparable damage if this practice continues even for a second. SC should invoke article 190 and suspend the Government ASAP to avert this mockery being made of the state of Pakistan .

Everyone is sick of these PPP and PML-N "politicians" But I think they will stay in power for another 3 years -- because if armed forces intervene without a new constitution, without bringing a new system in Pakistan, then everybody will turn against armed forces - that's what is really wrong with Pakistan, it's the system of Westminster style - where democracy means kleptocracy and to some it is even a religion, they don't care whether the system delivers or not, just as long as the loot continues in the name of the Awaam.

In the entire history of Pakistan, armed forces have not been abloe to find the courage to bring new system and new constitution and to show the disicipline and will to ensure that the new system will be defended - against all enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC.

ALtaf need to come back to make such statement it does not make a single sense for a common man like me why is he setting in england making such statement like as if he is firkin nelson mandela
I wonder why isn't he talking about karachi killing n then there is people who appreciate these kind of leaders u fool have no attention to make pakistan a better example in front of the world

I would personally support a move whereby the Army - invisibly - engineers a resignation of the present Government and appoints hand-picked Technocrats with the GHQ in the background, looking after important national interests. There is no reason to impose martial law, nor is there any reason to immediately conduct a fresh round of elections. The present assembly can be manipulated appropriately without even needing to engineer its collapse...

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom