What's new

Aleppo Clashes Threaten to Spill into Turkish Territory

Hakan

RETIRED INTL MOD
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Clashes between Syrian opposition groups the Free Syrian Army (FSA) and the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) have intensified around the tomb of Suleyman Shah in the city of Aleppo.

According to Article 9 of the Treaty of Ankara (1921) signed between France and Turkey, the tomb of Suleyman Shah is officially Turkish territory, which is appointed with Turkish guardians and hosts the Turkish flag.

Turkish troops have therefore upped their presence around the tomb, preparing for the possibility on an attack, as gun battles between the two rival opposition groups rage around the town of Karakozak.

Turkmen tribal leader Suleyman at-Turkmani warned that the ISIL had previously destroyed the tombs of saints in Tel Abyad and could turn on the Suleyman Shah's tomb, putting Turkish soldiers stations at the tomb in great danger.

Turkmani urgently called on Turkey and the Istanbul-based Syrian National Coalition opposition group to protect Islamic heritage sites and protect Turkmens from attacks by regime forces and the ISIL.

The Tomb of Suleyman Shah is the supposed burial place of Suleyman Shah, the grandfather of Osman I, the founder of the Ottoman Empire.

On 5 August 2013 the Syrian civil war promted Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan to warn that any attack on the tomb would be considered an attack on Turkey as well as an attack on a NATO-member state.

20110408-115656-sry090-jpg20140312144417.jpg

suleymansahturbesi3_1.jpg

The Location of the tomb is circled below.

maps22.jpg

Aleppo clashes threaten to spill into Turkish territory | Middle East | Worldbulletin News
Suriye'deki Süleyman Şah Türbesi çevresinde çatışma - Hürriyet DÜNYA

Last edited:
Clashes between Syrian opposition groups the Free Syrian Army (FSA) and the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) have intensified around the tomb of Suleyman Shah in the city of Aleppo.

According to Article 9 of the Treaty of Ankara (1921) signed between France and Turkey, the tomb of Suleyman Shah is officially Turkish territory, which is appointed with Turkish guardians and hosts the Turkish flag.

Turkish troops have therefore upped their presence around the tomb, preparing for the possibility on an attack, as gun battles between the two rival opposition groups rage around the town of Karakozak.

Turkmen tribal leader Suleyman at-Turkmani warned that the ISIL had previously destroyed the tombs of saints in Tel Abyad and could turn on the Suleyman Shah's tomb, putting Turkish soldiers stations at the tomb in great danger.

Turkmani urgently called on Turkey and the Istanbul-based Syrian National Coalition opposition group to protect Islamic heritage sites and protect Turkmens from attacks by regime forces and the ISIL.

The Tomb of Suleyman Shah is the supposed burial place of Suleyman Shah, the grandfather of Osman I, the founder of the Ottoman Empire.

On 5 August 2013 the Syrian civil war promted Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan to warn that any attack on the tomb would be considered an attack on Turkey as well as an attack on a NATO-member state.
Interesting.

Damn, I hope my supplies of Turkish coffee will not be affected.

Damn, I hope my supplies of Turkish coffee will not be affected.

Coffee is not grown in Turkey cousin. Turkish coffee is basically Arabic coffee (the original coffee). The coffee you buy in your local shop is originating from Brazil, Vietnam, Colombia, Horn of Africa, Yemen, Indonesia or India etc.
So you can be calm.

Coffee is not grown in Turkey cousin. Turkish coffee is basically Arabic coffee (the original coffee). The coffee you buy in your local shop is either originating from Brazil, Vietnam, Colombia, Horn of Africa, Yemen, Indonesia etc.
So all this time I've been lied to? it's a disgrace.

Not sure what the source of my 'Turkish' coffee is. It's an Israeli brand actually.

Anyway what's the situation in Southern Turkey? In my humble opinion Turkey should have replied with a harsh hand against the attacks of the Child-Murderer on Turkish soil although there are always risk involved with such decisions but many Turkish nationals died.

Let's hope for an quick removal of the Child-Murderer although it is doubtful.

I support Turkey here should they retaliate.

So all this time I've been lied to? it's a disgrace.

Not sure what the source of my 'Turkish' coffee is. It's an Israeli brand actually.

Probably Brazil or Vietnam. Tea which is originally Chinese is grown all over the world today and when I think about tea I think about Sri Lanka for some reason. Today the world is global.

Anyway what's the situation in Southern Turkey? In my humble opinion Turkey should have replied with a harsh hand against the attacks of the Child-Murderer on Turkish soil although there are always risk involved with such decisions but many Turkish nationals died.

Let's hope for an quick removal of the Child-Murderer although it is doubtful.

I support Turkey here should they retaliate.

So, that wouldn't count as interfering in Arab affairs ?

Only words, zionist Al Qaeda install JEW NATO everywhere, theg never fight them

Saudis wahabits see americans near them everyday and never shoot them since always, you rhink they will ever shoot a NATO member?

ISIL is NATO made btw, IF is saudi

Back
Top Bottom